MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hakan

Has FAX cheased operation?

In response to the news:

Assuming MH given FAX the F50 at 100% condition. and the grounded limit is 50%.. The aircraft is deteriorating at rate (50%/10 month) 5% per month. Hmm that's a lot. So the maintenance work should restore the plane to more than 5% per month as the deteriorating speed should be faster as they are old.

But they end up with grounded aircraft eventually... It shows their maintenances work is not enough, isn't it?

Furthermore as far as safety is concern.. every aircraft has a specific number of cycles before they must be overhaul, specific MTOW, specific MLW... So more sectors, more rounds and more load is not the question... The question how frequent you send each plane to the MRO?, and how good your fleet planning so that not all plane were grounded at the same time?

The timing of this event seem fishy to me.... This all probably happened because MH want an external auditor to audit the plane and their planes are in very terrible state. So they don't want to lose face in front of external auditor. Or the external auditor is the one who force them to ground all plane due to the terrible state.

The timing of this event seem fishy to me.... This all probably happened because MH want an external auditor to audit the plane and their planes are in very terrible state. So they don't want to lose face in front of external auditor. Or the external auditor is the one who force them to ground all plane due to the terrible state.

Sure is... I guess they wouldn't want to pay a cent for repairing the F-50s even if it is their fault. They want to escape from the responsibility. Lets hope the result of the audit is not in favour of them (FAX)!

Sure is... I guess they wouldn't want to pay a cent for repairing the F-50s even if it is their fault. They want to escape from the responsibility. Lets hope the result of the audit is not in favour of them (FAX)!

Well I beleive by the time the responsibility lies on them, they'll give another excuses. They used to this tactics now.

The 'blaming others' tactics is not very rare these days and they expect us to buy their excuses. Go home plant corn la...

Woo....thank god my father & my young brother flight to MYY and LBU yesterday were retimed early!If the flight is cancelled,My young brother woudn't be able to report himself at Labuan Matriculation College today!

One more thing, is there any latest news on MASWings? Can't wait to see them in action on Oct 1st!

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

about a week ago, i snap this pix.

dsc00028gt9.jpg

Chan, hopefully this can answer your question. also good luck to Ewan as well as Pieter on their up coming flight. :)

uh-oh... Am crossing my fingers.

From Thestar

FAX announces new flight schedule

KOTA KINABALU: Rural air service Fly Asia Xpress (FAX) announced a new schedule for flights between Sabah and Sarawak to overcome constant disruptions to its schedule.

In an email received here Tuesday, the airline said that the revised schedule took effect on June 16 and there was a reduction of flights on certain rural routes inviolving Sibu, Labuan, Mulu and Lahad Datu.

The new schedule was based on using three Fokker 50 aircraft, with one kept as a stand-by, the statement said amid calls by both the Sarawak and Sabah governments for routes to be serviced immediately by Malaysia Airlines' subsidiary MasWing.

FAX said that severe disruptions to its schedules since early this month were triggered by the sudden need for heavy and periodical maintenance requirements on its Fokker 50 fleet.

The revised schedule, though resulting in reduced flight frequency, will adequately service its routes and minimize the disruptions to rural services in the two east Malaysian states.

The schedule will be till Aug 31.

The public can get more information on the new schedule by calling FAX Customer Service Hotline 085 612 442 and the airport sales offices for assistance.

For information on all of the Fokker 50 routes, the public can refer online to www.flyasianxpress.com.

The statement also said that that the Twin Otter fleet will be subjected to a similar maintenance review, the RAS routes serviced by these aircraft will remain unchanged.

The federal government has set Oct 1 for MasWing to take over from FAX.

However, MAS wants all aircraft to be in proper condition before the take over of the services.

I was in bed just now, tossing and turning, when I realized that I forgot to vent my anger and frustration! No wonder I was tossing and turning....

To answer if FAX has cheased operation? I'd say yes, FAX is indeed cheasing its operations. Actually, as far as I'm concerned, it is cheating to cease operation!

We were supposed to have a daytripper on a DHT to KUD at 8am this calendar day. But...

dsc9530nh9.jpg

dsc9528uj7.jpg

Notice that there are no words of regret or sorry.

I am fumingly crossed! :angry: :angry: :angry: I took a leave from work just for this, you see!

Okay. good night.

This is unacceptable at all!

If they apologized, the sms would probably become 2 pages. Thus have to pay twice.

I'd feel violated if it occurs to any of my flights... especially when it is a day or just hours away from scheduled departure.

Oh my godness!!!! This is outrageous!! How can they do that? I really hope my flight won't be having the same thing now!

So Ewan, is Pieter's flight to MKM influenced?

Chan, we were talking about it.

"If they cancel that, then I'm going to be furious!"

"I will have them put me on a flight straight to KUL", said Pieter.

I hope he gets to fly on a DHT. Can't have him get disappointed twice.

Ewan, hope you get your money refunded. But I guess you couldn't get something else refunded - your day of leave that is!

why don't, send a letter to complain about it, hehe :pardon: ,but, the complain sure has no effect on it. At d DAILY EXPRESS NEWSPAPER, few times already,some of d airline passengers r complaining about d delay of Y airline and the delay cause something happen. But d newspaper didn't listed out what airline is that. I GUESS it's FAX. Cause FAX has a lot of delay or either cancelled the flight. :pardon:

MASWings should quicken up it's operation date from Oct 1 to either Jul 1,or Aug 1.

FAX is definately a nightmare for Sabahans and Sarawakians (sorry if my words offending any guys)

Actually, what I'm thinking is since FAX is doing so badly in the current situation, how are they going to handle AirAsiaX? I know they could have done this purposely, but I do believe they have lots of problems!

So Ewan, is Pieter's flight to MKM influenced?

I hope he gets to fly on a DHT. Can't have him get disappointed twice.

Indeed I was able to fly on the DHT, all be it with a 1320 i.s.o. 0915 departure ex MYY: pictures will be shared as soon as I've uploaded them to Photobucket; stay tuned :pardon:

Since MAS is going to take back its rural flight, I was wondering what would happen to FAX's pilots after the takeover. Would they be transferred to AirAsia then? I'd appreciate if someone here can shed a light.

Since MAS is going to take back its rural flight, I was wondering what would happen to FAX's pilots after the takeover. Would they be transferred to AirAsia then? I'd appreciate if someone here can shed a light.

May I know who's asking?

Guys,isn't that Oct 1st is the MAS day? The day where MAS and SIA started operations separately?