MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

Royal Brunei Airlines B777-200ER

what a beauty

Wonder, will this be a normal, public Royal Brunei or a royal Royal Brunei?

I think this one goes to RBA, since there is the airline website..........

Looking good!

Edited by Seth K

wow... looks really new! even though its second hand :D Thanks for sharing!

looks like they are getting the -ER after all, which means they should be able to do BWN-LHR non-stop?

Captain R,

"normal, public Royal Brunei" + second hand birds = acceptable standard

"royal Royal Brunei" + second hand birds = not worth thinking about !

:)

However, they did have the 747SP once, so I suppose there are allowable exceptions to the rule !

Can somebody save that pic and post on this forum. I can't access that website.It's block for some reason.

Can somebody save that pic and post on this forum. I can't access that website.It's block for some reason.

A.net is down at this moment.

Try again later.

However, they did have the 747SP once, so I suppose there are allowable exceptions to the rule !

FWIK, the 747-430 (ex-Lufthansa) which is owned by the Royal Brunei Royal fleet is for the "family" (the Sultan himself not included) trip for Aussie shopping spree and other holiday destination. Same deal with the 767-200/ER painted in RBA's colours, is actually for the Royal family members and could be the not-so-close rellies too. I suppose the 747SP is probably something of a similar fate? It might have been the Sultan's personal craft and before the arrival of the A340-200?

Beautiful aircraft. With regards to used planes for His Majesty, I understand that V8-ALI is ex-Lufthansa.

...... I understand that V8-ALI is ex-Lufthansa.

Technically correct, but (I inderstand) the bird was never delivered to LH but sold to HRH when it was half built

SV,

Care to clarify as to how the royal "family" excludes HRH Sir Sultan ? :blink: I believe he himself is rated on the 744, perhaps when he is piloting the bird he technically ceases to be part of the royal entourage ? Mind boggling !

Perhaps that 744 is his toy. I read the Australian Aviation mag last year or so and it appears that some of his family member and royal blooded relatives occasionally travel overseas on Royal Brunei Royal fleet for shopping and holidaying in Europe and Aussie. His Royal Highness was not on board on the two occassions and they have made it clear in the mag that only the rellies flown in to Aussie. They have in the past used their single 767-200ER and 747-430 as well. Not sure if the 762 still exist nowdays.

If our Royal subjects do the same, then we Malaysian suffers to a great deal, no doubt!

Edited by S V Choong

If our Royal subjects do the same, then we Malaysian suffers to a great deal, no doubt!

I believe they on occasions, not very often though (afaik), do 'borrow' birds from their blue blooded Sir Sultan brother for their own use.

Would really like to see the interior of his 744 !

When the current Sultan of Johor ended his tenure as Yang di Pertuan Agong, he took a Royal Brunei aircraft back to Johor Bahru. I recall watching TV the 'live' telecast from Subang airport.

I watch a documentary the otherday, filmed by Hong Kong's TVB. If you live in Brunei, the BONUS is there is no Income Tax! Not even a frigging cent! Plus, if you are good at studying, the government will send you to study overseas - be it Australia or the UK. Your school fees is covered! Of course you have to fork out money for your living expense. Everyone in Brunei is entitled to a house and a plot of land., If you are a university graduate, you have free interest rate on your home loan, provided that you are settling back in Brunei to contribute in the country's economy.. How good is that?? In exchange you must not interfere with the affair of the Sultan!

If any Brunei citizen has any uncurable sickness. No problem, the government will send the patient to the hospital in Japan or the West to get the best treatment which Brunei cannot offer. Plus, the entire family member is allowed to go abroad to visit the patient, again, covered by the government.

Sounds good doesn't it? They are the true Boleh land. Brunei Boleh!!! :lol:

Edited by S V Choong

I watch a documentary the otherday, filmed by Hong Kong's TVB. If you live in Brunei, the BONUS is there is no Income Tax! Not even a frigging cent! Plus, if you are good at studying, the government will send you to study overseas - be it Australia or the UK. Your school fees is covered! Of course you have to fork out money for your living expense. Everyone in Brunei is entitled to a house and a plot of land., If you are a university graduate, you have free interest rate on your home loan, provided that you are settling back in Brunei to contribute in the country's economy.. How good is that?? In exchange you must not interfere with the affair of the Sultan!

If any Brunei citizen has any uncurable sickness. No problem, the government will send the patient to the hospital in Japan or the West to get the best treatment which Brunei cannot offer. Plus, the entire family member is allowed to go abroad to visit the patient, again, covered by the government.

Sounds good doesn't it? They are the true Boleh land. Brunei Boleh!!! :lol:

:o :o Life's good there huh ! :p

This a/c is to become V8-RBU and will enter service in July on the BI97 BWN-DXB-LHR route. It is part of an initial 4 a/c acquired by RBA.

From 2nd a/c onwards all major Australian ports, commencing with PER! (woohoo) will recieve the triple treatment.

FWIK, the 747-430 (ex-Lufthansa) which is owned by the Royal Brunei Royal fleet is for the "family" (the Sultan himself not included) trip for Aussie shopping spree and other holiday destination. Same deal with the 767-200/ER painted in RBA's colours, is actually for the Royal family members and could be the not-so-close rellies too. I suppose the 747SP is probably something of a similar fate? It might have been the Sultan's personal craft and before the arrival of the A340-200?

V8-ALI is very much the Sultan's personal transport - very very rarely does it get used by the extended family. The Sultan also has access to V8-BKH (the 342) and the 762 (this is also used by the other family members). The 744 is usually used for state vists by the Sultan himself. Very rarily does he use the 762 as his usual alternative is the 342. It is interesting to note that the tech crew come from LH or LH Technik.

The rest of the extended family fly commercial these days. Say, on BI or on SQ via SIN.

Around the mid 90s, the royal flight consists of an A310, GV, 747SP, and 2 other A340s (one has gone to Kingdom Holdings and the other to the Jordanian royal family). The A310 I think is now registered in Saudi Arabia. Some of these planes were used by the Sultan's flamboyant younger brother through his Amedeo corp. that collapsed following the Asian crisis.

Edited by mushrif a

This a/c is to become V8-RBU and will enter service in July on the BI97 BWN-DXB-LHR route. It is part of an initial 4 a/c acquired by RBA.

From 2nd a/c onwards all major Australian ports, commencing with PER! (woohoo) will recieve the triple treatment.

So where do you get this info? and I wonder when all the 4 777 will enter service?

So all 6 767 will be phase out immedaitely?