MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

Royal Brunei Airlines B777-200ER

As discussed in a previous topic, their first 772 V8-RBU is in BNW (and has been for a while now). It is due to enter service very very soon on the BI97/98 to LHR via DXB, followed by BI65/66 to PER.

As discussed in a previous topic, their first 772 V8-RBU is in BNW (and has been for a while now). It is due to enter service very very soon on the BI97/98 to LHR via DXB, followed by BI65/66 to PER.

Hi Liam,

BNW is the code for Boone, Iowa is that where you mean? If you actually mean BWN (which I suspect) then you are mistaken. The first 772 has not yet touched down in Bandar. What was the source for your info? Mine is personal observation and the local DCA, who are facing a number of problems getting the aircraft onto the register.

Regards

Steve

Sorry that was an honest typo, it should read BWN.

I am a contractor for BI here in Perth, my source being BI local representative, who along with the crew operating their 763 flight out of PER on the day of delivery were excited as V8-RBU was due for delivery that afternoon.

Hi Liam,

BNW is the code for Boone, Iowa is that where you mean? If you actually mean BWN (which I suspect) then you are mistaken. The first 772 has not yet touched down in Bandar. What was the source for your info? Mine is personal observation and the local DCA, who are facing a number of problems getting the aircraft onto the register.

Regards

Steve

Do you have a bigger pic of your sig? I like the sikorsky Helicopter. I see the S92 here at Bruei Shell airfield all the time.

I did recall seeing a bi-engined Royal Brunei aircraft inside their maintenance hangar here at BWN a few weeks ago, which i could've sworn was unusually large when compared to the UA B762 parked just outside the hangar, so i don't believe this was one of their regular B763s.

Do you have a bigger pic of your sig? I like the sikorsky Helicopter. I see the S92 here at Bruei Shell airfield all the time.
Hi,I do, but the photo isn't mine and the " owner " doesn't want it distributed :-( I will have a look through my collection and try and send you the best ones.Steve
Sorry that was an honest typo, it should read BWN.I am a contractor for BI here in Perth, my source being BI local representative, who along with the crew operating their 763 flight out of PER on the day of delivery were excited as V8-RBU was due for delivery that afternoon.
Hi Liam,I suspect this was a case of the plan not becoming a reality. I will speak to my contact in the DCA and see if he knows what's happening. I flew from BWN yesterday and couldn't see anything promising, however I didn't see inside every hangar.

Hi,I do, but the photo isn't mine and the " owner " doesn't want it distributed :-( I will have a look through my collection and try and send you the best ones.SteveHi Liam,I suspect this was a case of the plan not becoming a reality. I will speak to my contact in the DCA and see if he knows what's happening. I flew from BWN yesterday and couldn't see anything promising, however I didn't see inside every hangar.
ok Cool :) It's cool to see a Anduki base copper over New York..Hehehttp://www.brunei-online.com/weekend/news/jul14h1.htmIt's all confirm.http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/Ar...0707/nite32.htm

Hmm...oddly enough, there's still no word from Boeing regarding 787 Dreamliner orders from Royal Brunei, so there's a high possibility that these aircrafts are on lease.

By the way, zeqa, are you also from Brunei? Anyways, I was lucky enough earlier this year to have caught a glimpse of the Volga-Dnepr Antonov AN-124 at BWN carrying the Sikorsky S-92 choppers!

Baaahhhhhh, those colours look stunning on the large S-92 !!! :good:

I don't have photos of my own, but here's one from BruDirect: http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/y2k/Jan07/260107.htm

By the way, do you know what happened to their former Sikorsky S-61 choppers? Last time i heard, these were advertised for sale in the Borneo Bulletin. I didn't have much money then...hahaha...

I saw them all cover up at the Anduki airfield.

Hmm... a couple of pics from brunei would be very nice, guys! Heheheh

I will take pics of the Airfield if ada masa.

I do have pics of the airport but I posted at the other thread.Hehe

How's things going with their new B777? No news about it for a long time... Are they still getting the B777?

1 is in BWN (still in hangar aparently), 2 still N208UA is in a hangar at Changi.

They are showing on the skeds eff Dec 1st now.

What a waste of money !!! :o

In KLM, the aircraft will be used 1 day after delivery already, after some PDM's (in fact, the 777's sofar have flown commercial cargo from Seattle to Amsterdam on their delivery flights :pardon: )...

Well my return ticket next year to BWN:

BI 094 B777 direct from LHR - BWN.

RBA just called my Father in Brunei saying that B777 is not due yet so my flight back home next June will be still the same BI98 767 Aircraft . Damn!