MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

In the future, if you happen to have a friend in KL, you can ask him/her to do it on your behalf. You just need to issue some letter of authorisation and provide scan copies of all the documents/boarding passes/etickets/hotel invoices etc. I did that too a few times during the time I was based in Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. It helps to befriend someone who is equally obsessed with Enrich (which are plenty in this forum LOL).

that would be a better option.. :good: :good:

Being in Auastralia, I don't have a choice. I can only email. Claiming for missing miles on MAS flights take 1-2 weeks to process. I've never done partner airlines but will do so at the end of this year. I'm positive my Enrich miles won't come through when I take my Air France flights in November. We'll see how long those take when I have to claim them retrospectively... <_>

Surprised that FY flights are so much more expensive in MH's website. I do not expect such a huge price different of almost 4x.

I don't think that's always the case. I was looking at flights between KUL and BKI in May next year and the code-share flights on FY are cheaper than the MH flights. :pardon:

Being in Auastralia, I don't have a choice. I can only email. Claiming for missing miles on MAS flights take 1-2 weeks to process. I've never done partner airlines but will do so at the end of this year. I'm positive my Enrich miles won't come through when I take my Air France flights in November. We'll see how long those take when I have to claim them retrospectively... <_>

I did try to claim my couple of flights with Virgin Blue.. None of them get credited.. I've given up and Virgin also ditched MH for SQ. But it doesn't matter cause I never get any points anyway..

i've send missing miles claim form together with my boarding pass for partner airline miles claim.. it has been almost 3 week but still no update.. any idea how long it usually takes??

usually, as long as they like. For Enrich, efficiency and good customer service are merely myths.

I did try to claim my couple of flights with Virgin Blue.. None of them get credited.. I've given up and Virgin also ditched MH for SQ. But it doesn't matter cause I never get any points anyway..

It depends what fare class on Virgin Blue (Virgin Australia) you booked. Sale fares don't accrue points, eg. Go Fares!. Only the non-sale fares could earn points.

usually, as long as they like. For Enrich, efficiency and good customer service are merely myths.

You just haveto be pro-active with chasing up points that are missing. I always do the Enrich website missing miles thing first and, if it doesn't work or says there's an error, I use the "contact us" link and provide them with the relevent information (including scans of the boarding pass). If I don't hear back from them after 1 or 2 weeks, I send a follow-up email separately with the same information with scans of the boarding passes. It always works and you'll get your points (with MH anyway) within 1-2 weeks. I've never tried to claim for missing miles from partner airlines but I'm sure I'm going to have to at the end of the year when I fly Air france. I made sure my booking class for those flights are eligible for points on Enrich. ;)

World of Riches newsletter for the quarter of 1 August - 31 October 2011 has been uploaded. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/enrich/WOR-Aug-Oct2011.pdf

30% redemption to ASEAN region (the lowest return trip in Y being 10,500 miles to MES, HKT and SIN), Australia (for 31,500 miles return trip in Y to SYD, MEL, BNE, ADL, PER) and South Africa & New Zealand (JNB, CPT and AKL for 42,000 miles return trip in Y).

World of Riches newsletter for the quarter of 1 August - 31 October 2011 has been uploaded. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/enrich/WOR-Aug-Oct2011.pdf

30% redemption to ASEAN region (the lowest return trip in Y being 10,500 miles to MES, HKT and SIN), Australia (for 31,500 miles return trip in Y to SYD, MEL, BNE, ADL, PER) and South Africa & New Zealand (JNB, CPT and AKL for 42,000 miles return trip in Y).

Wow! The new WoR is out a whole 10 days early! :good:

Can't believe redemption between SYD and KUL is so cheap...only about 31000 points for a return trip and even cheaper if booked online! :good:

Edited by Josh T

No Josh, the 15% online redemption discount is not applicable to all the destinations being given the 30% quarterly discount. For Australian destinations, 31,500 miles is as lowest as you can get.

No Josh, the 15% online redemption discount is not applicable to all the destinations being given the 30% quarterly discount. For Australian destinations, 31,500 miles is as lowest as you can get.

Oh, that's right. I was getting ahead of myself there. ;) Still, 31500 miles to redeem a return ticket between KL and Sydney is great value! :good:

Great redemption for next few months. Of sudden, I felt MH Enrich Dept is the only department 'alive' and responsive to the current business environment....

If you have noticed, the Velocity FFP of Virgin Group of Airlines is still effective. Wonder when id the cut off time for it? :blink:

Yup, very cheap for up to 30% redemption. Only pay your own for Taxes & Fees. Great offered from Enrich this time.

Great redemption for next few months. Of sudden, I felt MH Enrich Dept is the only department 'alive' and responsive to the current business environment....

If you have noticed, the Velocity FFP of Virgin Group of Airlines is still effective. Wonder when id the cut off time for it? :blink:

Virgin Australia will continue to be part of Enrich until about midway through next year, I reckon. We should seeVirgin leave and Qantas join around the same time.

I can't wait to earn Enrich miles when I fly QF in Australia and BA when I'm in Europe (late) next year.

I don't know if it was posted here before, but I noticed that MH enhanced (for the better this time) Enrich recently.

Among the major changes:

- Economy class travel on MH now counts towards Platinum qualification/re-qualification (previously, only F/C were counted towards Plat qualification - maybe to align itself more towards OneWorld)

- Elite bonus miles now based on miles instead of class of service bonus (norm for most airlines) - Sliver/Gold earns 25% bonus while Play earns 30% bonus (rather indifferent)

- F/C/Y earns 3/2/1 elite sectors respectively

And while browsing MH's partners, I noticed that Enrich has 0 FFP reciprocity with OneWorld airlines - kinda weird for a OneWorld elect member!

I don't know if it was posted here before, but I noticed that MH enhanced (for the better this time) Enrich recently.

Among the major changes:

- Economy class travel on MH now counts towards Platinum qualification/re-qualification (previously, only F/C were counted towards Plat qualification - maybe to align itself more towards OneWorld)

- Elite bonus miles now based on miles instead of class of service bonus (norm for most airlines) - Sliver/Gold earns 25% bonus while Play earns 30% bonus (rather indifferent)

And while browsing MH's partners, I noticed that Enrich has 0 FFP reciprocity with OneWorld airlines - kinda weird for a OneWorld elect member!

The changes in Enrich are definitely heading in the direction of aligning with OneWorld: Elite tier bonuses in all classes and earning elite miles towards status. However, elite sectors earned should be based on distance flown. It's quite absurd that a business class flight from KUL to LHR earns the same number of elite sectors as a business class flight from KUL to PEN! I suppose this is to reward frequent domestic travellers since one will easily reach silver based on the miles earned on a business class flight from KUL to LHR (return).

One thought I have been toying with. Once MH joins Oneworld, is it still worth while to hold an Enrich card vs another Oneworld airline's? I'm actually thinking to open an American Airlines AAdvantage account then thanks to possibility of lifetime status and never expiring points.

Among the major changes:

Honestly think Oneworld is almost like a desperate measure. It was very apparent that MH was priming to join Skyteam based on all the partner airlines, codeshares and relationships.

Edited by J Chong

MH joining OneWorld suits me much better than them joining SkyTeam. :yahoo:

However, elite sectors earned should be based on distance flown. It's quite absurd that a business class flight from KUL to LHR earns the same number of elite sectors as a business class flight from KUL to PEN!

There are 2 elite qualifying criteria - either 120 elite qualifying sectors (e.g. for people who do KUL-PEN on a weekly basis) OR 100,000 elite qualifying miles (for long distance travelers). Personally, EQM qualification is easier for me than EQS.

One thought I have been toying with. Once MH joins Oneworld, is it still worth while to hold an Enrich card vs another Oneworld airline's?

AA's lifetime Gold/Plat is one of the easiest to achieve in the industry. ALL miles including credit card spending and bonuses count towards lifetime status although that might change soon. 1 million miles will give you lifetime Gold and only 2 million miles will give you lifetime Plat (lounge access for life!).

However, having said that, if you can achieve Enrich Plat and provided MH does not reduce the benefits of Plat, MH Plat looks really good. Benefits include:

- Meet and greet service

- Chef on Call service (would love to see you eat Lobster Thermidor while flying Y!)

- Spouse benefit

I haven't flown MH F before, but do they offer a personal assistant like TG/LH/LX does? While the F check-in area at KUL is nice, there isn't any private security/passport control for F Class passengers.

Edited by Craig

There are 2 elite qualifying criteria - either 120 elite qualifying sectors (e.g. for people who do KUL-PEN on a weekly basis) OR 100,000 elite qualifying miles (for long distance travelers). Personally, EQM qualification is easier for me than EQS.

EQM qualification is easier for me too. 2 return business class trips to Europe (from Sydney) gets me to gold - and I'll be doing that from this year onwards. Chuck in another 1-2 trips to Asia and I am pretty close to platinum. When MH officially joins OnwWorld, attaining platinum will be a shoo-in, as I'll be able to count all my domestic flights with QF and any other OneWorld carrier trips. :yahoo:

However, having said that, if you can achieve Enrich Plat and provided MH does not reduce the benefits of Plat, MH Plat looks really good. Benefits include:

- Meet and greet service

- Chef on Call service (would love to see you eat Lobster Thermidor while flying Y!)

- Spouse benefit

I haven't flown MH F before, but do they offer a personal assistant like TG/LH/LX does? While the F check-in area at KUL is nice, there isn't any private security/passport control for F Class passengers.

MH F doesn't offer a personal assistant, well not on my flight between KUL and SYD anyway.

LOL! I love the idea of being served Lobster Thermidor when flying in Y. Can you imagine the look on the faces of your neighbouring passengers?? Priceless. :rofl:

i wish my company would foot the bill for a business class ticket :(

AA's lifetime Gold/Plat is one of the easiest to achieve in the industry. ALL miles including credit card spending and bonuses count towards lifetime status although that might change soon. 1 million miles will give you lifetime Gold and only 2 million miles will give you lifetime Plat (lounge access for life!).

Exactly! And the fact that miles don't expire as long as you have activity every 18 months.... :thumbsup:

is there any partner airlines where we can earn Enrich Elite Qualifying Miles?

At the moment, you can only earn EQMs on Virgin Australia (Virgin Blue) and V Australia.

Here is the wordings from MH latest newsletters:

For three years, you've enjoyed our most attractive fares under Get-the-Deal. Now, we're taking it a step further.

Starting 1 Oct 2011, Get-the-Deal will be exclusively available for Enrich members. It's your passport to a world of privileges and benefits, on top of the best airfare deals!

You can therefore earn Enrich Miles on applicable fares, redeemable for free flights and seat upgrades, Golden Lounge access vouchers and Enrich MYR 50 voucher that can be used for Temptations Inflight Shopping and payment for additional excess baggage allowance.

What this means to you

From 1 Oct 2011, your Get-the-Deal login will no longer work. You will need to Sign up with Enrich and use your new Enrich login to see our best fares. If you are already an Enrich member, just update your profile.

Exclusive bonus for Get-the-Deal members!

As a special welcome, get 2,000 welcome/bonus Miles when you sign up as an Enrich member or update your Enrich profile by 30 Sep 2011. As this is an exclusive offer, click on the links below to ensure you get your Miles.

If you've already registered, thank you. We look forward to serving you on your next journey.

I want to be an Enrich member!

Sign me up

I’m already an Enrich member

Update your profile and get 2,000 bonus Miles

Update my profile

Wanders what's they are cooking up, let's wait and see...