MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Awesome stuff, Iggy!

Casair just operate metro's on mainly freight flights out to remote strips. That metro is just ugly! The QF 73 is called "Yananyi Dreaming" but everyone calls it the Vomet Comet! Oh and if you look behind that 727, there is green fin of a 733, that is 733F ZK-TLD which was only delivered to Australia last week!

Ahhh, forgot to dedicate this dutch lady for those who love the dutch baby so much.... and also those who've commanded her throughout their flying carrier, including you dante...

800DSC_5594.jpg

And this almost nose shot for you too Dante... since u are a bus driver now hehehe

800DSC_5605.jpg

Cheers

Awesome stuff, Iggy!

Casair just operate metro's on mainly freight flights out to remote strips. That metro is just ugly! The QF 73 is called "Yananyi Dreaming" but everyone calls it the Vomet Comet! Oh and if you look behind that 727, there is green fin of a 733, that is 733F ZK-TLD which was only delivered to Australia last week!

Yes Liam, i did notice the 733F behind her..... but the 72 was in the way... tht morniing, our departure was on R06 instead of the normal R21... because the main runwei is undergoing some maintenance i reckon.... any idea wat they are up to? upgrading runwei for A380???

Dante...current XR fleet stands at:

Fokker 50 7 units

VH-FNA

VH-FNB

VH-FND

VH-FNE

VH-FNF

VH-FNH

VH-FNI

Fokker 100 6 units

VH-FNJ

VH-FNN

VH-FNR

VH-FNS (due for delivery in March)

VH-FNT (yet to enter service)

VH-FNY

+ searching for 2 more

Also 2 A320's due for delivery in November 2008 (at this stage)

Dante, all of QF's A330's are the new "Enhanced" model that incorporates all of the A345/346 tech into the A330. Their first A332 VH-EBA was actually the first "enhanced" A330 delivered.

QF's A330 is up and running now, in time for A332 VH-EBG's delivery tomorrow. Oh ya, I knew XR used it, the latest batch of newbie's is up there now I believe

TK, I agree with the CRJ-200 comments, I don't like it nearly as much. I do like the CRJ-700 though!

How about the CRJ-900, Gibby ? :pardon:

Some real nice and sunny shots in this topic now, especially those Fokker's are fantastic !!! :drinks:

-705/900 are just a wee bit too long!

CRJ-900 is an excellent performer: flew recently MUC-AMS - airtime 1 hour 4 mins and altitude 38000 feet !!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

I have plenty I took last night...but my net is too slow atm. It left for Melbourne at 1330 this arvo as "Flystar 666". I unfortunately don't have any from onboard, was way too crowded up there and I was more interested in a convo with Lead Singer come 757 FO Bruce Dickinson. Oh for those who watch the ITVV DVD's one of the Captains onboard was the Captain on the Gofly 733 DVD.

OMG, it's so IRON MAIDEN!!! Beautiful to the last detail... pls send it to A.Net.... the second one!!! :yahoo:

Wah !!! Amazing aircraft and a zombie at the tail fin, nice! :good:

ED FORCE ONE ?!?!? :huh:

Thanks for sharing the pix of this beautiful aircraft, Liam.

Eddie is the name of their lead guitarist I believe, and hence the "Ed Force One". The little character behind the flightdeck windows is know as "Eddie" as well. From exit 3L/R it has been converted into a cargo hold to allow the carriage of oversize equipment, etc. 9.5tonnes of stuff, all bulk loaded, not a spare inch of space left!

Gong Xi Fa Cai for tomorrow!

Eddie is the name of their lead guitarist I believe, and hence the "Ed Force One". The little character behind the flightdeck windows is know as "Eddie" as well. From exit 3L/R it has been converted into a cargo hold to allow the carriage of oversize equipment, etc. 9.5tonnes of stuff, all bulk loaded, not a spare inch of space left!

Gong Xi Fa Cai for tomorrow!

Very nice shots of Ed Force One there Liam...the zombie on the tail and near the window is the mascot of Iron Maiden,aka "Eddie Maiden"...the lead singer of this band,Bruce Dickinson is a very passionate pilot,he actually left the band for awhile to pursue his aviation dreams and finally now he is the FO for Astraeus,some of you guys might have seen him hosting the aviation documentary on discovery channel tittled "Flying Heavy Metal"..members of the band include Steve Harris(bassist),Dave Murray(Lead Guitars),Janick Gers(guitars) and drummer,Nicko McBain :D ...thats from a huge Iron Maiden fan(Up the Irons!!)...hope to see this aircraft in real life one day...

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

seven son of the seven son.....wohoo Iron Maiden..

Kill me Ce soir...

Freddie.....ooppss...Eddie

seven son of the seven son.....wohoo Iron Maiden..

Kill me Ce soir...

Freddie.....ooppss...Eddie

....and suddenly 'Caught Somewhere In Time'starts rhyming in my head.....

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

Mana Liam! (Where is Liam?) :rolleyes:

Time to resurrect this thread.

Headed out to YPPH for a short morning spotting and recce 2 spotting locations near the international terminal.

First to great me on this lovely morning was Singapore 224 back to SIN.

9V-SRI_YPPH_090308.jpg

Qantas 642 to Sydney.

VH-OGA_YPPH_090308.jpg

Qantas Xpress to Ayers Rock.

VH-NXK_YPPH_090308.jpg

First Jumbo Kangaroo from Melbourne.

VH-EBW_YPPH_090308.jpg

2nd Jumbo 743 from Sydney, Perth City skyline in the background. Like those shiny RR engines. :wub:

VH-EBY_YPPH_090308.jpg

Qantas's 743 only serve high density domestic route so they parked at domestic terminal.

Two-Jumbo-Kangaroo_YPPH_090308.jpg

A333 to SIN city. Code shared with BA and 9W.

VH-QPB_YPPH_090308.jpg

As the Sun moved higher in the sky, temperature inversion just above the tarmac was so apparent. It was heat haze galore!!!! :angry: :angry:

Must come back to spot when it's cooler.

Caught a few Virgins too... :pardon:. Here's one of them.

VH-VOK_YPPH_090308.jpg

Skippy. Dash-8

VH-XFU_YPPH_090308.jpg

Catch of the day. Yananyi Dreaming :yahoo:

VH-VXB_YPPH_090308.jpg

I was waiting for this. Springbok 281.

ZS-SXF_YPPH_090308.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

Mr Kianhong sir, about 0930 this morning, you didn't happen to be walking near the staff carpark at the international terminal by any chance were you? I was driving off in my silver vectra and saw an asian gent walking towards the fence with a camera in his hand and bag over his shoulder...

Nice catch of the the Springbok, A343E today. Oh, this afternoon Vietnam Airlines 772 VN-A146 rocked up from Hanoi on a charter, its here till Tuesday 0630. And tomorrow, Networks first F100 VH-NHP is winging its way in from Pieters-Ville, Holland

Love that touchdown shot of the 743 also! On Friday I was walking into work and at the domestic terminal was not only 2x 743's but a 744 also!! Aiya! That place is caos on a normal day, imagine then!

KianHong, very nice shot there!!! Bring me to that spot ok... how many mm needed to spot from that location??? I don't think 200mm is enough?? :pardon:

Mr Kianhong sir, about 0930 this morning, you didn't happen to be walking near the staff carpark at the international terminal by any chance were you? I was driving off in my silver vectra and saw an asian gent walking towards the fence with a camera in his hand and bag over his shoulder...

Ha! That's me. :db: :pardon:

Nice catch of the the Springbok, A343E today. Oh, this afternoon Vietnam Airlines 772 VN-A146 rocked up from Hanoi on a charter, its here till Tuesday 0630. And tomorrow, Networks first F100 VH-NHP is winging its way in from Pieters-Ville, Holland

Love that touchdown shot of the 743 also! On Friday I was walking into work and at the domestic terminal was not only 2x 743's but a 744 also!! Aiya! That place is caos on a normal day, imagine then!

Thanks Liam. Any good place to photograph this Vietnam bird. It's gonna be back lit if shooting from international terminal in the afternoon. Morning is alright. Is she going to park at the remote stand infront of the staff car park? Saw VH-FNT (former Mandarin bird) too today, but heat haze take its toll on her. :(

Yeah ... domestic looks really cramp with that 2 jumbo around. All the small 717s, 727s, 737s and F50s need to move around these 2 giants. Who sent that 744? I thought QF only send 743 to PER.