MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
affendi osman

AK A330

since akX (whats their 3-letter code ah?) not yet in operation, ak could offer promotion prices on more seats

then send XAA to do KUL-KCH,BKI,PEN,LGK..

since akX (whats their 3-letter code ah?) not yet in operation, ak could offer promotion prices on more seats

BKI... waiting for it. kekeke...

A recent browse at AK's website showed that it features a flash animation about AirAsia X's service to Australia, which will becoming a reality in the next 30 days.

Will AirAsia X meet the dateline this time around (after failing to do so despite had widely announcing its inaugural service to Australia will be a day a head of JQ)?

Can the almost 400 seats on 9M-XAA being sold within a period of less than a month? AirAsia X still did not have its online booking system operating yet.

Last question, will AirAsia X comes up with a frequent flyer program, like Virgin's Velocity?

Personally, I am very enthusiast about AirAsia X and even had planning to take on their inaugural flight where ever it will be, but one issue keeps bothering me - airline loyalty. Being an active Enricher, it is such a waste (miles wise) to travel to OOL, some 8,000 miles away (with return trip) just to get the maybe 'slightly' cheaper fares, unless AirAsia X launches its own FFP. That way, I can switch between MH and AirAsia X without having to lose any miles.

How about the rest of MalaysianWingers?

Azizul

Can the almost 400 seats on 9M-XAA being sold within a period of less than a month? AirAsia X still did not have its online booking system operating yet.

Hey Azizul, i don't think the just-received 333 has 400 seats.

9M-XAA have around 340 seats only IIRC. It is only their self-owned A333 will have the close to 400 seats high density config, first to arrive september 2008 :)

not really sure ...if i not mistaken it is XFA...

i guess they will not operate for domestic sector...since XFA is operated by FAX .....eventhough still airasia..but i guess their policy is different or to to say they r both literally different company....if i am wrong..please forgive me :sorry: ..

ATW Online reported that:

AirAsia X will officially announce its first long-haul, low-cost route and open bookings this Friday, CEO Azran Osman-Rani said at the Routes Leaders Forum in Stockholm.

The carrier is slated to meet with Australian regulatory authorities today and "then we hope to confirm the destination," Osman-Rani said. Though he did not specifically confirm the route, previous reports have indicated it will be Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne Avalon. The route, scheduled to be launched in late October, initially will be flown four-times-weekly. Its first Chinese route, to be operated five-times-weekly, should commence in December pending regulatory approval by CAAC.

Now let see whether Mr. CEO speaks the truth or not. I can't believe ATW Online stated that it is going to be AVV instead of OOL. What a misleading!

ATW Online reported that:

AirAsia X will officially announce its first long-haul, low-cost route and open bookings this Friday, CEO Azran Osman-Rani said at the Routes Leaders Forum in Stockholm.

The carrier is slated to meet with Australian regulatory authorities today and "then we hope to confirm the destination," Osman-Rani said. Though he did not specifically confirm the route, previous reports have indicated it will be Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne Avalon. The route, scheduled to be launched in late October, initially will be flown four-times-weekly. Its first Chinese route, to be operated five-times-weekly, should commence in December pending regulatory approval by CAAC.

Now let see whether Mr. CEO speaks the truth or not. I can't believe ATW Online stated that it is going to be AVV instead of OOL. What a misleading!

There's something fishy going on here. Well just my hunch. Why has the first destination not be announced prior to the booking. Why has to wait even for the announcement of the first route. Could it be that they may still think of going to Avalon first? (afterall they prefer Avalon than Gold Coast)

Or maybe just me wishing they will fly there first. :sorry:

I don't think AVV is prepared to receive international flights. The last time I checked, even the immigration and custom areas have yet to be built. Maybe our member in Melbourne can confirm about this matter. Kevin T, any input?

Another point to note is that AK has advertised their service to Australia is going to commence in the next 30 days. The advertisement clearly mentioned 'SURFING', which is synonymous with OOL. If it is AVV that will prevail in the end, then that is another misleading advertisement by AK, I must say.

Correct me if im wrong, so AKX is gonna run with ONE aircraft until sept 2008???

I imagine im wrong with the above statement, so how many leased a330s are they getting before that date?

Just a thought, I dun think this low cost long haul will actually work. Just some fishy thought.........regardless very good news for travelers, cheap price! Glad they put Laker as their spirit motto, but I hope they dun go down like his airline..........

they are in talks to lease two A340-300 to carry out it's UK routes. it's still in talks, but i really do hope it comes. that would make the SHJ stop not necessary as the A343 would be able to go all the way.

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

I don't think AVV is prepared to receive international flights. The last time I checked, even the immigration and custom areas have yet to be built. Maybe our member in Melbourne can confirm about this matter. Kevin T, any input?

Another point to note is that AK has advertised their service to Australia is going to commence in the next 30 days. The advertisement clearly mentioned 'SURFING', which is synonymous with OOL. If it is AVV that will prevail in the end, then that is another misleading advertisement by AK, I must say.

Well, I am not sure about the AVV preparation on International immigration, but they can do something if Lindsay Fox really wants AK to use their terminal ASAP. It will be good for their publicity as well. And, that explains why Azran has to hold a lengthy talk to the Aussie Immigration.

As of the advertisement, AVV is not so near Melbourne, but nearer to Geelong, the SURFING capital of Victoria. it is not as famous as Gold Coast, so in a way its not so misleading. Well, just my speculation, but I am betting I'm wrong :lol:

As of the advertisement, AVV is not so near Melbourne, but nearer to Geelong, the SURFING capital of Victoria. it is not as famous as Gold Coast, so in a way its not so misleading. Well, just my speculation, but I am betting I'm wrong :lol:

Maybe you meant Torquay and Anglesea which are where the beaches actually are. ;) They're a little bit further on from Geelong.

By a process of elimination, since there's no Kevin from Melbourne and people usually mistakenly think my name is Kevin - I think you might be referring to me? ;)

Just read your post so apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately I know very little in this area as I've not been to AVV, nor have I any desire to travel out of that airport. I prefer my Qantas Club access thanks. ;)

Edited by Keith T

http://www.theage.com.au/news/news/rival-f...0486525880.html

Rival for Jetstar on Gold Coast-KL route

Scott Rochfort

September 28, 2007 - 10:17AM

THE long-haul arm of the Malaysian low-cost airline AirAsia is set to announce it plans to fly to the Gold Coast, posing the first serious challenge to the Qantas offshoot Jetstar's international arm.

After several delays in unveiling its plans for the Australian market, AirAsia's chief executive, Azran Osman-Rani, is due to fly into the Gold Coast today to detail fares and the launch date.

The airline, which took delivery of its first Airbus 330 this month, hopes to receive its Malaysian air operator's certificate to put the jet into commercial service this weekend.

The airline, which includes Richard Branson as a co-investor, has already hinted its fares from Kuala Lumpur to Australia could hover around $300 return, posing a serious challenge to Jetstar. It ultimately hopes to fly between Australia and Britain via its base in Kuala Lumpur.

Now confirmed. AK- KUL-Gold Coast starts on November 2. My bad, not AVV. :p

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BT/F...143733/Article/

AirAsia X to fly to GOld Coast on Nov 2

September 28 2007

SYDNEY: AirAsia X, a Malaysian budget long-haul carrier, said today it will launch its inaugural flight from Kuala Lumpur to Australia’s Gold Coast in Queensland state on Nov. 2.

The carrier initially planned four return flights to Australia a week, and would add China as a second destination in mid-December, said AirAsia X chief executive Azran Osman-Rani.

“As we get more planes, hopefully in the second half of next year, we will start our second Australian destination,” Osman-Rani said, adding that it would most likely be in the southern state of Victoria.

Osman-Rani said the carrier would later consider flights from Malaysia to Britain, either direct or via the Middle East.

Reuters has confirmed the news. I wonder when will booking can be made. AirAsia X's website still barely have nothing. I wonder how much is the cheapest ticket for the inaugural flight costs.

12 AM tonite malaysia time. 100 dolars one way inclusive tax.. yoo hoo..

http://www.just4airlines.com/j4_dox/email/...?story_id=31860

September 28, 2007

GOLD COAST, 28 September 2007 � The much awaited Malaysia�s truly first long-haul low lost carrier, AirAsia X today unveils Gold Coast as its first long haul international destination, marking a major tourism and economic coup for thriving Asia. The airline will commence four (4) direct return flights per week between Gold Coast Airport and Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), Kuala Lumpur beginning 2 November 2007.

AirAsia X is the extension of AirAsia�s successful short haul low cost model in South East Asia. It aims to build on AirAsia�s tradition of revolutionizing the short haul, low cost carrier model by introducing a number of features unique to the long-haul service. The airline will bring independence to the long-haul low cost traveler by providing an innovative product offering, ensuring passengers will enjoy a level of comfort and convenience suited for long-haul travel.

As the champion of low fares and true to AirAsia style, the airline will offer unbelievably low fares starting from AUD99 nett (inclusive of airport tax, fuel surcharge & administrative fees) for one way travel departing from Gold Coast! To sweeten the deal, AirAsia X will be offering even lower fares of RM50* onwards departing from LCCT in conjunction with Malaysia�s 50th anniversary of nationhood. Guests can book online at www.airasia.com and the promotional fares will be made available for 48 hours from midnight 29 to 30 September (Malaysian time) for travel period from 2 to 14 November 2007.

* Air fare only excluding airport tax, fuel surcharge and administrative fee.

** GMT +08:00 for Malaysia, GMT +10:00 for Australia

The inaugural flight will carry a total of 315 guests, consisting of 279 economy seats and 36 premium XL seats, serviced by the airline�s Airbus A330-300 aircraft which arrived earlier this month in LCCT.

Azran Osman-Rani, Chief Executive Officer of AirAsia X, said, �Gold Coast is an ideal and exciting choice as X�s first destination as it is a popular destination amongst Asians with first class offerings of theme parks, spectacular beaches, abundance of shopping opportunities that will cater to families and young adults. Gold Coast will definitely be a hit with Malaysian travelers. We are keen to position Gold Coast as the gateway to Australia as the airport also offers strong domestic connections for low cost travel to Sydney and Melbourne.�

�AirAsia has successfully pioneered the low cost concept in South East Asia five years ago and today has carried over 40 million guests. It is evident low fares have opened up a huge market and enabled many millions with dreams to fly. We are now extending this successful model and concept to long haul with the birth of AirAsia X and we believe Gold Coast is the start of X�s exciting journey to building a strong long haul network. We believe this endeavour will be another outstanding achievement for Malaysia in establishing its homegrown low coast carrier internationally,� added Azran.

Kathleen Tan, Head of Commercial of AirAsia Group, said, �We are extremely excited with X�s first foray to Gold Coast. With globalization, high economic growth and modern technology, AirAsia�s low cost concept has empowered many millions to fly. With our strong branding, vast route network and over 80 routes within Asia, AirAsia is now synonymous with low cost air travel. Australians are avid independent travelers and through X�s entry to Gold Coast, many Australians can now see more of Malaysia and Asia for less using Kuala Lumpur as the South East Asia gateway. We are committed to offering the lowest fares and many will find AirAsia is a highly attractive option through our six hubs within Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.�

Kathleen added, �The launch of X is timely to commensurate with Visit Malaysia Year 2007. Australia ranked No. 6 on our website�s Top Ten countries for 2006 which is a strong indication that Malaysia is a highly popular tourist destination. Both AirAsia and AirAsia X certainly complement each other�s network, ensuring guests enjoy a seamless experience by flying with us.�

Celebrating the announcement today, the Honourable Desley Boyle MP, Queensland Tourism Minister, said "I welcome Air Asia X to the Gold Coast and Australia - may it be a long and happy partnership. Congratulations to the Gold Coast. This is going to be a huge boost to aviation movements at the Gold Coast Airport and will mean a significant increase in international tourism."

Paul Donovan, Chief Operating Officer of Gold Coast Airport, hailed the move as a major win for international tourism to the Gold Coast and Northern New South Wales regions. �This is just the tip of the iceberg. Kuala Lumpur is a major hub for AirAsia X with connections from South East Asia, China and India, and the emerging network will open the gates to all of the ASEAN countries and potentially Europe. From an outbound perspective, residents within our catchment area, from Brisbane to Coffs Harbour, will be able to access low cost services directly to Malaysia and beyond.�

Donavan said AirAsia X would be accommodated in the current terminal building and would move into the airport�s expanded terminal once completed.

Yes, looks like it. From RM 50 one way book here for booking between 29-30 September 2007 for travel period between 2-14 November 2007.

There is also a Go Holiday package in Gold Cost, 4D3N return flight + Hotel + Breakfast from RM 528.99 per person book here.

It is nice to see Gold Coast being included in the online booking system!

Any MalaysianWinger going there on the inaugural flight?

LOL .. i had experienced once with jetstar in which we overlooked and thought departure = YMML but instead @ Avalon!!! crazy times...just crazy!!

Sign in to follow this