MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

KUL Runway 32R

Latest report is that all 3 airframes will be back in normal color by end of June 2008.

:( ...... there goes my favourite livery of all time , y mh ??? :angry: =@

:( ...... there goes my favourite livery of all time , y mh ??? :angry: =@

Why?

The special livery aircraft are heavier. By repainting the company will save up to RM 900 000 per year in fuel cost.

Welcome o the new era of PMS and KPI.

Why?

The special livery aircraft are heavier. By repainting the company will save up to RM 900 000 per year in fuel cost.

Welcome o the new era of PMS and KPI.

How does that cost compare against benefits from global brand awareness and free advertising?

How does that cost compare against benefits from global brand awareness and free advertising?

Why not having those three airframes painted all white and turn it into a flying billboard to gain more money and at same time save fuel, and at the same time makes 3 more interesting planes to spot for??? Boy, are MH management people so stupid hahaha

exactly ...... totally agree with that mushrif ........

AnyBody Spotting today evening~?? :search:

I won't be there, Ibrahim. Enjoy your spotting.

For those in KUL today, watch out for thid Egypt Air flight based on the info in KLIA website. Tech stop again on the way to Fiji. :pardon:

Arrival MS 3610 CAI 13:10:00

Dep MS 3611 NAN 14:10:00 C032

Have fun!

Latest report is that all 3 airframes will be back in normal color by end of June 2008.

Sigh.... :mellow:

Why don't they compromise a bit, like just repaint one or two, instead of all three?

Or, they can still repaint all of them, but instead of going back to normal colors, why don't the make smaller versions of the livery on the airframes? In this way, both sides gain something, be it advertising or the KPI whichever.

Repainting the special liveries so unique like these to normal colors, its like stripping these beauties naked off their identities. Like erasing someone's personalities just because their images are too 'loud'.

Sorry... slightly emotional about the news.

Need to strip off the liveries..maybe to cover up the cost of their new regional lounge..

Just make all our available planes turn into GADING SARI livery!!! PLAIN WHITE ! SUre enough they'll make profits !! <_>

Ok guys..ive been reading these comments, and after some discussion with other members, i think its time to make a statement.

There are alot of comments flying around here along the lines of "oh MH so stupid la" and "stupid management", in a subforum where the only posts should be either one with pictures, one commenting on pictures, one asking for details about the picture/location where it was taken and perhaps even one congratulating the photographer for a prized catch. (didnt we JUST have a huge spring-cleaning initiative by TK to get rid of comments which dont fall under these categories?)

I have to agree with Captain Nik to a certain extent, where it seems a few members have started to bring a whole new meaning to the term 'keyboard warrior', and my own personal favourite...'COMMANDO'. These members, im ASSUMING, have a rather colossal thorn in their paw by the way they rant and rave about how the management of MH seemingly know nothing, and are a bunch of morons.

As much as I am not a fan of MH, credit has to be given where its due. Although the decision-makers have made some guffaws in the past, saving 900'000 on fuel costs, is a VERY prudent decision. If I was in their shoes (which i dont wish to be...), Id make the decision in a heartbeat.

Why should I care if a bunch of photographers don't get to photograph a special livery on my airplane? As long as I save close to a million ringgit a year, and thus can guarantee the jobs of a few hundred more people, and pay salaries on time and what not, im contented. If the photographers start paying me a million bucks to offset the cost of fuel, ill paint their HOUSE in Heliconia and Hibby colours, along with the aircrafts in question :pardon:

Now...lets stop acting without tact and foresight, and end this seemingly unending bashing of MAS. Constructive Criticism is welcomed on the APPROPRIATE subforum...but these unethical comments should not have been posted here in the first place.

I mean...come on la...bashing because of a Paint Scheme? :blink:

Ok guys..ive been reading these comments, and after some discussion with other members, i think its time to make a statement.

There are alot of comments flying around here along the lines of "oh MH so stupid la" and "stupid management", in a subforum where the only posts should be either one with pictures, one commenting on pictures, one asking for details about the picture/location where it was taken and perhaps even one congratulating the photographer for a prized catch. (didnt we JUST have a huge spring-cleaning initiative by TK to get rid of comments which dont fall under these categories?)

I have to agree with Captain Nik to a certain extent, where it seems a few members have started to bring a whole new meaning to the term 'keyboard warrior', and my own personal favourite...'COMMANDO'. These members, im ASSUMING, have a rather colossal thorn in their paw by the way they rant and rave about how the management of MH seemingly know nothing, and are a bunch of morons.

As much as I am not a fan of MH, credit has to be given where its due. Although the decision-makers have made some guffaws in the past, saving 900'000 on fuel costs, is a VERY prudent decision. If I was in their shoes (which i dont wish to be...), Id make the decision in a heartbeat.

Why should I care if a bunch of photographers don't get to photograph a special livery on my airplane? As long as I save close to a million ringgit a year, and thus can guarantee the jobs of a few hundred more people, and pay salaries on time and what not, im contented. If the photographers start paying me a million bucks to offset the cost of fuel, ill paint their HOUSE in Heliconia and Hibby colours, along with the aircrafts in question :pardon:

Now...lets stop acting without tact and foresight, and end this seemingly unending bashing of MAS. Constructive Criticism is welcomed on the APPROPRIATE subforum...but these unethical comments should not have been posted here in the first place.

I mean...come on la...bashing because of a Paint Scheme? :blink:

Agree with you Imran.

Ok... enough said about these special colors...

Imran has put down the points well...

PMs been issued...

If still not satisfied with MH management's decision to change the colors,

can argue your intellectual points in Gen Aviation sub-forum.

I guess we should stick to the topic...

Pictures/observations from 32R please... :)

Hehe, yup and now where's the pixies?? :lol:

the supposed to be short stop-over turn out to be a long one and finally she depart at around 4pm with what seems to be a heavy fuel load, very late rotation.. <_>

IMG_Egypt2MWing_filtered.jpg

I won't be there, Ibrahim. Enjoy your spotting.

Yup.. Totaly enjoy my Spotting session Yesterday.. came all the way from Perlis.. Fuuh Fuuh~!!!

Thank to Victor for the Ride around.. :drinks:

Bloody red Flyglobespan.com.. Apple anyone~???

65554284ap6.jpg

For Imran.. PowerfuLL Emirates..

58066223vu9.jpg

we stuck at Ladang Spot for a long time because of this.. Egypt Air.

37377357je6.jpg

Victor and Ibrahim, nice day for you guys to catch that Egypt Air.

The weather was superb for any plane passing by your cameras.

I guess Victor and the Sun are good buddies... :rofl:

I guess Victor and the Sun are good buddies... :rofl:

nahhh, we're only good buddies at times only. :rofl: the only good reason for the good light is because our friends from down south brought along the Sun with them to KUL. :D