MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Walter Sim

Airplane perfume

Hello there,

Just pop up to me this matter. Is the perfume/air freshener MH use available for sell in Public?

Because i notice there is this generic planeish smell when you step into one...

Sorry for the stupid question just CURIOUS!

THanks!

I'm not sure about MH but if the air freshener comes in the form of a sponge stuck on the wall in the lav you can probably ask for one. If it's an aerosol then it's probably going to be harder.

I sneaked air freshener sponges off UA and CX lavs before (yes i know.. it's sick) and trust me, you will never want them in a closed room. The UA one was really pungent and my room smelled like an aircraft lav until i finally put it in a ziplock bag. The CX one on the other hand smelt quite pleasant.

I have a few air fresheners from a PK flight last yr though. If anyone wants them I am most willing to give them away. They smell no different from the bluish things meant to be put in the cistern. Btw, they are brand new and still have their protective coverings on. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that on some they are the same and for some they are not. After all the lavs don't have their own air supply system which is cut off from the rest of the cabin. Moreover most lavs i've been to smell no different from the cabin

walter..the air freshener used by MH really smell horrible...but cabin crew always use the cologne in GCC to wipes the galley / toilet area to make smell better..

crew normally spays the cabin with air freshener 10min before pax board..

walter..the air freshener used by MH really smell horrible...but cabin crew always use the cologne in GCC to wipes the galley / toilet area to make smell better..

crew normally spays the cabin with air freshener 10min before pax board..

The smell is fine by me..it gives me that familiarity feeling while boarding a MAS flight..whatever that means.. :lol:

There was an article somewhere about SQ branding techniques - our sense of smell is made use of apparently, at subconscious level for most of us it seems. Very subtle but at same time, very effective

Was that perfume smell. I tot it was more like the aircraft's oil or something. Anyway it stick to your cloth and one time when I open my bag I can still smell the plane in my house.

everytime i step in MAS aircraft..i always smell a Lemon..is that the perfume that MAS use??Nice smell..i always like it..

I sneaked air freshener sponges off UA and CX lavs before (yes i know.. it's sick)

Never crossed my mind that somene would hehehe.... good one though. Something as a momento apart from inflight mags, boarding passes, safety cards, etc. eheheee... :D

maybe ask some of the crew (tech or pram) to tapau...like what I normally do. and walla...my car smells great!

but it seems like I'm committing sinful act here.....

dear God, please forgive me

The smell is fine by me..it gives me that familiarity feeling while boarding a MAS flight..whatever that means.. :lol:

second that... where can get the air-freshener that used in MAs aircraft?

Was that perfume smell. I tot it was more like the aircraft's oil or something. Anyway it stick to your cloth and one time when I open my bag I can still smell the plane in my house.

"perfume" ah? or the "detergent" used to clean the cabin... ?

.. this smell definitely no "freshener".. very prominent in MH cabins (and my shirt, bags after the flight) ... no such smell in CX/SQ cabins (and my bags after CX/SQ flights)...

Edited by Dennis S.

Ayyya why must discuss aircraft!!y air aircraft???

i don't see why can't we discuss this, after all its also related to aircraft what........ Welcome CaptRazeef, I think you might need an amendment in your name. We have plenty of captains, doctors, datuks(?) and they too did not use the prefix... please contact Gavin Andrew David to change your name.

Welcome Captain!! :hi: :hi:

Edited by Pieter C.