MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Ong

What Is Your Favorite Airline?

Mine would be MH and AK and SQ and Air NZ.. :D

1th: Singapore Airlines

2th: Malaysia Airlines (not politically)

3th: Cathay Pacific Airways

4th: Dragonair

5th: Qantas

x

x

x

x

x

9999th: Air New Zealand :lol:

ahem, are you sure there is 9999 airlines in the World?? :spiteful:

1th: Singapore Airlines

2th: Malaysia Airlines (not politically)

3th: Cathay Pacific Airways

4th: Dragonair

5th: Qantas

x

x

x

x

x

9999th: Air New Zealand :lol:

:blink:

<_ i don think there is that many airlines in the world src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_huh.png" alt=":huh:"> <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mellow.png" alt=":mellow:">

I guess lepetitvagabond must be very handsome :)

Probably.

As for me, fav airlines would be:

Singapore Airlines

Malaysia Airlines

Cathay Pacific

Qantas

How's CX and QF in terms of serivce? :huh:

Edited by Andrew Ong

How's CX and QF in terms of serivce? :huh:

CX isn't bad. In fact it's considered either 'up there' with or better than SQ by many people (depends on who you speak to). But I just didn't feel comfortable with their style of service for some reason. Their crew members are indifferent, although very efficient. Food is just average; quality of food decreases significantly out of LHR. Presentation of food in business is substandard for a supposedly 5 star airline, although it's quite ceremonial in F like SQ. One of my friends reportedly couldn't fit his feet under the seat in front of him after he reclined his seat into a bed. Still, many people love them to bits so they are certainly not a bad airline.

QF is very dependent on the crew. My experience with them is a generally positive one. I've only had 1 flight with them which I'd consider under average while all other flights have been above average to great, but you'd hear passionate rants against their service from others. Like SQ, I always feel very much at home whenever I board a QF flight due to the level of familiarity I have with both airlines. Service is slick and professional like SQ, although crew call buttons can be virtually unanswered during meal times. The 'natural' friendly feel of the crews scores them heaps of brownie points too, unlike the servility you can get on certain Asian carriers. Since their revamp in 2002 which saw the installation of PTVs in economy and the Skybeds in business, I would say that QF is one of the leading airlines of the world.

Horses for courses. :)

Edited by Keith T

I would say All Nippon Airways and Japan Airlines, for their excellent service and food. Singapore Airlines for their well rounded efficiency, standardised service and products. I like Cathay Pacific too, nothing beats their lounge at HKIA.

Somehow my service encounters on Malaysia Airlines were nothing more than just normal, except one time when a flight crew constantly flirted with me in some desperate attempt to get me into bed with him.

:blink:

Its a very subjective Q but I guess it varies according to different aspects of why one would like a particular airline.

My favourite airline for food : MAS

My favourite airline for comfort and seat pitch : MAS

My favourite airline for IFE : SIA

My favourite airline service : MAS

My favourite airline overall : MAS

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Somehow my service encounters on Malaysia Airlines were nothing more than just normal, except one time when a flight crew constantly flirted with me in some desperate attempt to get me into bed with him.

How did you feel? How did you react? :blink:

Lepetivagabond is a female...??? :mellow:

Is this a general question, or just 'the service on board' ? :huh:

Is this a general question, or just 'the service on board' ? :huh:

Not sure but I interpreted it as 'service all round.'

OK - flight service:

Regional flights: KLM cityhopper (nice, enthusiastic, young crews)

European flights: Malev (liked their catering and abundance of free drinks/ excellent wines)

Low-cost flights: Air Berlin + Niki (cannot beat their prices and on-board service; Niki: crews like KLC)

Long haul flights: Cathay (nice seats/IFE/meals and very efficient crews; not the friendliest though)

US domestic flights: Continental (nice food; friendly crews; great looking uniforms)

Gone airlines: Western (too bad they were taken over by Delta)

This is the situation up to now and might change upon flying other airlines in the future ;)

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Oct 24 2006, 10:45 PM) 80513[/snapback]

Not necessarily. Could it be that MAS has some gay crew members??

Well, there are indeed a few of them ... I've met 2. They acted sissy but were extremely friendly :)

I think people don't like to guess... <_>

:D

So... Picture speaks a thousand words...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Keith, is that what you meant?

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

Keith, is that what you meant?

Sure was...;)

Was actually tossing up between that and the dude called Michael Jackson (not the King of Pop) who designed the training program for UA cabin crew in the mid 90s...:p He had a software company based in Chicago...hence my prior guess. :)

Edited by Keith T

I want to know what is eveyone's favorite airline.

Mine is Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines

I don't know since most of the time I'm sleeping when it started to taxi. Some time I missed the meals. To be frank MAS don't offer services as good as what the have 5 years ago. Asking passengers during meal "Fish or chicken sir." the I replied "Fish", Yet the answer is " Oh, we're out of fish, only chicken is available." Why don't you say you don't have fish and only chicken is available. It happens five rows ahead. Yucks, If you start becoming a parrot this is no good.

MAS - Mesti Ada Saudara

Now I'm going for Air Asia for my domestic choice . yeah air Asia is my choice with nice ladies in RED. :yahoo:

How did you feel? How did you react? :blink:

No, no. I am a male.

To clear things up, but before we do, this has nothing to do with my opinion with regards to MH, it was just an isolated incident, but left a very deep impression on me. This is particularly so when I am a rather shy, who is always shocked and confused by any advances made onto me, be it from a male or a female.

I was on a flight from NRT-KUL-CDG, around February 2005. On the KUL-CDG sector, it was a rather uneventful flight, since most people were sleeping on this red eye flight. An hour before landing into CDG, after the breakfast trays were cleared, this air steward came out from the business class section in front of me and gave a rather shocked expression when he saw me. I looked at him, wondering if I have done something wrong or if I knew him from somewhere. After a few seconds, he gained his composure and asked me 'Sir, are you having a nice flight?'. I answered yes, and he asked another question 'Is everything ok?'. Another yes from me, and his final question 'Is there anything I can do for you?' I declined his offer, since I was just desperate to get off the plane after a long flight.

I didn't notice nor think about the incident till the flight back, from CDG-KUL about 5 days later. During that period, MH was flying 5X weekly into CDG, and due to some staff rotation schedule that I am not familiar with, I got the same crew on this return flight sector.

I was walking down the aisle to my seat when the same steward saw me, and exclaimed 'Oh! You were on the same flight into Paris!' I gave him a smile, and thought he was just being friendly. But what surprised me was that he knew my name, and addressed me by my name thereafter. I have absolutely no idea how he got my name. Anyway, this flight departs Paris at about 12pm and arrives into KUL at about 7am, and a considerable length of the flight was spent in darkness. I could not sleep, so I decided to walk around the plane to kill time. As I walked past the gallery in the middle of the plane, the air steward happened to be on duty and started chatting up with me. He asked me to go into the gallery with him since he did not want to disturb the other passengers. In the gallery, I asked for some ice cream since I was feeling a little famished, and his reply shocked me, 'I'll give you some if you give me a kiss'. I was rather taken aback, and I quickly brushed that request off. He then asked me for my phone number, my preferences in guys, where I go clubbing in Paris, if I liked him (???) etc. In the end, I had to laugh his questions off, return to my seat and pretend to doze off; upon landing, I got off the plane quickly!

I was not angered nor disgusted by the incident, it was just something of a different experience!

I was walking down the aisle to my seat when the same steward saw me, and exclaimed 'Oh! You were on the same flight into Paris!' I gave him a smile, and thought he was just being friendly. But what surprised me was that he knew my name, and addressed me by my name thereafter. I have absolutely no idea how he got my name. Anyway, this flight departs Paris at about 12pm and arrives into KUL at about 7am, and a considerable length of the flight was spent in darkness. I could not sleep, so I decided to walk around the plane to kill time. As I walked past the gallery in the middle of the plane, the air steward happened to be on duty and started chatting up with me. He asked me to go into the gallery with him since he did not want to disturb the other passengers. In the gallery, I asked for some ice cream since I was feeling a little famished, and his reply shocked me, 'I'll give you some if you give me a kiss'. I was rather taken aback, and I quickly brushed that request off. He then asked me for my phone number, my preferences in guys, where I go clubbing in Paris, if I liked him (???) etc. In the end, I had to laugh his questions off, return to my seat and pretend to doze off; upon landing, I got off the plane quickly!

I was not angered nor disgusted by the incident, it was just something of a different experience!

He would have got ur name from the pax manifest.

And I think you'd been extremely tolerant as that was an appalling lapse in professional conduct on the part of the steward. Anyone else, regardless of whether they are actually gay, would've been disgusted in that situation. The comment about giving you a kiss - fair enough that could've been a joke that perhaps went a touch too far but he should've sensed ur discomfort and, regardless of the pax's actual sexual orientation, stopped then and there. If it were me I'd have complained to the cabin services director.

Edited by Keith T

I feel, ..., err...

I once was alone waiting for a friend at the park at night. A guy came to me and started making hair-erecting comments on me and invited me to sit down and chat with him... It could have well been an intention to extort money from me... I declined and once I got the chance while he was distracted, I ran for my life... :o (I'm a guy by the way... :lol: ) That was an awkward situation!

A question: cabin crews asking contacts from pax is not professional. Is it professional for cabin crews and flight crews to willingly give out contacts to pax who requests?

Edited by Teoh Z Yao