MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

Bro TK

My mouth's watering - from the food you eat, the in-cockpit views, your D200, the beautiful blue in that external window shot of the Lobster, etc., etc.

Thanks for the CDG taxi comments - very complicated indeed but maybe not as complicated as the taxi charts of KUL for the satellite bays.

I'm also curious about the console next to your Milo cup. It looks like an LCD screen with some butttons but obviously it's not frequently used looking at its position behind your side window.

Is the "QR-EJ" below your aircraft ID your SELCAL code or something? And how does LeeCH know that you have a manual humidifier from your pics? What's the humidifier for anyway?

Sorry for asking a lot Bro but hey it's free isn't it? Anyway thanks very much for those shots especially the FMC, PFD and ND shots - they tell a lot without you having to put them in words for us.

That lever near the Milo drink is a lever used to open the no 2 window in case we need to escape using the escape ropes from the flight deck.

The tiller is covered by the map.

Hope this helps,

LeeCH

thanks Leech...

Sometimes, dirty windscreen :angry: do myself lah... B)

IPB Image

somebody ask about Sel-Cal...its a selective call code.

when an airliner in a NON VHF coverage, we uses HF (high frequency) radio to call the ATC.

Long over water flights, like over bay of bengal, between indonesia and australia, pacific and atlantic.

if we keep listening on HF frequency with all the 'static' radio wave, my ears will pop out after 5 minutes of listening into it...so we have sel-cal code. we do position report on waypoints through HF up until within range of VHF, so if ATC wants to speak to us on HF, they can call us by selecting the code and there would be a chime in the cockpit and SELCAL will be displayed on our EICAS and radio mic button.

the display behind the cockpit, its a MAT..maintenance access terminal. Used by engineering to check if anything wrong with the aircraft...like let say we have a hydraulic pump problems, then we do the non-normal checklist and inside the MAT it will tell the engineer more of what had happen to the faulty hydraulic.

so once the aircraft arrive, an engineer will checks the MAT of any faults to be repaired.

humidifier...he he he...i will take a picture of it one day and you guys will seewhat is it. ;)

..."walk around an airliner".... Not my plane...But JAL 777...

Ok guys, what is this...??? :huh:

IPB Image

try and see some nose shorts of JAL boeings wide bodies and some ANA too...

i will post a close up after any of you knows what it is... :rolleyes:

IPB Image

hmm..Is that an camera or something to detect the air pressure or wat?

IPB Image

Unfortunately, no A.net spotter caught this sight! :lol:

Edited by Min Chun

IPB Image

well, i had a question mark on this for a long long time ago since i was a child in primary school, how does an airplane did tat?? is that different things if a fighter jet got the kinda "smoke" behind? Just because i'm always look up to the skies and wonder why an aircarft will got such phenomena behind.( always saw this things when recess at school, most of time was airliners, but sometime fighter jet also did that, air force base just a kilometer behind my school, enjoy with jet landing but most of my friend said, "noisy!!" <_>

TK,

I can't get wat u talking abt at the starting part of ur dialog which u provided the link at page 8.

Malaysian nin-er one..........cleared for take off?????........ cleared for take off, malaysian nine-er one. rolling...

anyway, all of the cockpit crew and airtraffic are communicate with tat fast ??

Edited by Tze Shan

thanks Leech...

IPB Image

when an airliner in a NON VHF coverage, we uses HF (high frequency) radio to call the ATC.

Long over water flights, like over bay of bengal, between indonesia and australia, pacific and atlantic.

if we keep listening on HF frequency with all the 'static' radio wave, my ears will pop out after 5 minutes of listening into it...so we have sel-cal code. we do position report on waypoints through HF up until within range of VHF, so if ATC wants to speak to us on HF, they can call us by selecting the code and there would be a chime in the cockpit and SELCAL will be displayed on our EICAS and radio mic button.

the display behind the cockpit, its a MAT..maintenance access terminal. Used by engineering to check if anything wrong with the aircraft...like let say we have a hydraulic pump problems, then we do the non-normal checklist and inside the MAT it will tell the engineer more of what had happen to the faulty hydraulic.

so once the aircraft arrive, an engineer will checks the MAT of any faults to be repaired.

humidifier...he he he...i will take a picture of it one day and you guys will seewhat is it. ;)

Good explanation there TK. Thanks...

Anyways how often do you get bird poop on your windshield, i know it sounds unlikely but have you experiened any!

Who took the photo?

TK,

I can't get wat u talking abt at the starting part of ur dialog which u provided the link at page 8.

Malaysian nin-er one..........cleared for take off?????........ cleared for take off, malaysian nine-er one. rolling...

anyway, all of the cockpit crew and airtraffic are communicate with tat fast ??

If you dont mind me bugging it, but to my understanding.

the first one is sounded by the atc, assuming that the aircraft is at the runway already, issuing the clearance to take off for TK's plane.

So he goes, Malaysian niner-one cleared for takeoff.

then the pilot replied Cleared for take off, malaysia ninerone which is a standard practice i think to reinterprete whatever the ATC has said so something like to double confirm with the ATC if he got the message right.

As for rolling, that means that the throttle is at TOGA and the plane is rolling down the runway and PHEEEWWW he flies to the friendly skies.

Good explanation there TK. Thanks...

Anyways how often do you get bird poop on your windshield, i know it sounds unlikely but have you experiened any!

Who took the photo?

If you dont mind me bugging it, but to my understanding.

the first one is sounded by the atc, assuming that the aircraft is at the runway already, issuing the clearance to take off for TK's plane.

So he goes, Malaysian niner-one cleared for takeoff.

then the pilot replied Cleared for take off, malaysia ninerone which is a standard practice i think to reinterprete whatever the ATC has said so something like to double confirm with the ATC if he got the message right.

As for rolling, that means that the throttle is at TOGA and the plane is rolling down the runway and PHEEEWWW he flies to the friendly skies.

Walter ar..didnt explain why cakap so fast??

Experienced? B)

i just wonder did the ATC talk only ONE time??????

i just wonder did the pilots need some sharp ear to hear wat it say expecially those ppl who tok english tat have strange slang on it....?

IPB Image

i think the '?' is the camera. and that T7 is 773. coz 773 come wit some hidden camera, one is located at nose, and another on the tail. pls correct me if i'm wrong.

Triple 7 nose wheel camera is not located there. I am still sratching my head on this. Shame to be a triple 7 driver. :blink: Next time I drive a 300 series I shoot you some pictures where are the cameras located. TK, I give up, apa ini la?

Walter ar..didnt explain why cakap so fast??

Experienced? B)

erm, could be a factor. Lets say airport traffic is at 100% you must speak really fast too to save time. Experience can oso, the pilot/ATC used to the ATC lingo perhaps maybe.

AND, if you dont realise, TK cut the ATC transcript till the way to a very high attitude to shorten the time of the track and save some space to.

I'm speaking from a NON PILOT perspective (i wish to be one), would like TK or maybe LeeCH to clarify the real issue.

i just wonder did the ATC talk only ONE time??????

i just wonder did the pilots need some sharp ear to hear wat it say expecially those ppl who tok english tat have strange slang on it....?

can call for rephrase mah.

TK, have you experienced any HARD TO UNDERSTAND english before? share some? Chinese? British?

Edited by Walter Sim

as for ATC..it takes some times to master the slang...not like talking to you and others on the phone.

as for the JAL 777 nose...i assume its a camera. I knew the 777-300 camera is someplace else, but this one is a -200 series. Some on Jumbo too, 767s. have not seen on an airbus.

I dont know much about this camera...so if any of us can find something on this interesting Japanese Boeing airplanes, i be glad to know too.. :)

IPB Image

thanks Leech...

IPB Image

wahh...bro TK looks familiar with that job...why its dirty arrr,so many birds around ka?...abt the radio communication,i really learnt smtg as add knowledge... B)

what will a Pilot do during descend....ended up high from profile....????

SPEEDBRAKE :rolleyes:

IPB Image

what we'll see on Flight Control Synoptic display... :o

IPB Image

:) :) :)