MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

The Worlds Most Isolated City

thanks a lot for the coverage of the Air Asia X! the livery looks fine for me. :) as well as the Africa pencil!

Air Asia X returned back to Perth and made an emergency landing. MAJOR HYDRAULIC PROBLEMS !

However..the new aircraft which made the emergency landing JUST NOW departed back to Kuala Lumpur at 11.30 PM. No cabin lights during push back..no pax. DAMN !! Very Risky !!

IMG_0185.jpg

Then i proceed to the Check-in area...

Passengers were gathered over there .All sad and tired faces... the line was very quiet.

IMG_0188.jpg

There were only 2 counters...

IMG_0189.jpg

Some passengers were given cab vouchers..

IMG_0190.jpg

Looks like there is a MAS replacement flight...

IMG_0192.jpg

Thanks for viewing ! :drinks:

Edited by MIR

good one...

Blue sky, true blue...

Long pencil for long haul (SAA)..

lady in RED sure painted PERth RED for its first departure...

white main wheels rims...NICE.

RollsRoyce, super. She looks good in RED...

Great coverage of first Air Asia X Flight MIR Very well done Today's flight is delayed till 1250 departing at 1405 not sure if same aircraft will doing this flight.

Cheers Mark.

Wow ... thanks MIR for the all round coverage. Faster than any press person. Good Job! :good:

Haha.. i personally send MIR into action kakakaka.. bro.. thanks alot... belanja makan the next time i see you in Perth next year... :drinks:

Great coverage of first Air Asia X Flight MIR Very well done Today's flight is delayed till 1250 departing at 1405 not sure if same aircraft will doing this flight.

Cheers Mark.

It was the same aircraft. Parked at Gate 52.

IMG_0194.jpg

Edited by MIR

Glad to see XXA back in service after the incident yesterday. Nice shot MIR :clapping:

'Air Asia.com' is painted on the forehead without bandage :lol::rofl:

Excellent shots of this event, guys !!! :drinks:

Well done and looking forward to some more in the future (how about a landing shot of my AKX-flight in June ? :pardon: )

XXA looks great; kinda like these plasters all-over her body and winglets !!! :p

Was thinking of getting a shot of AirAsia X departure after the Red Bull Air Race, but she didn't move at all while I was there. Heat haze didn't help at all. :angry:

But as consolation, I managed to catch VB E-jet and 'Sharing the spirit" in pretty good light.

VH-ZPA_YPPH_021108.jpg

VH-VXO_YPPH_021108.jpg

Malaysia 124 departed at about 1758LT, while the other Malaysian still sitting at her gate. :(

9M-MRF_YPPH_021108.jpg

Dutch lady come home. :)

VH-FNT_YPPH_021108.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

what's with the other malaysian??

9M-XXA ... was delayed due to hydraulic failure. Departed finally at approx. 1930LT but returned for an emergency landing 20mins later due to the same problem. Flew back to Malaysia later in the nite without pax.

Thanks MIR for sharing and your effort to show all the pictures..Nice and good.. :clapping:

Any idea which MAS fleet been used..B747/B777 or same 'aging' A330.. :nea:

No good starter/beginning for D7 brand new bus also to mark 1 year of AKX/D7..

Again AK money flew to MASchatter.. :D :D

did they charter a MAS aircraft for the return or were they just put on to the next scheduled MAS flight. If thats the case it'll most probably be the 777-200ER

did they charter a MAS aircraft for the return or were they just put on to the next scheduled MAS flight. If thats the case it'll most probably be the 777-200ER

They could have put some of the stranded D7 pax on MH126 (9M-MKC A330-300) which departed at approx. 02:55LT.

Nice shots, Kianhong. Where is this spot?

Network construction area and further into the bush ... got some mounds there. Quite close to the extended centre line of runway 21.

Network construction area and further into the bush ... got some mounds there. Quite close to the extended centre line of runway 21.

Thanks for the info mate :drinks: