MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Airbus 380 in Hongkong

Today, I think there were more than a hundred people, either spotters or guys wanna have a look on A380, awaiting the coming of this lovely. This lovely came in secrete, cause the crew didn't even use radio to cotact with the HK radar or HK approach, the only call-sign I have heard was right after the touch-down and vacate.

Flight number as for AIB201, as the Mission 2 first leg.

Here are my little contribution. Hope you guys enjoy.

Final approach

IPB Image

On very final

IPB Image

Parked @ Bay 62 with the bridge connected only to the lower deck

IPB Image

Close up with the lovely and the setup of the bridge.

IPB Image

For the day we have got many special planes, the most funny is this:

IPB Image

HOW FUNNY? You may ask!

The point is....................The dreamliner was approaching right after the touch down of the A380.

Flying for the mission ordered by Boeing? :pardon: :rofl:

Other such as, B-KAE (Dragonair's first BCF), B-HUS (CX's ex-SAA BCF), B-18610(Lavender), B-18305(Orchid), B-KBH (CR Airway title crossed with Hong Kong Air base-color) as well as the one I missed, B-LFB.

Some highlights:

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is what I am able to share, and time for me to back on my study desk. :pardon: :drinks:

oh you got it. sneeze! haha... i guess it must be a fun day to have so many suprise in a row? :good:

Parked @ Bay 62 with the bridge connected only to the lower deck

IPB Image

Thanks for sharing these excellent shots, Sneeze, and now back to study !!! :pardon: :blink:

This picture is nice in such a way that it shows the difference in size very well between 744 and 380 :good:

Thanks for sharing these excellent shots, Sneeze, and now back to study !!! :pardon: :blink:

This picture is nice in such a way that it shows the difference in size very well between 744 and 380 :good:

Haha Pieter, you beat me to post this comment. This is the first time I really compare the 744 and 380, and everything is big on the 380. Just look at the engine and the vertical tail. It is so much larger

Thanks Sneeze for posting the photos despite of exam schedule. Good luck.

wonderful sneeze...good coverage.

exams..?? good luck.

MH 777 in HKG too?? oh my, i wanna do tht flight.

A380 may have use CPDLC, that is why no radio...im just assuming. <_>

CPDLC = Controller Pilot Data Link Com

amazing attention given to the 380. hope that eva 744 next to her departed on time. thank you sneeze for the coverage!!

Haha Pieter, you beat me to post this comment. This is the first time I really compare the 744 and 380, and everything is big on the 380. Just look at the engine and the vertical tail. It is so much larger

Thanks Sneeze for posting the photos despite of exam schedule. Good luck.

Well, Sim, if not Uncle Pieter's reply, there really no point for you to have a reply?

<_>

Just joking

Honestly, the photo when I was taken into shot wasn't having an aim/ meaning.

Just wanna express the A380 is in HKG.....

And now, it seems this is nice to make this shot to be entitled with "Compare A380 with B744". :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks Sim, will study hard again after dinner.

Sneeze, are you studying an Australian course? I am also having exams now..All australian programs are having exam period around this time..Good Luck

It's such a waste to use CI Dynamic Blue on a shuttle flight. Usually, it serves Seattle or SFO routing.

Looks like tehy have been planning back stage, sending Dreamliner on the Day 380 arrive, and touchdown after 380 flight.............looks like some explanation needed, or is it just coincidence? :pardon:

Good shots Sneeze! Love them all! So, Cathay like the 380? :p

I think so, but not know exactly how it works.

So, I am not sure if that could be the way.

Anyway, thanks for the cheer.

Sneeze, are you studying an Australian course? I am also having exams now..All australian programs are having exam period around this time..Good Luck

Hahaha, Yes, LW. Poor me/ us, All of us have to be working hard and good luck

It's such a waste to use CI Dynamic Blue on a shuttle flight. Usually, it serves Seattle or SFO routing.

Denny, B-18210 is always used for as the "filler" to fill up the free slot to HKG.

Good shots Sneeze! Love them all! So, Cathay like the 380? :p

Somehow, till now, my firend who works as the ground staff of CX, and she has had to work for this lovely Airbus. She told me that, the aircraft is/ was not allow any person to get into without invitation.

She remarked that, the floor of the A380 is fixed with plastic "floor tile".

Haha, missed to tell Seth (as well as all of you) that, my friend told me, after the touch down at 12:25, the cabin of the A380 was still full of people, including those great persons from airlines.

sneeze, u said u are busy and working hard all da time, NOW i understand wts all ur hard works are... not studying , in fact, taking photos :D

Well, Sim, if not Uncle Pieter's reply, there really no point for you to have a reply?

<_>

Just joking

Honestly, the photo when I was taken into shot wasn't having an aim/ meaning.

Just wanna express the A380 is in HKG.....

And now, it seems this is nice to make this shot to be entitled with "Compare A380 with B744". :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks Sim, will study hard again after dinner.

Indeed Sneeze,

Your photo shows really well the comparison between a B744 and an A380. It really put things into perspective. Good photo.

Nice coverage sneeze... worth the short break just to click on the Supa-Dupa-Jumbo :clapping:

TK,

Not sure why the Big Bird was not on the regular freq, but I doubt she was on CPDLC.

Simple reason: HK is not a FANS ready FIR.

Anyway, it may be of interest to you that the Big Bird actually did logon to WSJC on her departure from Singapore when transiting over the South China Sea to Incheon .

Cheers!

wonderful sneeze...good coverage.

exams..?? good luck.

MH 777 in HKG too?? oh my, i wanna do tht flight.

Kwek,

Not FANS ready - how about ADS-B?

So many unknown terms, I think I should have extra revisions on aircrafts system after my exam. <_>

Sneeze, thanks for the coverage of the A380.

All the best for your coming exams. :drinks:

Thanks Chaity, one more to go and will be on Wed.

I Will be free for one week+.

Thanks all for the comments and replies. :drinks:

Hehe. Air Traffic Management exam tomorrow, hence able to recall those terms. :D

FANS = Future Air Nav Systems

ADS-B = Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast

ADS-C = Automatic Dependent Surveillance Contract

Then again, I think ADS is part of FANS... :pardon:

Back to the books!