MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
adrianqcs

Inaugural flight - FireFly Lands in Subang

Oh good, I'm gonna book a flight KUL-PEN-Langkawi for lima.

Azuddin

http://videos.thestar.com.my/default.aspx?vid=577

Firefly lands in Subang

Firefly, Malaysia's first community airline marked its first arrival at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang Monday. With this development to fly to Subang, it is able to connect passengers to the central Peninsular Malaysia.

Can someone tell me what is community airline?

Can someone tell me what is community airline?

i guess it's flying using a 100 passenger or less aircraft connecting smaller towns to cities and vice versa.

Saw ntv7 news just now. Firefly plan to fly to singapore?

Now that would really be interesting and must be a winner. With some new aircraft it would really give Air Asia some competition.

How about using the old airport at SG Besi for a turbo prop singapore shuttle :yahoo:

http://videos.thestar.com.my/default.aspx?vid=577

Firefly lands in Subang

Firefly, Malaysia's first community airline marked its first arrival at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang Monday. With this development to fly to Subang, it is able to connect passengers to the central Peninsular Malaysia.

i guess somebody will be making noise on this :rolleyes: imagine, relocationg LCCT to Subang :mellow:

For the Singapore part - wouldn't they choose Seletar or Paya Lebar airport instead of Changi? Changi is not really for props are they?

Teoh is correct, it is SZB-PEN, not KUL-PEN.

Using Sungai Besi? There isn't a proper civil airport there right? Will the F-50s be able to land or will they run into situation like the old Tawau (overran from the runway).

i guess somebody will be making noise on this rolleyes.gif imagine, relocationg LCCT to Subang

In this case, the said person would need to acquire some turboprops in a jiffy.

Edited by S V Choong

Maybe the said person could BUILD another LCCT at subang. We all know SZB as an airport fits the LCC model better than KUL. Nearer to town, less air traffic - lower turnaround time - etc etc the whole shebang.

The firm orders are for 50 A320s right? and right now theyre at around half of it....and the LCCT at KUL is starting to crowd up.....not to mention the future pax from tiger airways....

I fancy a 2nd LCCT at SZB.

Maybe the said person could BUILD another LCCT at subang. We all know SZB as an airport fits the LCC model better than KUL. Nearer to town, less air traffic - lower turnaround time - etc etc the whole shebang.

Azman, Subang is the shebang of airports alright, wouldn't that screws up Sepang (ie. stagnant growth rate), should KL becomes the hub of LCC.

Construction of his own airport? Unlikely, as he'd rather have the tax payers to pay first ;)

Edited by S V Choong

Azman, Subang is the shebang of airports alright, wouldn't that screws up Sepang (ie. stagnant growth rate), should KL becomes the hub of LCC.

Construction of his own airport? Unlikely, as he'd rather have the tax payers to pay first ;)

Well, I did say second LCCT, meaning I don't wish AK to exit KUL either. For the sake of KUL, and also for the sake of transitting pax to international flights. Therefore, the selection of flights in and out of SZB LCCT will be critical, to make sure KUL stays afloat.

For instance, some low yield destinations can be shifted to SZB, in order to boost its load factors, since people generally hate to travel 1 hr to KUL, for a KUL-JHB stint whereby you can drive 3 hours straight to JHB. But do NOT move KUL-KCH to SZB....things like that.... am i making sense here?

Oh yeah. of course the tax-payers pay for it ;) but the taxpayers are also presented the option to travel cheaper to more destinations with the opening of an LCCT in subang...

We pay taxes anyway with or without any airports involved. But the taxi/ERL ride to/fro KUL , thats daylight robbery!

AK is expanding rapidly out of KUL - MH is cutting back services. Other airlines have not budged yet.

If AK leaves KLIA, it will take 6 million pax/year.

Air Asia has declared WAR on FireFly!!!

25,000 FREE seats KUL-PEN up for grabs. Book from 1-4 November, travel between 3 Jan-30 March 2008.

FY, what say you? :)

Air Asia has declared WAR on FireFly!!!

25,000 FREE seats KUL-PEN up for grabs. Book from 1-4 November, travel between 3 Jan-30 March 2008.

FY, what say you? :)

I can see lots of Rm0.00 even on Chinese New Year Whopps wrong info, I insert a wrong date :clapping:

Edited by Loh Wilson

LOL I love how AK jabs MH in every single way they can.I am looking at the website and I see a banner, "Why fly on old planes when you can fly the brand new Airbus" :D Love the flies reference !!! HAHAHAHowever, I'd prefer SZB tho, much closer...Just checked prices for both airlines on the same dates: -AirAsia: RM100 all inFirefly: RM200 all in.No brainer right?

Edited by Edwin P K

LOL I love how AK jabs MH in every single way they can.I am looking at the website and I see a banner, "Why fly on old planes when you can fly the brand new Airbus" :D Love the flies reference !!! HAHAHAHowever, I'd prefer SZB tho, much closer...Just checked prices for both airlines on the same dates: -AirAsia: RM100 all inFirefly: RM200 all in.No brainer right?

Flight Details

Going Out »

Subang(SZB) to Penang(PEN)

01 Jan 2008 on FY3402

Departs 08:20 Arrives 09:20

Price Summary

SZB Fare (SZB to PEN)

1 Guest @ MYR9.99 9.99MYR

Taxes / Fees [details] 46.00MYR

Total Package Price55.99MYR

Depends lar.. The price would escalate according to the availability of cheaper seats. Your date chosen must be quite recent.

I chose a later date, most likely still empty. And the fact that, there's only 50 seats on fokker so the price goes up quickly...as compared

to AA's 180 Seater.

Oh yeah! Very funny indeed....the fireflies somewhat falls to the ground in the end, like they were sparayed with insecticide.

I like their use of the word 'old'. Indeed one orange-coloured plane I flew on stank, and scratches were everywhere on the windows. No more crappy planes fit for the scrapyard for me.

Total Package Price55.99MYR

Depends lar.. The price would escalate according to the availability of cheaper seats. Your date chosen must be quite recent.

I chose a later date, most likely still empty. And the fact that, there's only 50 seats on fokker so the price goes up quickly...as comparedto AA's 180 Seater.

Yes I agree with u,

AK spend more cheaper seats than FY, let's example

AK320 (180 seats) = maybe they spend 50 cheaper seats

FY50 (50seats) =maybe they spend 15 cheaper seats....depend laaa

Nod bad a good coverage on the 1st flight. SZB..haha gives me a falsh back on those days..when i used to travel to SZB for transit flight. Time flies...anyway, all the best to Firefly :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this