MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Love what u've hunted on T7 day kekeke... :drinks:

Nice shot of the Ruslan lifting off, Andrew!

Sharing a couple of firsts which I have gotten in the past week. :rolleyes:

My First Saudi B772, operating a special additional flight SV7890 from Jeddah to Jakarta via Singapore on Thursday.

HZ-AKK_MW.jpg

My First shot of Butterfly Orchid B-18305 at long last, seen pushing back as the daily CI662 to TPE.

B-18305_MW.jpg

Great shots.....hmm have to visit the central viewing mall more often! :clapping:

Andrew

Agree there: should be back before the end of this year - amazing aircraft at Changi compared to Schiphol :pardon:

Andrew, great shot of the Antonov. I saw the Ruslan lifting off 20C as I turn out to EP on my way to BKK. Me and the captain was commenting about the slow rate of climb which would have benefitted you. By the way, happen to catch the first SQ 777 after Ruslan? SQ 976 B777-312 9V-SYJ to BKK. If you have the pic can please send me a copy. Wanted it so commemorate my 777 flight on 07.07.07. Thanks.

Andrew, great shot of the Antonov. I saw the Ruslan lifting off 20C as I turn out to EP on my way to BKK. Me and the captain was commenting about the slow rate of climb which would have benefitted you. By the way, happen to catch the first SQ 777 after Ruslan? SQ 976 B777-312 9V-SYJ to BKK. If you have the pic can please send me a copy. Wanted it so commemorate my 777 flight on 07.07.07. Thanks.

hahahahahaha........ Leech bro, u should have been on whiskey instead yaaah.

Hi Leech, sorry, had to move after the AN124......boys in blue were around and I couldn't afford to stay "exposed" for too long. Sorry, let me know next time your flights, esp on the weekend and I'll make a special effort.

Andrew

Hi Leech, sorry, had to move after the AN124......boys in blue were around and I couldn't afford to stay "exposed" for too long.

Sounds like spotting is a sin in SIN.

But seriously Andrew, that is one nice spot you get there. 20R?

Edited by Radzi

Hi Andrew, Kwek, and other Singapore based... I'm in Singapore for July. May I join you for spotting trips? Weekday mornings would not be okay, but Mon, Wed, Fri afternoons should be great! Also, the weekends if I have no programs. May I? :)

Nice pics guys!

Andy that Polet Bird arrived the night before from Karachi, and joined another Ruslan Volga-Dnepr RA-82079 on the cargo ramp before she departed as VDA6254 for PER! RA-82079 is still sitting in Perth now!

RA-82079 is still sitting in Perth now!

....while VDA RA-82046 was in AMS yesterday; will post a shot of the beast tomorrow :p

Had a very enjoyable this afternoon spotting with KC & others...haven't had such awesome afternoon sun for such a long time!

Starting off was this blue bird from Doha

A7-ACG_MW.jpg

Followed by this classic by Northwest from NRT

N624US_MW.jpg

Air India sends in their B763 every Monday afternoon as AI480 from New Delhi. Seen here is CS-TLQ, third time lucky in getting a good shot of her:)

CS-TLQ_MW.jpg

Last but not least is this Transmile M11F 9M-TGP arriving in gorgeous evening sunlight from SZB.

9M-TGP_MW.jpg

Hoe Jyh,

Great beach-shots: love the NW, especially,: was the Queen delayed or is this normal (afternoon arrival) ??

Hoe Jyh,

Great beach-shots: love the NW, especially,: was the Queen delayed or is this normal (afternoon arrival) ??

Pieter, the NW is a special flight from NRT. The usual flight operated by a A333 goes out in the morning at 6+am and is irritantingly punctual! Likewise for the NW Cargo flight which comes & goes in the dead of the night.

Is the Transmile there everyweek at the same time ?

The Transmile is a always a special appearance here for now :pardon: Though I really don't mind her being a regular at this timing :D

Pieter, the NW is a special flight from NRT. The usual flight operated by a A333 goes out in the morning at 6+am and is irritantingly punctual!

The scheduled NW flight to/from SIN is operated by 332.

Kwek, KC,I would like to hask for suggestion that where I can spot during my transit in SIN on my way to KUL and back HKG?Thanks
good question. I would like to know as well. coz i travel with SQ atm.but, from wt i know, its hard! the windows by the cafes n shops. was the place i can find (near E20) , not sure are there any better place

good question. I would like to know as well. coz i travel with SQ atm.but, from wt i know, its hard! the windows by the cafes n shops. was the place i can find (near E20) , not sure are there any better place

Derek, I guess you better have a good habit to check with the previous posts that already wrote by some other.

In fact, Auntie Kwek :rofl: has already given me a very detail guide for spotting during transit in SIN.

Derek : If you have a regular transit of just about an hour or two, then your best bet remains in T2 (airside) where you have lots of glass window to choose from - and chances are you will get quite a lot of variety in angles.

If however you are able to purposely make a longer transit, then perhaps you might consider clearing CIQ in T2 and head to T1 (landside) viewing mall . . .

Monday (16 Jul) of this week was an especially brilliant afternoon . . . making up for the long stretch of inclement weather and it was good that the planes came dressed in the Sunday's best.

Like Hoejyh, I absolutely adore the Transmile livery on the MD-11F . . . seen here with an SIA B744 heading out to Hong Kong and San Francisco.

MW-9M-TGP-2007-07-16-04Br-APS.jpg

Air India's Snow White B767-300ER leased from Euro Atlantic was another beauty . . . interesting that they even bothered to paint "Your Palace In The Sky" in a non-standard font! Talk about attention to details.

MW-CS-TLQ-2007-07-16-04Cr-AirIndia-.jpg

Northwest Airlines B747-200 N624US came in for maintainenance by SIA Engr Company.

MW-N624US-2007-07-16-04Cr-APS.jpg

And what's a sunny afternoon without a B777 from its partner . . .

MW-PH-BQD-2007-07-16-02Cr-APS.jpg

And then came Valuair . . . something was different about it when it was miles out and on closer inspection, there it was! A borrowed nose from Jetstar Asia!

MW-9V-VLB-2007-07-16-02Cr-SilverNos.jpg

And with the light so good, it was also time to capture regulars . . . like this B777-300ER returning from Frankfurt.

MW-9V-SWG-2007-07-16-01Cr-APS.jpg

Cathay Pacific's A330-300 landed . . . with an AirMark Indonesia's AN-2 biplane flying overhead.

MW-B-HLH-2007-07-16-01Cr-APS.jpg

Always a pretty sight are the widebodied freighters .. . . few are prettier than this China Airlines B747-400F.

MW-B-18712-2007-07-16-01Cr-APS.jpg

And from the Land of the Rising Sun came this slice of water melon . . . looking really red and juicy.

MW-JA8918-2007-07-16-02Cr-APS.jpg

When the sun dipped a little lower, two beauties came - one from Saudi Arabia and the other from the UK. Always grateful for the airlines that still operate the B747.

MW-HZ-AIR-2007-07-16-07Cr-APS.jpg

MW-G-CIVY-2007-07-16-02Cr-APS.jpg

The following afternoon, we went chasing the Omani B747SP . . . but she stood us up. Does anyone know if she even arrived at all? And all I got while walking back to the bus-stop empty-handed were these two silhouette shots of A330-300s . . . one a piece from MAS and Qantas. Small consolation for the afternoon's biggest disappointment.

MW-Silhouette-2007-07-17-01Cr-A333-.jpg

MW-Silhouette-2007-07-17-02Cr-A333-.jpg

Let's hope the weekend - beginning today - produces some interesting visitors.

KC Sim

:clapping: :clapping:

Very nice weather with beautiful aircraft, & well narrated KC :good: :good:

Didn't know that JAL is nicked melon.. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing. ;)