MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Hunt

Singapore Changi : December

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well up North!

Well as you know, we will soon be losing our beloved Changi Coast Road and most of us are trying to invest as much time as possible in photographing there until it is finally gone. December 1 was a typical example.....I took a 1/2 day leave, as did Kwek, and KC having arrived freshly delivered from Seattle the same morning, all made our way down to Coast Road. And we were rewarded with a simply brilliant morning's photography.

I would like to share those pics with you! Enjoy!

Andrew

IPB Image

One of the first shots of the morning.....I could tell it was going to be a good morning!

IPB Image

Regular stuff even gave us some interesting compositions!

IPB Image

Even JAL graced us with a 02C departure!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Regular.....but nice!

IPB Image

One of the highlights of the morning.....never turn down a trijet!

IPB Image

Another unusual visitor for us captured in super light

IPB Image

Yes!

IPB Image

We were very happy to see this one parked at the budget terminal...and we got her!

IPB Image

Last but not least, one for you guys in KUL!

Great pic from Changi!! first time seeing Cebu Pacific Air :good:

Thanks for sharing, Andrew. And so early in the morning ya?

Thanks for the superb morning shots, Andy... :clapping:

You guys are lucky in the sense Cebu Pacific are not shy to come

and go during the daylight.... Here in KLIA, they're nocturnal :pardon:

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well up North!

Well as you know, we will soon be losing our beloved Changi Coast Road and most of us are trying to invest as much time as possible in photographing there until it is finally gone. December 1 was a typical example.....I took a 1/2 day leave, as did Kwek, and KC having arrived freshly delivered from Seattle the same morning, all made our way down to Coast Road. And we were rewarded with a simply brilliant morning's photography.

I would like to share those pics with you! Enjoy!

Andrew

IPB Image

Regular.....but nice!

Andrew, you nailed both of them at the right time ! :good:

I like this double shots. :clapping: (As the smiley suggests, More! More! More!)

Andrew, nice shots u have there, very sunny I'd say.. anyways.. i would like to post alil collection of mine while i was transiting Changi for my flight to perth on the 28th Nov:D

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cheers bro :D

Edited by Ignatius

Andy & Raj C,

Excellent pictures and thanks for sharing: hope to see more :good:

Norman,

Cebu Pacific is also nocturnal in SIN.

In this instance, she was delayed due to Typhoon Durian.

We were very lucky to catch her.

Thanks for the superb morning shots, Andy... :clapping:

You guys are lucky in the sense Cebu Pacific are not shy to come

and go during the daylight.... Here in KLIA, they're nocturnal :pardon:

Thanks for all of the comments guys :good:

Even though there is joy at these photos, it is also tinged with some sadness as we know that these angles will son be distant, but vivid memories. Nevertheless, we will enjoy them till the very end!

Andrew

TK,

Come down now. First and last few chances to grab the B777-300ERs shots within these few days.

Yes, the poles are up. The fences are being put up.

There are still some positions here and there.

You didn't take enough in September due bad weather. Miss this final opportunity and it's gone forever. :sorry:

sad to hear that coastal road fence is up :( ..good one andrew

Nice pictures :drinks: Changi is a place where lots of eye catching iron birdies fly into :good: and i love watching them too :)

Edited by Ian Lim

Yes, it was a superb morning. After landing in SIN at 0629hrs, I could not help noticing that it was going to be a beautiful morning. Thank to the superb comfort of the A345, I felt fully rested. Dropped everything, freshened up and off I went to the Coastal Road to join Kwek and Andrew.

And who could resist a beautiful TriJet . . . in the colours of China Cargo!

IPB Image

And while Xiamen Airlines operates out of SIN daily, this is the first time I am seeing it with a shiner (black nose).

IPB Image

The light that morning was also perfect for Thai Airways International's new livery. If only this old bus could rotate a little earlier.

IPB Image

At 0930hrs, I went off to attend the Official Opening of SIA Engineering Company's Hangars 4 & 5 . . . and was rewarded with the chance to photograph Air Atlanta Icelandic's B744F (still wearing the Korean registration of its former operator - Asiana Cargo).

IPB Image

When I called to tell Andrew and Kwek of my joy shooting this B744F, I could only hear both of them screaming and yelling . . . only to learn later that both of them have been attacked by an army of red ants!!!

The length these gila aviation nuts go to get their shots!!! Sadly as Andrew said, these action shots will soon be a thing of the past . . . and we will have a bunch of images to cry over.

KC Sim

these action shots will soon be a thing of the past . . .

Really no other vantage points at Changi airport (except from inside the Terminal) ? :(

Yes, a trip to KUL is long over-due for many of us. We miss all the great action and the wonderful company that many at M-wings extended to us. And I miss the HUGE water-melon drink at Asia Cafe.

Kwek the joker? No . . . we joke at his expense, so he's the jokee.

Pieter C: There are other spots around changi, but it will all be sky shots.

KC Sim

Pieter C: There are other spots around changi, but it will all be sky shots.

Thanks a lot; in that case, I'll (still) be including SIN into my Far-East travel plans ;)