MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

KUL Runway 32R

other than the hibby and heliconia,

i think the word "malaysia" on the planes lacks the strength and "uuumph" unlike those felt on EK and QR.

come on. we have big big planes and we have the smallest fonts :wacko:

big fonts, contrasting colour, never fail to capture people's eyes.

MWers, you guys think so too?

Edited by Johan Lim

Some shots from this morning. Weather was initially quite dark but improved with time. Iran Air B742 was at the gate until I left at 1115 so no shot of her either.

B2845.jpg

According to Jon it was delayed until 1400. Don't think it was anyway connected to the Olympic Torch run.

VTAXR.jpg

Don't remember seeing this one here yet.

PKAWG.jpg

Ex 9M-AAG?

FuuuuH~!!! Nice catch Capt. :good:

New Curry Exp.~??? No Close Up tail Shot~???

Nice shot of the sebben-fipe-sebben, captain: never seen those before, not even in HKG :nea:

Great shot of curry-express too; looking for more... :pardon:

Really? So when is it going to happen? :unsure:

Just received a SMS : 9M-MPD ferry flight to SZB tomorrow 20/4 for painting :cray:

Could this be the end of hibiscus ? :(

what Iran 742...??

what's that Air China B757 doing, long term park there.

EP-IAH. According to Jon, Air China departs 1600.

Just received a SMS : 9M-MPD ferry flight to SZB tomorrow 20/4 for painting :cray:

Could this be the end of hibiscus ? :(

Apparently, it did not go to SZB, as she was 'seen' operating into LHR on 20apr08 :blink:

ACARS mode: 2 Aircraft reg: 9M-MPD [boeing B744]

Message label: H1 Block id: 8 Msg no: D17A

Flight id: MHS004 [] []

Message content:-

#DFB*POS9M-MPDMAS4 200408WMKKEGLL 120044 492873 338727 35995 4068708422815273 32 09519-480-1600275983 120543 494923 329498 36002 3991608472833277 34 09542-478-1525275167 121043 496900 320180 36002 39008

----------------------------------------------------------[ 20/04/2008 14:27 ]-

ACARS mode: O Aircraft reg: 9M-MPD [boeing B744]

Message label: Q0 Block id: 7 Msg no: S16A

Flight id: MH0004 [KUL-LHR] [Malaysia]

----------------------------------------------------------[ 20/04/2008 14:26 ]-

Papa Delta is scheduled to depart for Subang at 8pm tonight in her glory Hibiscus colour for the last time :(

Papa Delta is scheduled to depart for Subang at 8pm tonight in her glory Hibiscus colour for the last time :(

Does this means that we gonna miss this special livery forever??? :help:

Apparently, it did not go to SZB, as she was 'seen' operating into LHR on 20apr08 :blink:

-----------------------

ACARS mode: O Aircraft reg: 9M-MPD [boeing B744]

Message label: Q0 Block id: 7 Msg no: S16A

Flight id: MH0004 [KUL-LHR] [Malaysia]

----------------------------------------------------------[ 20/04/2008 14:26 ]-

Thanks for the confirmation, Pieter.

I was alone in Oscar Hotel yesterday without scanner. I saw MPD departing at around 1020 with a heavy load.

My guess of her going to LHR was right.

From the photo below, you could see the CA Olympic Torch plane also blocked by lamp post. :pardon:

MPDw.jpg

What about 9M-MPB?

Papa Bravo is visiting AMS today (21apr08) on MH016/MH017 :pardon:

If they(Malfunction Airline/MH) bosses think that they've got two hibi and want to repaint the current to another special livery, I would be most happy, but when the hibby is still in immaculate paint condition, much much better to those AK's and now they think it should go back to normal livery then F*cK off those idiots behind the decision bcoz thats just plain stupidity and a waste of money... unless off course MPD is going to a new operator becoz MH sold it?? I want answers soon... I'm not agains MH, but they made me, i think most of us as well <_>

Hibby and Heli are similar to Wunala and Tropical.. all weigh abt 2-3t more cos of the paint.. 2-3t means 2-3t less cargo, less fuel etc... I'm sure the ROI of painting them back into normal liv will be pretty quick.. What does MGT care abt special livery, all they care is the $$$, and if repainting is the way to go, then it will be done.

Hibby and Heli are similar to Wunala and Tropical.. all weigh abt 2-3t more cos of the paint.. 2-3t means 2-3t less cargo, less fuel etc... I'm sure the ROI of painting them back into normal liv will be pretty quick.. What does MGT care abt special livery, all they care is the $$$, and if repainting is the way to go, then it will be done.

Might as well let them fly in primers!!! Perhaps its easier to just sack highly paid do nothing ceo's is the best to go... <_>

Latest report is that all 3 airframes will be back in normal color by end of June 2008.

Latest report is that all 3 airframes will be back in normal color by end of June 2008.

:( no more "Red Giants" in AMS or overflights enroute to/from LHR :(