MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

Went to check things out after a short visit to the Airservices Australia - Perth Radar dan Approach Control.

Quite a scene to see many different aircraft parked at international terminal. From left, MH B772, SQ B772, QF B743, TG A333, CX A333 and two RAAF DHC-4 Caribous.

PER_international_terminal.jpg

Charlie Charlie Charlie again, she parked at remote apron on international side after landing. :huh:

VH-CCC_YPPH_040508.jpg

Off to Sneeze Land. Finally get to go home after stranded here for a night.

B-HLT_YPPH_040508.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

Thanks for sharing the photos of Caribous & USS Tarawa. :yahoo: :good:

Thanks for sharing the photo of the Dutch Ladies: still going (very) strong DownUnder !!! :pardon:

Kian, awesome shots mate!

Bay 60 and 61 (-CCC went to 61) are the two most popular bays for visiting bizjets. Not only are they away from the immediate terminal area, but on departure they are not subject to the same security requirments (for baggage only) as a/c parked at the terminal are. That is to say, passengers on these flights can have their bags taken from hotel to aircraft directly, no screening required.

Kian, awesome shots mate!

Bay 60 and 61 (-CCC went to 61) are the two most popular bays for visiting bizjets. Not only are they away from the immediate terminal area, but on departure they are not subject to the same security requirments (for baggage only) as a/c parked at the terminal are. That is to say, passengers on these flights can have their bags taken from hotel to aircraft directly, no screening required.

Hey, a good chance for drug smuggler eh? :pardon:

Was probably just a pollie shuttle, taking everyone over for the budget on Tuesday.

Lots of bizjet activity of late, and rare 74F (although 2nd MK Airlines bird this year) due on Tuesday at 1645.

That was a lucky catch, MIR. I was too lazy to go initially because of those cloud, but my mates asked me to show them around PER and how to recognize different type of aircrafts. :pardon:

MK's 74F is coming?! Nice! Thanks Liam - my official virtual ATC in Perth. Hohoho... :D :drinks:

Here's a few more photos from today.

Ex-Speedbird (ZX series), uses RR engines instead of GE engines found on a OG-series 767-300ER.

VH-ZXD_YPPH_110508.jpg

Finally EK sent an aircraft with a different rego. :)

A6-EMH_YPPH_110508.jpg

THAI in old color. Smooth as Silk back to Bangkok.

HS-TEJ_YPPH_110508.jpg

Even this tiny dude would wanna join in with the big guys. TBM 850 - very fast single engine turboprop.

VH-MRJ_YPPH_110508.jpg

One of the aussie based loadmasters for Atlas uses a TBM-850 to fly around the country in, to do up load plans for Atlas 747's (hard life!!). Last time he flew it to Perth, he did Melbourne - Kalgoorlie - Perth is only 5.5hrs!!

Expect 74F G-MKCA on Tuesday, only on ground for 14hrs.

Expect Atlas Air N526MC today. Departs BNE at 0830 to Perth.

How you guys know all of these?? Perth Virutal ATC tower very powerfull, even flights outside Australia also sometimes you guys know of it ... :drinks:

Thanks to my very reliable virtual ATC, I caught this ATLAS Air - N526MC. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

N526MC_YPPH_140508.jpg

Thanks also to the displaced threshold due to runway construction, all aircrafts came in higher than usual and landed right in front of me every time.

One complain though - midday sun! Back lit! :angry:

Thanks for viewing. More photos later.

Thanks to my very reliable virtual ATC, I caught this ATLAS Air - N526MC. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

N526MC_YPPH_140508.jpg

Thanks also to the displaced threshold due to runway construction, all aircrafts came in higher than usual and landed right in front of me every time.

One complain though - midday sun! Back lit! :angry:

Thanks for viewing. More photos later.

B-U-T-Full!!!!! :drinks:

Kian Hong,

What's parked there at the apron (Dutch Ladies :yahoo: ) is even better than that Jumbo :pardon:

Awesome stuff, Kian! But where's the rest of the days takings??

Iggy, work. Most of the rarer stuff in here ends up being contracted to Toll-Dnata where I work. As for the international stuff, well little secrets...

FYI...

74F G-MKHA left 1430 in the end for Shenzhen.

74F N526MC left 2330 for HKG.

74F N540MC arrived 2320 ex- BNE, out 1130 tomorrow to HKG.

The 3rd Atlas flight is now delayed, to arrive 0645 on 18th ex- BNE, at this stage is still showing as N506MC

Here's two more photos of the beautiful Atlas Air.

N526MC_YPPH_140508-2.jpg

N526MC_YPPH_140508-1.jpg

I caught five different 747s yesterday including the Atlas. One 744, two 743s and 742s respectively.

VH-EBW

VH-EBW_YPPH_140508.jpg

VH-EBX

VH-EBX_YPPH_140508.jpg

VH-OJA. Landed on rwy 24. :blink:

VH-OJA_YPPH_140508.jpg

Another rare catch of the day, MK's 747 freighter (ex China Cargo).

G-MKHA_YPPH_140508.jpg

More photos coming soon.

B737 Classic! :yahoo: Nice to see this OZjet fly instead of just parking there on the ramp.

VH-OZX_YPPH_140508.jpg

Springbok 281 departure back to Joe-burg.

ZS-SXE_YPPH_140508.jpg

The blue Virgin. :D

VH-VBY_YPPH_140508.jpg

Australian Custom.

VH-ZZN_YPPH_140508.jpg

Australian Maritime Safety Authority

VH-PPF_YPPH_140508.jpg

Thannks for viewing.

Last few photos.

Qantas B717 in new scheme.

VH-NXO_YPPH_140508.jpg

Another ex Speedbird. VH-ZXC.

VH-ZXC_YPPH_140508.jpg

I noticed that ZX-series had different doors configuration compared to the OG-series.

Big Nose; small peoples. :pardon:

VH-QPA_YPPH_140508.jpg

Whose Challenger is this that parked at the remote bay?

N360SL_YPPH_140508.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Whose Challenger is this that parked at the remote bay?
N360SL is owned by Luft Aviation of Essendon. This is the one I told you was leaving at 5 yesterday arvo.

Lovely pics bro! shame I couldnt get my camera out. Interesting seeing the MK Airlines departure, once pushed back, engineer climbed up the nose gear into the e and e bay, closed the hatch and they were on their way!

Good to see -ZZN here. This a/c is a passenger to surveillance convert. She was based in Perth flying as VH-JSQ until National Jet ordered more Dash 8-300's to fulfil the surveillance australia contract and as she was surplus to requirement they had her converted as well. The remaining -300's are brand new.

The little Blue boy has been here a lot of late! She left Perth when you took her pic for Melbourne and I saw her again later in the evening on her return. She then overnighted and left for Melbourne again this morning.

Thanks Walter. Wish that light could be a bit better. :)

Lovely pics bro! shame I couldnt get my camera out. Interesting seeing the MK Airlines departure, once pushed back, engineer climbed up the nose gear into the e and e bay, closed the hatch and they were on their way!

The little Blue boy has been here a lot of late! She left Perth when you took her pic for Melbourne and I saw her again later in the evening on her return. She then overnighted and left for Melbourne again this morning.

Duh... next time have ur 'calculator' in your pocket all the time.

I didn't realize that the blue Virgin was there until it pushed back for rwy 21. It probably slipped thru me when I had my lunch at the international terminal.