MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

Another AdamAir Boeing 737-300 mishap

Dephub Hentikan Sementara Operasional Pesawat B-737-300 Adam Air

Jakarta-RoL--Departemen Perhubungan (Dephub) menghentikan sementara operasi seluruh pesawat jenis Boeing 737-300 milik maskapai penerbangan Adam Air, menyusul insiden pesawat jenis serupa dengan nomor registrasi PK-KKV dan nomor penerbangan KI-172 saat mendarat di Bandara Internasional Juanda, Surabaya, Rabu pukul 15.25 WIB.

"Mulai Kamis 22 Februari 2007 pukul 00.00 WIB pengoperasian semua pesawat tipe B737-300 yang dioperasikan PT Adam Sky Connection Airlines, Adam Air yang berjumlah tujuh unit, dihentikan sementara, untuk dilakukan pemeriksaan secara menyeluruh oleh Direktorat Jenderal Perhubungan Udara," kata Kepala Pusat Komunikasi Publik, Dephub Bambang S Ervan dalam siaran pers di Jakarta, Rabu malam.

Selain itu, Dephub juga mengeluarkan surat "preventive grounding" untuk penerbang PK-KKV sampai investigasi oleh KNKT selesai dilaksanakan.

"Saat ini Tim Direktorat Sertifikasi dan Kelaikan Udara (DSKU) Ditjen Perhubungan Udara telah menuju ke lokasi kecelakaan bersama-sama KNKT untuk melakukan investigasi," kata Ervan.

Dephub sebenarnya tengah melakukan audit khusus terhadap PT Adam Sky Connection Airlines sejak tanggal 19 Februari 2007 dan hingga saat ini masih berlangsung. Audit khusus ini dilakukan secara menyeluruh termasuk terhadap manajemen perusahaan kepada semua perusahaan penerbangan yang mengalami "accident (kecelakaan) dan incident (insiden/kejadian)".

Terkait dengan peristiwa di Juanda tersebut, Dephub menerima laporan bahwa pesawat dengan 148 penumpang tersebut mendarat di landasan pacu 10 Bandara Internasional Juanda dalam kondisi cuaca hujan rintik-rintik disertai petir dengan kecepatan angin 9 knot.

Ketika mendarat pesawat diperkirakan mengalami "hard landing" (pendaratan dengan sangat keras) yang mengakibatkan deformasi di badan pesawat dan ban roda pendarat utama nomor 1 dan 4 pecah.

Posisi pesawat udara menutup landasan pacu 10 (block runway) selama kurang lebih 1 jam dan saat ini posisi pesawat telah ditarik ke hanggar Merpati Maintenance Facility (MMF). antara/pur

pur

What can I say: "Adu ya" !!! When will the license be revoked ? :huh:

Not a good thing to happen to Adam Air. I still look forward to learning more about what had actually happened to the one that went down recently. Not much news coming about.

This time almost pecah dua (disuntegrate into 2). Luckily it's on the ground. The landing must be very very hard man... :o

Thanks Foo for linking us the photos.

I've seen tires blown during hard landings, but this is the hardest landing I have ever seen and even the fuselage cracked!!!! :blink: :blink:

Well, PK-KKV will be out of service for a long, long time :(

Frankly, it really looks like whale =.=

Wondering why did the a/c made such super hard landing..

Maybe the pilot want to avoid missing the runway and have to go around :mellow:

Ok guys...lets not go on the whole "speculation" thing k...let the necessary parties carry out the investigation.

However..judging from the damage...very good chance the hull will be written off.

Repaint in a flash? so fast???... why dont just cover the logos? the distinctive orange color still can be recognisable?

takuuttt7pl9.jpg

and somebody told me that the safest seats in an aircraft are in the middle section near the wing.... phewww...

Adam Air Plane Damaged In Hard Landing

February 21, 2007

A passenger jet operated by Indonesia's Adam Air -- subject to world attention after one of its planes disappeared in January -- made a hard landing on Wednesday that cracked its body, the airline and media said.

All 148 passengers were safe, the budget carrier said in a statement, but the accident prompted the temporary closure of Juanda Airport in Surabaya, Indonesia's second-largest city and the capital of East Java province.

The incident came amid heavy rain.

The state Antara news agency said the plane's body bent and cracked. Photos showed the body of the plane, a Boeing 737-300, bent at the middle with its tail near the ground.

"The plane made a hard landing but did not crash," Susanti Dewi, an official at Adam Air said, declining to give further comment.

On January 1 an Adam Air Boeing 737-400 with 102 people on board disappeared from radar screens during a flight from Surabaya to Manado in North Sulawesi island.

No bodies have been found despite the discovery of debris of the plane in the sea off South Sulawesi.

The accident sparked widespread discussion of Indonesian aviation safety standards generally and at Adam Air specifically, and President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono set up a commission to investigate transport safety.

Adam Air said the latest incident was caused by a strong wind amid heavy rain at the airport, and that the plane had undergone thorough checks before flying.

The accident prompted some passengers to cancel flights with the carrier, Elshinta radio reported.

Adam Air, one of about a dozen budget airlines in the world's fourth-most-populous nation, operates 19 Boeing 737 jets. It serves dozens of domestic routes in Indonesia and also flies to Singapore.

Air travel in Indonesia, home to 220 million people, has grown substantially since the liberalization of the airline industry after the Asian financial crisis in the late 1990s, which enabled privately owned budget airlines to operate.

(Reuters)

and.............

Adam Air Grounds Six Boeing 737s

February 22, 2007

Indonesian budget carrier Adam Air has grounded six Boeing 737-300 planes for safety inspections after the fuselage of one of its aircraft cracked during a hard landing, an airline official said on Thursday.

The Boeing 737-300s, almost a third of the airline's fleet, would not fly until they had passed the safety inspection from the government, Adam Air safety director Hartono said.

The Indonesian government has stepped up safety investigations since an Adam Air plane disappeared in January.

"The planes will be checked before they can fly again, so all the 300-series will not fly today," Hartono said in Surabaya where he was inspecting the cracked aircraft. Like most Indonesians, Hartono only use one name.

"The check is a preventive measure. If there's nothing wrong with the planes they can be flown again."

All 148 passengers on the aircraft that made a hard landing on Wednesday were safe, but the accident prompted a temporary closure of Juanda Airport in Surabaya, Indonesia's second largest city and the capital of East Java province.

The body of the plane was cracked through the middle of the passenger section, leaving the tail drooping towards the ground.

(Reuters)

Y J Foo,

Is this not a manipulated photo/picture ???: how can they 'respray' (in the open air) an aircraft within 24 hours to an all-white scheme ??? :o :o

Andrew,

This will definitely be a write-off: repairs will cost more than the hull-value...

Guys,

To me, this seems the 2nd weather related accident with Adam Air, more so than 'technical': what do you think ? :huh:

Are Adam Air pilots trained/briefed properly weatherwise ?

Y J Foo,

Is this not a manipulated photo/picture ???: how can they 'respray' (in the open air) an aircraft within 24 hours to an all-white scheme ??? :o :o

I believe that's genuine as I saw the plane's footage at Buletin 1.30. It's been white by then.

And I believe rear section is the safest Ewan... That's the location where survivors of JL123 and most of the SQ6's survivors were at AFAIK.

Didn't know any AC can break like that... :blink:

Kan? It literally patah! I can't help feeling a bit amused. Luckily no one was harmed.

china southern had a hard landing once in china...same thing happen

safest part of to seat inside the aircraft is at the last row...not the wing = Fuel..

That Adam Air was suppose to fly again, the "aircraft" chicken out and turns white!!! he he he :blink:

safest part of to seat inside the aircraft is at the last row...not the wing = Fuel..

Hmm... ok. Besides, it's near the galley. Can ask for extra packets of peanuts and Milo. Heheh :rolleyes:

Didn't know any AC can break like that... :blink:

Then you should watch this: http://www.airdisaster.com/movies/, download and watch the third video: "A McDonnell Douglas MD-80, on a test flight...bla..bla..bla... "

This time not patah but PUTUS terus! (this time not only broken but completely ripped off)...

and somebody told me that the safest seats in an aircraft are in the middle section near the wing.... phewww...

Looks wide, that section suffer a tramendous impact and stress during landing or emergency, all forces are acting on it...

i would prefer back row...

i would prefer back row...

Really, I would prefer front row. The back at least feel the impact as for the fron, just hard landing...

looks like a written off kind of damage. one way ticket to scrape yard for that one.

Sign in to follow this