MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Kuching Intl Spotting Pixies...

Heard that there are going to be charters flights into Kuching from Shanghai, Guangzhou and Beijing. The dates are somewhat around the 26-31 January 2009. Where can we get more info on these flights? Went to China Southern's website...so slow....got no info...

wanna go for holiday Kenneth? :p

I think we can get the info from local travel agencies :) will try to look for it.

wanna go for holiday Kenneth? :p

I think we can get the info from local travel agencies :) will try to look for it.

Thanks...I wanna go also...but have to save up for next year's trip. Im going to Moscow...my bro graduating...mum and dad said I gotta pay for my own air tic :p so gonna sit at home for the next couple of months....hahahah!

Thanks...I wanna go also...but have to save up for next year's trip. Im going to Moscow...my bro graduating...mum and dad said I gotta pay for my own air tic :p so gonna sit at home for the next couple of months....hahahah!

The land of Czar!

Back to the topic I doubt can actually find info on the charter flights from the airline website itself. Maybe can check via travel agents.

go for both lah :pardon:

medical i guess? :) Congrats

Hey hey...nice catch!...on Friday at 12 noon...a 777 took off from KCH...any idea what is it doing here? took a picture with my handphn camera...might look blurred...will upload soon...

Sorry about the quality, took it with my phn...

How lucky for those on board....

Image006.jpg

Trippie just had to give way to AK to clear the runway...

Image005.jpg

Sorry...im no pro...but enjoy....

Like the logo...caught this in Miri...Thanks Dr Chuo for the info abt this Heli Company...

Image012.jpg

Wah, you are so lucky to captured it

I never have a chance to shot Triple7 at runaway 07 ..

Hmm,Awan Inspirasi..I think that's the new company which replaced MHS Aviation for offshore flight operations at MYY.

Some info on the Beijing charter flight...operated by China Southern Airlines (why am I not surprise) and this time on an Airbus 300 (boohoo....). This this info from catscity forum...someone edited it from and Indonesian paper.

1391_49227b6c02975.jpg

Dates as mentioned but no time....

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

New player may win Shell heli deal

MALAYSIA: New helicopter service provider Awan Inspirasi Sdn Bhd is close to securing a deal worth MYR100 million (US$30.6 million) a year from Sarawak Shell, according to Malaysia's Business Times. The company is in the midst of finalising talks with the oil company and is expected to commence its service within the fourth quarter of this year, the paper said quoting sources. Awan is likely to work with Canadian Heli Corp. to provide the services. The offshore air transportation sector is now controlled by Malaysian Helicopter Services Sdn Bhd.

New Airline flying into KCH??

Taken from catscity forum...edited by bytze...here is an article from Pontianak Post about KAL STAR Aviation, an airline in Kalimantan. They might request to fly into KCH in the near future. Nice livery on the ATR42 :clapping: . I think this airline would do well with the ATR42. Might fill in the gaps left by Batavia on a weekly basis. All the best to KALSTAR!! Enjoy! :drinks:

1391_492583d62797c.gif

Thanks for the article,Kenneth.Should that news become reality,Kal Star Aviation will become the 2nd Indon carrier to fly to KCH,and also the possibility to see the ATR 42-300 a/c flying to KCH too.MASWings should reconsidering about flying back to PNK (and BWN perhaps).

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Well done Wilber...good catch... :good: I was at the airport yesterday, and did the rain, literary "rained on its parade"...I sat infront of my computer last night hoping to write an article on Tiger Airways...entitled "It growled its way into rainy and wet Cat City"...to bad...that was as far as I got...hahaha! Anyway...here are some of my "indoor" shots of the inagural flight....forgive the quality...i used the my phone's camera...

New "comer" on the FID

Image013.jpg

There were 2 check-in conters with 1 for customer service. In row "C" next to Batavia's.

Image017.jpg

2 kinds of Uniform...1 Yellow...Ground Crew and 1 Green...Customer Service?

Image018.jpg

To "officiate" their check-in counter.

Image019.jpg

Raining...could not get a decent shot. Bye-bye Tiger!

Image023.jpg

Saw Nick there yesterday, but the rain was really bad...here are some shot on 02.

AK

Image021.jpg

and MASwings...

Image024.jpg

Final thoughts...

While I was sitting in the rain looking at Tiger Airways parked at Gate 7...I was overcame by a funny sensation...dejavu? Something from a distant memory was stirred....a sight, a sound, a smell seemed to take me back to a place I one was...strage feeling indeed...maybe a vision from mt "previous live"...but I cant shake off the feeling that the black and yellow tail of Tiger Airways seemed to look like something, who was here a long time ago....

1389385.jpg

and

0859288.jpg

Pic taken from airliners.net...many thanks...

It is me? Or the "Tiger" logo and the "yellow and black" tail has some resemblence to the then Malaysia-Singapore Airlines? Maybe just me lar...hehehe...perasan...hahaha :rofl:

landing and take off video..

sorry for the quality...

Love the sound of the engine....is it different from AK's 320?? The engine I mean...I find it sounds more like BI's and MI's engine...AK's is kinda different....

U guys seems happy to see international airlines lading at Kuching. hehe..

What other airlines lands at Kuching?

RBA

Silk air

Speaking of tiger air. I thought they are flying to BWN but it didn't happen?

Love the sound of the engine....is it different from AK's 320?? The engine I mean...I find it sounds more like BI's and MI's engine...AK's is kinda different....

Wow, you've got excellent ears Kenneth !!! :pardon:

BI and MI (aswell as TR and 3K) all use IAE V2500 engines, while AK uses GE engines; different 'roar' on take-off :good:

U guys seems happy to see international airlines lading at Kuching. hehe..

What other airlines lands at Kuching?

RBA

Silk air

Speaking of tiger air. I thought they are flying to BWN but it didn't happen?

BATAVIA dont forget! and Jetstar next year...hehehe...very happy to see them indeed...AK also plan to fly to BWN from KCH...never happened...

Wow, you've got excellent ears Kenneth !!! :pardon:

BI and MI (aswell as TR and 3K) all use IAE V2500 engines, while AK uses GE engines; different 'roar' on take-off :good:

So I am right...gee...thanks Peiter...i didnt know...I live near the airport and you can tell the difference when AK's 320 takes off and when a Silk Air or RBA's 320 takes off...hehehe...thanks for the info....

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Speaking of Batavia Air, based on the information I got from our fellow member Juergen Witte, Batavia has cancelled the Friday flight to KCH since about a month ago. So from 4 weekly down to 3 weekly service every Tue, Thu and Sun.

Speaking of Batavia Air, based on the information I got from our fellow member Juergen Witte, Batavia has cancelled the Friday flight to KCH since about a month ago. So from 4 weekly down to 3 weekly service every Tue, Thu and Sun.

I know...that is so sad...actually Batavia is kinda seasonal thing...during Raya...or holidays...only then got ppl fly...other wise very empty...hai...what im worried most is Silk Air....her days are numbered.... :cray:

I know...that is so sad...actually Batavia is kinda seasonal thing...during Raya...or holidays...only then got ppl fly...other wise very empty...hai...what im worried most is Silk Air....her days are numbered.... :cray:

How come? :blink: