MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Raj

Thai Airways 777-200ER

I just remembered too, dun forget our good buddy LeeCH is hopping across the pacific pond to LAX every noew and again with the 772ER :)

Or 'doing' an almost 13 hours non-stop stretch between SIN-AMS; enjoy your flight back on SQ323 (9V-SVH) today, bro, was nice meeting you :good: ;)

These ER's have quite a good range :rolleyes:

Just hope that their 777-200ER will not have nasty 3-4-3 seat arrangement . :)

Lol..its only nasty if you have huge thighs...otherwise its quite acceptable (and im saying this from experience...). Either way...the aircraft will definitely allow them to expand their route network.

The TG981/982 turnaround to MEL has changed from the 346 to the 772ER. So it means I'd definitely be on the 772ER in Dec. Booked in 12F (centre row, aisle) but will try for the bulkhead row 11 at check in even if it means having to sit at the window. 2-2-2 configuration in business, so centre row is awesome - no one to climb over you as each pax has direct aisle access. :good:

So since I'm flying the 772ER which is 2 class....there's nothing to op up to?! :pardon:

Edited by Keith T

Lol..its only nasty if you have huge thighs...otherwise its quite acceptable (and im saying this from experience...). Either way...the aircraft will definitely allow them to expand their route network.

Most airline have had 3-3-3 or 2-5-2 seat arrangment installed. having 3-4-3 means the aisle will be much more narrow.

Just hope that their 777-200ER will not have nasty 3-4-3 seat arrangement . :)

The seating arrangement on the TG 772ER will be 3-3-3, just like their 772A :) The seat pitch for Y on TG 772ER will be 34" (just like MAS :p ) while the 772A have only 31"-32".

Most airline have had 3-3-3 or 2-5-2 seat arrangment installed. having 3-4-3 means the aisle will be much more narrow.

Yes, the aisle will be very narrow. I tried EK 772A once in Y. The legroom is HUGE (34") and because of the slimmer seat EK installed for Y, the actual kneeroom is more than MAS :p

3-4-3 on the 777 isn't as terrible as many people thought, really :) It's only 0.2" narrower than the Y seat on 744. Seriously, can you really fell the 0.2" difference ?

Edited by Isaac

Seriously, can you really fell the 0.2" difference ?

Probably because I like the emex seats which have immovable arm rests, so yes the difference is noticeable. This is on the EK 773. And because there isn't a seat in front for the IFE handset to be mounted on, the handset has to be in the armrest. The difference is amplified in those seats. But on balance, I'd still prefer emex row in economy as I like my legroom. The only times I fly EK are trans-tasman so 3-4-3 is still quite bearable. But MEL-AKL-MEL is now a 345 - 2-4-2 config! :good:

Edited by Keith T

Today 29th October, 16 years ago, the B777 program was officially launched. Source: http://www.boeing.com/commercial/777family...milestones.html

The Boeing board of directors meets and gives formal approval launching into production the new 777 airplane family, including the initial A-market and B-market extended-range models

And Thai Airways was the receipient of the 100th B777.

The seating arrangement on the TG 772ER will be 3-3-3, just like their 772A The seat pitch for Y on TG 772ER will be 34" (just like MAS ) while the 772A have only 31"-32".

Not according to this

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0961770/L/

It clearly shows that their 772A or 777-200 non-ER has 3-4-3 arrangment.

Not according to this

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0961770/L/

It clearly shows that their 772A or 777-200 non-ER has 3-4-3 arrangment.

They have reconfigured 7 out of the 8x 772A they have to the 3-3-3 layout in Y and 2-2-2 in Royal Orchid Class. The new Royal Orchid Class seat on their 772A is identical to MAS new Club Class seat with 60" of pitch. There is still no PTV in the new Y class on TG 772A :(

Edited by Isaac

Found this little gem via FT:

http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php...ewtopic&t=20149

Slightly modified Royal Silk seats in the 777-200ER; seat seems a little bit wider and seat shell is somewhat boxy as opposed to the smooth curves of the 'old' seat. Best bit is the PTV which now seems to be a touch bigger.

Edited by Keith T

Found this little gem via FT:

http://www.thaiflight.com/mach/modules.php...ewtopic&t=20149

Slightly modified Royal Silk seats in the 777-200ER; seat seems a little bit wider and seat shell is somewhat boxy as opposed to the smooth curves of the 'old' seat. Best bit is the PTV which now seems to be a touch bigger.

Hey, that's a total new seat. The design is different from the Royal Silk Class seat they introduced not long ago.

Below is the picture of the Royal Silk seat installed on TG 772A

TG Royal Silk Class

Hey, that's a total new seat. The design is different from the Royal Silk Class seat they introduced not long ago.

Below is the picture of the Royal Silk seat installed on TG 772A

TG Royal Silk Class

The seat cushion appears to be the same. They only changed the seat shell to accommodate the bigger PTV.

Oh well, will do a report back when I sample it in December. I'm supposed to be on the turnaround of the inaugural TG 772ER service to MEL on Dec 1st...*fingers crossed*.

IPB Image

What's with the cabin ambience here??? Preparing pax for some "steamy" Bangkok nights eh?? :clapping: :p :rofl:

Just kidding :)

Edited by Sandeep G

What's with the cabin ambience here??? Preparing pax for some "steamy" Bangkok nights eh?? :clapping: :p :rofl:

The Patpong experience is indeed one of a kind. Great to see TG taking an initiative to assist in what can sometimes be a traumatic adaptation process. :rofl:

The Patpong experience is indeed one of a kind. Great to see TG taking an initiative to assist in what can sometimes be a traumatic adaptation process. :rofl:

Yes, the only thing missing is a couple of poles in the centre of the aisle for IFE.. haha But seriously.. is that cabin ambience very "soothing"... I sort of feel very "icky" in that light... a soothing yellow/green or blue would be better right??

What are the cabin ambience tones like on MAS?? I know there were pics a while back, but from what I remember, the blue setting seems to be the most soothing.

Sign in to follow this