MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Nice catch, its actually a KC-135T and was here to support NKC-135E 55-3132 on a mission to do with NASA. Unfortunately I was never able to get some pics!

Iggy, make sure you PM me before you come, we'll head out for an arvo geeking.

Some other interesting visitors we've had are...

74F's N540MC and N537MC bringing in the Red Bull Air Race gear

74F's N537MC and N526MC (this morning) taking out Cirque Du Soleil gear to Pieter's home town, thence by truck to Antwerp.

And coming up on 14th Oct is a Polet An-124, a 4th F100 for XR (VH-FNN) on the 15th and a MAS 74F on 19th!

saw the An-124 parked next to the South African..i arrived perth intl only at midnite.. took some shots...but its very dark....huhu..

COOL! nice shots there :clapping: Btw, what's the fire engine doing there?

A 737 garuda was on a push back...maybe suddenly was not alright..and it docked back to the terminal...the fire engine was there on standby if anything sparks from the garuda...normal procedure i think...the departure was delayed...

last nite... there was an oil spill at gate 5 around 2330..the fire engine was there too to clear away the spill using its roof nozzles...

That oil spill was on bay54 and came about after QF 73H VH-VXJ did an air-return enroute to DPS. At 2330 (just 10mins prior to SQ using the gate) QF towed it off to a remote stand leaving a huge oil spill. You may have seen a group of people standing near the spill just before SQ got in (I was one of them), we were discussing moving SQ215 to bay53, which we did.

Just to add a few Perth Obs deck pictures taken last year before my ride back on SQ

I love 73's with winglet

800DSC_1661.jpg

Virgin Blue 73's with winglet :yahoo:

800DSC_1660.jpg

My ride back to Kch via SinCity

800DSC_1663.jpg

Perth had afew highlights this afternoon,

They included "Our Airline" 733 VH-INU and DJ's 50th 737, 73W VH-VBY

As well as...

Toll's latest acquisition, 733F ZK-TLC

TLC.jpg

Qantaslinks newest 717 VH-NXQ arriving in PER for the first time

NXQ.jpg

And because of the impending pilot strike by National Jet, Sky Air World ERJ-170 VH-SWO has been ferried into PER on standby, by mining giant Rio Tinto, this is for Sneeze (formed B-KXA..i must get VH-ANO ex- KXB for you soon as well)

SWOtake1.jpg

SWOtake2.jpg

Edited by Liam Gibb

And because of the impending pilot strike by National Jet, Sky Air World ERJ-170 VH-SWO has been ferried into PER on standby, by mining giant Rio Tinto, this is for Sneeze (formed B-KXA..i must get VH-ANO ex- KXB for you soon as well)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/liamou/SWOtake1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/liamou/SWOtake2.jpg

Lovely new scheme, but it is also a sad moment to me, as......I was chance to on board, however, no money for a trip during my college age.....and now all UO fleet is B738NG.

Maybe I have to visit you in the isolated city. (Visit my "mother university" in PER, by the way)

Gibby,

Stunning colours on the Embraer :blink: :good:

Love the new QF colours on that 717...better than on the 763 :pardon:

Azahan, as requested...

Garuda's normal equipment from Bali, 737-8CX PK-GEE

PK-GEE.jpg

A couple of Virgins, you can clearly see in the both the prominent "hump" on the roof, that houses the Live2Air TV antennae

VOS.jpg

This Virgin recently had her eyebrows shaved off, DJ are doing this fleet wide

VOM.jpg

"SkyWorld 170" exiting rwy24 after completion of its ferry from BNE via ADL

SWOtake3.jpg

And head on with the ERJ-170

SWOtake4.jpg

A 737 garuda was on a push back...maybe suddenly was not alright..and it docked back to the terminal...the fire engine was there on standby if anything sparks from the garuda...normal procedure i think...the departure was delayed...

last nite... there was an oil spill at gate 5 around 2330..the fire engine was there too to clear away the spill using its roof nozzles...

thanks for the answer.. :drinks:

Thanks guys!

Liam is that an ex-HK express ERJ-170?
SV, former B-KXA. We get the former B-KXB (albeit as VH-ANO) each Saturday in PER, I must endeavour to photograph her soon

Here's a few more of the ERJ-170, sorry they aren't too flash, couldnt do much with high sun and very limited time...

MWSWO5.jpg

Here's the GE CF34-8E that powers this bird along at M.82 at FL400 (long range cruise is M.80, which is faster than 737NG!)

MWSWO2.jpg

The fin of this bird, I quite like this pic, if I do say so myself

MWSWO1.jpg

For Azahan, her nose...

the_wombles.jpg

Woops, I mean...

MWSWO4.jpg

And the whole lovely Brasillian!

MWSWO6.jpg

I'm speechless Liam, ERJ is a beauty and you've just shown the best of it with those stunning livery :drinks:

Awesome pictures, Gibby !!! :drinks: :drinks:

Stunning livery on the Brasilian jet; love the nose a lot too :pardon:

Will see more of them soon overhere in NL (E190 version, though), after delivery to KLC...

Thanks guys! Iggy, it may still be here when you arrive later this month right?

Pieter, the ERJ-190 I believe is the best of the bunch! We have some coming soon also with SkyAirWorld (so is -SWO's sistership) and Virgin Blue beginning to accept the -190's from January and February, respectively!

Thanks guys! Iggy, it may still be here when you arrive later this month right?

Pieter, the ERJ-190 I believe is the best of the bunch! We have some coming soon also with SkyAirWorld (so is -SWO's sistership) and Virgin Blue beginning to accept the -190's from January and February, respectively!

Wow, that would be great if i can get to the ramp like you did... :p

For Pieter,

Its day of firsts for Skywest today, with Fokker 100 VH-FNJ operating the inaugral Perth - Kalgoorlie - Melbourne service, but more importantly Fokker 100 number 4 VH-FNN entered service today on the XR205/206 Perth - Argyle Diamond Mine - Perth route. I managed to capture it on its return to Perth about 1hr ago...

FNN1.jpg

FNN2.jpg

Fokker 100 number 5 (7th for PER) VH-FNT (Formerly B-12297 as photographed by Kian Hong at XSP) is at Perth having the final touches done to its livery and having cargo fire surpression system installed, should be in service this time next month. It is being followed by atleast 1 more F100 for Skywest and Alliance, and 2 for turbo-prop operator Network Aviation! PER is getting like AMS!