MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Hunt

Singapore Changi : December

SIA's first B773ER entered service on the SIN-CDG-SIN route on 5 Dec and returned to Singapore this morning. Although the weather wasn't great, it did yield a passable landing shot.

IPB Image

KC Sim

KC,

Nice vortices !!! :good:

This was 9V-SWB taken on 6 Dec - her first revenue flight to HKG.

IPB Image

Mighty powerful climbout on departure!

IPB Image

9V-SWA returned to SIN on 7 Dec after operating the SIN-CDG-SIN leg, having departed close to midnight on 5 Dec.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Kwek

A heart-warmer on an otherwise gloomy day is this Gulf Air A340-300 that did a really snooty nose-in-the-air landing . . .

IPB Image

But with TK to chat with, there was never a dull moment. When we got anywhere close to being bored, we started photographing each other's silhouette. No prize for identifying which is TK and Kwek!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

KC Sim

Thanx KC for the Whiskey photos. They are better looking than than existing triples. And my regards to jokee Kwek. hehehaha....

oh yeah, i didn't want to miss anything before the Great Wall of Changi completed..

I decided to fly south...meeting Kwek and KC was fun :D ..what more, spotting location are VERY limited now...all the chances that a spotter has is to just Grab anything that flies in SIN.

2 days with one Thunderstorm morning..im glad the final days at Changi are GREAT.

Happy to get this one...MH AirBUST A330

IPB Image

Delay for morning runs are GOOD..sun ups, and she's DOWN :)

9V-SWB as Singapore 333 from CDG

IPB Image

More to come...

Possibly for the first time, Kwek and I could agree on something . . . and we both prayed so hard that TK's second and last day in SIN would be blessed with good weather. His previous visit and the first day of his latest visit were plagued by inclement weather and with the Great Wall of Changi coming up so fast, is just does not seem fair to test his resolve any further.

And boy, did it shine. The sun shone like it was powered by solar energy - and it probably is.

So here's a small sampling of the joys the the brilliant sunshine brought . . .

Before dawn, it was similarly dark although SriLankan Airlines brought along its additional lighting in the form of a wingtip strobe flashing nervously.

IPB Image

The two most sought-after Singapore-based subjects we were seeking most urgently obliged with nicely delayed timings - SQ333 operated by 9V-SWB, SIA's newest B773ER and SQ's nonstop flight from New York operated by A345 9V-SGC.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Being the TriJet freak that I am, my day was made when China Cargo's MD-11F arrived at a lovely hour. On its arrival, it was greeted by a smaller Trijet - a Tri-MG B727-200F. On its departure, it climbed powerfully into the sky enroute to Bangkok and Shanghai.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fedex Express' MD-11F N628FE was despatched for a short air test after maintenance work at SASCO and nimbly leaped into the air for that.

IPB Image

We were also blessed by several ad-hoc visitors . . . ranging from the very tiny albino ATR72-500 F-OHJO. It belonged to Air Linir (according to Emperor Jonathan) and arrived the previous evening from Denpasar.

IPB Image

The other two ad-hoc visitors were somewhat larger, including Saudi Arabian Airlines' B777-200ER HZ-AKF (which is perhaps performing VVIP duty) and Air New Zealand's B747-400 ZK-SUI (which is undertaking a series of military charters bringing Singaporean soldiers to/from Rockhampton.

IPB Image

IPB Image

One does not need to be big to be beautiful, as proven by this Indian duo . . . and its distant cousin from Indonesia.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

But TK is obviously a difficult bloke to please . . . check out that expression after Gulf Air went past (in brilliant light . . . what more do you want???)

IPB Image

And when TK was gone, our day today (Saturday 9 Dec) started promisingly but quickly deteriorated into mediocrity. Thankfully, a shaft of light came through at the most appropriate hour/minute to shine on this confused girl . . . she's unsure if she's a Singapore Girl or a Chinese Ah Moi. But as is well known, it ain't over until the fat lady sings . . . and with this shot, our Saturday morning stint ended.

IPB Image

KC Sim

KC, KWEK, TK.... bravo.... :clapping: :drinks:

Excellent shots.....

Here are couple... (yes they are rather old news :) being taken in Nov)

NH for KC....

IPB Image

Hummm..... :)

IPB Image

And thanks for sharing some excellent work.... enjoyed it :)

to me, SQ jumbo's are also in demand..few aircrafts are leaving...

getting them is a must now.

MegaArk stays...

IPB Image

IPB Image

747-412's

IPB Image

IPB Image

TK,KC and Kwek,

Superb Shots from Changi.

Loads od Heavies in Action.

Thanks for sharing and looking fwd for more.

nice pic from the south guys.... still can't really accept the 773ER in that BIG WORDs livery... he he he

KC,

Guess, the ATR72 is from Airlinair (France)...

Excellent shots, guys, love them all (especially the distant Fokker 50 Maritime :rofl: )

Air China has finally done it !!! It sent her B737-800 decorated with cartoon characters involved in differnent Olympic sports and we finally got it as it headed home. This aircraft highlights Beijing's hosting of the 2008 summer Olympics. Note that the characters on the port and starboard sides differ.

11-B-5176-2006-12-15-01Cr-Beijing20.jpg

11-B-5176-2006-12-15-02Cr-Beijing20.jpg

And this is also the first time I am able to capture SIA's B777-312ER taking off (sadly due to the loss of our usual rotation spot, we are now confined to a later rotation spot). But better something than nothing at all.

11-9V-SWA-2006-12-15-02Cr-TOS.jpg

KC Sim

KC,

That Whiskey-Alpha rotation spot is not bad at all; how's that spot for 'smaller' aircraft, like 737's and 320's ? :help:

Like the CA 737...please, do share some more from SIN if you can ;)

Mine from yesterday......just 2 only :rolleyes:

hl-436.jpg

Asiana following behind us to Penang.

un-11650small.jpg

russian classics :good:

...and 9V-SWB was following behind...no picture <_>

Edited by Ian Lim

The usual photography spot for what we termed as "normal rotation" (B737, most A320s) has been double-fenced.

We lost that a couple of weeks back, just before the commencement of the B77W services. We kind of suspected that these area was targeted to be completed ahead of the others. The double fencing does not follow a logical sequence. The security forces probably deduced that this was the favourite from the sighting reports (of spotters).

KC,

That Whiskey-Alpha rotation spot is not bad at all; how's that spot for 'smaller' aircraft, like 737's and 320's ? :help:

Like the CA 737...please, do share some more from SIN if you can ;)

i also suspect other authority bodies also knew spotters Favourite spot...

well, Singapore has the best traffic in this region...but then, spotting wont be that easy after all.

The thrill of being there is out of this world...

i will surely miss them all. i kept saying to KC and Kwek..."i really love this spot" :rolleyes:

8dec06vtsjg6310zg0.jpg

even for wide bodies, 70mm lens is SUPER good. Fence or double fence...Great Wall of Changi will just be there for GOOD

7dec06a4olg6109lt5.jpg