MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Kuching Intl Spotting Pixies...

With AK,3K and TR flying the SIN-KCH...less and less pax flying with MH and MI....I hope Silkair stays forever....

AFAIK MI is still flying into KCH daily, hope it stays that way. I always thought majority of MI passengers are transitting in SIN with onward connection to other destinations.

Most passengers flying via SIN on SQ connecting from overseas pay virtually nothing for the SIN-KCH and v.v. leg... so I don't see why MI will go.

New aircraft for VistaJet

By Jeeva Arulampalam Published: 2008/10/16 BusinessTimes

SWISS-based VistaJet Holdings CA will add another aircraft to its existing two jets in SkyPark Subang Terminal within three weeks, due to demand for smaller aircraft for regional travel.

With an investment of US$13.5 million (RM47.4 million), the new Learjet 60 XR will be able to seat six passengers comfortably, said VistaJet chief commercial officer Eric Weisskopf.

"We had a lot of customers request for a smaller aircraft for regional (movement) to Bangkok, Singapore, Sarawak, the Philippines and east coast of India," he told Business Times yesterday at SkyPark Subang Terminal.

Weisskopf added that new private charter aircraft would be faster and more affordable, and would target the super mid-sized segment.

"After covering the ultimate top-end from the perspective of both the aircraft's size and the luxury experienced on board, we want to provide a similar experience for this segment," he said.

The two existing jets in SkyPark are the 10-seater Challenger 605 and the 15-seater Challenger 850.

Weisskopf said traffic movement for both jets averaged at 140 hours per month since the launch of the Skypark FBO Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Subang Airport's fixed-base operations facility in August.

Roughly 40 per cent of the traffic was business traffic from the top 20 companies locally, 30 per cent was for leisure and holiday travel and the remainder from non-commercial organisations.

Frequent destinations out of SkyPark include Hong Kong, Beijing, Kuching, selected destinations in the Philippines, Indonesia and India.

VistaJet also plans to focus on Sarawak as market demand for inbound and outbound flights was high.

"Mostly, the requests are Asia Pacific centric with majority of the flights averaging between three to six hours," he said.

Although the global aviation industry is undergoing turmoil on the back of higher fuel costs and decreasing passenger movement, Weisskopf said the private charter provider was relative insulated and had not increased charter rates in the last nine months.

Weisskopf said VistaJet's pricing mechanism was transparent and competitive. Rates for its Challenger 605 begins at US$6,000 (RM21,075) per hour while rates for the Challenger 850 starts at US$6,800 (RM23,884).

"The Challenger 850 is about 50 per cent more spacious but only 15 per cent more expensive," he said.

When asked about the pricing rate for the new Learjet 60 XR, Weisskopf said that the Learjet 60 XR could be 20 per cent cheaper compared with the rate for Challenger 605.

"Business aviation is more integrated in the landscape of business development or in the travel style of people. While airlines deal with tourism and business traffic, business aviation is more about efficiency," he said.

"Even in tough times, people use business aviation to efficiently do business," said VistaJet vice president sales for Asia Pacific, Adrien Chazottes.

...taken from skyscrapercity....

...taken from skyscrapercity....

Seen the vistajet challenger once... I wonder who flew in them??

Got this a few days ago. It was a charter flight, with what looks like a cultural troupe from Palangkaraya, Indnesia. Incoming was on the 4th. This was the outgoing flight on the 7th.

PKCJT.jpg

And how I wish I can go get these, before they all rot away...

KCHcaribous.jpg

Edited by Radzi

Got this a few days ago. It was a charter flight, with what looks like a cultural troupe from Palangkaraya, Indnesia

Captain R,

I think this should be the story behind it

Proposal for direct KK air link with Central K'mantan

Sunday, 07 December, 2008

Kota Kinabalu: Central Kalimantan Governor, Bapak Agustin Teras Narang SH, has proposed a direct flight between here and his provincial capital, Palangkaraya.

He broached the subject to State Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister, Datuk Masidi Manjun, at the welcome dinner hosted by the latter to mark the inaugural cultural visit of a delegation from the National Dayak Customs Council (MADN), Kalimantan.

The Governor headed the delegation on their maiden visit to Sabah. Central Kalimantan, in Indonesian Borneo, is that nation's third largest province.

Noting that it is cumbersome to travel from Kalimantan to Sabah, he said the Governor and his entourage had to charter a plane from Palangkaraya to Kuching before coming to Sabah on Friday.

"Otherwise, they would have to travel from Palangkaraya to Jakarta and then from there to Pontianak before catching a flight to Kuching and then fly from there to Kota Kinabalu."

cut and pasted from here

Captain R,

I think this should be the story behind it

Hmmmph for once i thought they are going to link to kch as well.. but Bki instead... oh well.. poor white elephant we have!!!

21 11 08

Kilo Hotel as Malaysian 2504

IMG_4169.jpg

Yesterday..12 12 08

GO CAT 493 to SIN..POB 170

IMG_4386.jpg

MASWINGS 3384 to BTU..POB 50

IMG_4389.jpg

MALAYSIAN 2528 from KUL

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

:drinks:

Any reason for the slight delay Dr?

did i mention anywhere the flight delayed? ha ha haha. well the flight arrived on time, boarding took slightly longer time due to almost 30-40% pax were aunties and uncles, so they took time to climb up the staircase and look for their seats. check out my pictorial TR on TR

Edited by Dr Chuo Hock Tieng

Thanks fren for the pics, I was on board TR493 KCH-SIN... intentionally seated at 29A, my window just above the 9V-TAE 3rd from the last.

No problem Dr..i didnt know that you was on that flight..i just went spotting there for the 1st time since coming back here so when i saw the Tiger taking off, i just took it.. B)

Return Flight

Saturday (20/12/08)

KT 23 (MH8022)

Jeddah - Kuching

Arrival: 1550

Monday (22/12/08)

KT 28 (MH8026)

Jeddah - Kuching

Wednesday (24/12/08)

KT 32 (MH8030)

Jeddah - Kuching

Kuching spotters, don't forget this date . :clapping:

If you miss this, you have to wait another year to see this big bird again

go get them Nizam, get it at the Hill, you wont regret it!!!

go get them Nizam, get it at the Hill, you wont regret it!!!

WIll be there on the 20th, parent arriving on the evening Airbus 330. Will spot with the geng at "The Hills"...hahaha...KCH got the "Hills" and BKI got "The Beach"....which airport got "The Strip"?? hahaha!

On a sadder note, we might no longer be able to hang out "behind" the airport...they are cutting the road, the spot will be for the extention of the army camp and we will have to drive "around" our usual spot to get to 7th Mile Bazaar...so sad...another piece of history gone...

did i mention anywhere the flight delayed? ha ha haha. well the flight arrived on time, boarding took slightly longer time due to almost 30-40% pax were aunties and uncles, so they took time to climb up the staircase and look for their seats. check out my pictorial TR on TR

hehe..me & rayner were at rwy 07 & was wondering why the pushback was late. Now i know :p

On a sadder note, we might no longer be able to hang out "behind" the airport...they are cutting the road, the spot will be for the extention of the army camp and we will have to drive "around" our usual spot to get to 7th Mile Bazaar...so sad...another piece of history gone...

:angry: :finger: DAMMMNN!!! :finger: :angry:

hehe..me & rayner were at rwy 07 & was wondering why the pushback was late. Now i know :p

:angry: :finger: DAMMMNN!!! :finger: :angry:

Double DAMN DaMN!! <_>

Oh my god ... :(