MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tony

SYDney coverage

G'day all !!

Despite the bad weather, I've finally gone off to the airport for the X-th time of 2006 for a quick 3-hour spotting session.

Outcome isn't too good - bad colour and all. But will still upload them for you to see. :D

Stay tuned... :drinks:

P/S 1: In the middle of my midsemester break, but have an assignment due on coming Saturday. Ouch! :help:

P/S 2: Will be posting shots from Sydney continuously in this thread, just to make things organised. ;)

P/S 2: Will be posting shots from Sydney continuously in this thread, just to make things organised. ;)[/i]

Excellent idea, Tony: looking forward to your shots from 'Down Under' ;)

Im staying tune......u just keep uploading them, cuz when you upload, ur camera free, then u will be bz :pardon:

Edited by Seth K

Why are you guys over at Aussie just having your mid-term break now when our mid-term break is already 2-3 weeks ago? Usually we break at half way, say after 6 weeks. Looks like you guys have either a long semester or started late!

Look at Keith, he's enjoying the sun over in KUL / PEN, you are going out for spotting at Kingsford Smith Airport, while I am working my butt off for my assignment and overtime at work!!! Life is just so unfair :p Okay, enuff bitch and groan for now :p

Edited by S V Choong

Well most Australian universities are having their Mid-Semester Break now. It has always been the case where the break in Semester 1 would be between week 6 and week 7 wheareas for Semester 2 it would be between week 8 and week 9. However, yours truly has no Mid-Semester Break. Apparently there's no Mid-Semester Break for Honours year. Grrr............

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Photo editting has just begun - I've spent the entire day working on my assignment. :( But alas, I finished it! :yahoo:

SV, AU holidays arrangement as what Sing Yew said. But one thing though, the midsemester break for Semester 1 isn't always between weeks 6/7 - it was between weeks 4/5 (or 5/6?) earlier this year.

Life IS unfair. When the weather's good, I'm not spotting due various reasons. When the weather's marginal or piss poor, I'm out there flying and/or spotting. <_>

Sing Yew, don't know how it works at your uni, but with the Dept of Aviation, Honours student are just like normal staff. So no holidays. :lol:

And everyone else, be patient, the pics are coming... :D

And everyone else, be patient, the pics are coming... :D

Yes, Finally pics are comming.. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ladies and gentlemen, sorry for the delay. Here we go! Da pics... :p

First pic of the day, UA landed on 34L, taxiing to gate, will be turned around and departing to Melbourne shortly.

IPB Image

Air Canada from Toronto, I suppose?

IPB Image

Tahiti A340 vacating 34L

IPB Image

IPB Image

Early morning QF flight: Up and Away!!

IPB Image

SV, AU holidays arrangement as what Sing Yew said. But one thing though, the midsemester break for Semester 1 isn't always between weeks 6/7 - it was between weeks 4/5 (or 5/6?) earlier this year.

For us in Adelaide, the mid-sem break for Semester 1 was between weeks 6 and 7 as usual.

Sing Yew, don't know how it works at your uni, but with the Dept of Aviation, Honours student are just like normal staff. So no holidays. :lol:

How I wish I get paid just like normal staffs too. :D

IPB Image

Correct me if I am wrong, but thought they operate from YYZ with A340's, so this is probably ex YVR :huh:

sk chow:

anymore? nice tahiti!

Definitely. Lots more coming!! ;)

For us in Adelaide, the mid-sem break for Semester 1 was between weeks 6 and 7 as usual.

How I wish I get paid just like normal staffs too. :D

Sorry, my bad. :p

Essentially Honours students pay to get treated like normal staff. No? :rofl:

Correct me if I am wrong, but thought they operate from YYZ with A340's, so this is probably ex YVR :huh:

Sorry Pieter. A check with the YSSY flight info says the Air Canada is from Vancouver via Honolulu.

Here we go again....

Atlas Air arriving when the random drizzling started.

IPB Image

Good morning, Security!

IPB Image

We had the head, now the tail? Tony's version. :rofl:

IPB Image

to be continued...

Edited by Tony

Sorry, my bad.

Essentially Honours students pay to get treated like normal staff. No?

I guess we at Auckland University are luckier. We still get time off for being a part-time Master student. Full-timers are quite busy quite to design studio. I guess I will be busy next year when I do the studio paper.

Let see if I get to go to SYD end of this year, will catch you there Tony to do some spottin'. If I won't be there around X'mas I will go during Easter :)

I have a friend who is doing Master of Urban Design and Development at UNSW and she works like madness..... Heard they are going to slash 400 general staff at UNSW, is that right Tony?

SV,

As my signature suggests, I'll be out of Sydney by end of November. Won't be back till mid-May 2007 for graduation. :D See you around. ;)

Hmm...getting rid of people at UNSW eh? Not too sure. But two of our senior lecturers are leaving the Dept soon. :(

Ok, to explain why the lighting of my photos is so darn crappy. Picture tells a thousand words?

IPB Image

Air Link morning departure. To I-forgot-where. :rofl: Sorry :sorry:

IPB Image

Aeropelican from Newcastle

IPB Image

QF 763 taxiing to Rwy25 for departure to, well, another part of OZ. Haha! :lol:

IPB Image

Sawadeeka~!

IPB Image

It's waiting for something...

IPB Image

Might this be it?

IPB Image

YESH~!!

IPB Image

More to come...

Hey Tony, Nice shots from ur place..

Like the shots of Golf Bravo..But she need's a good wash badly..

Damm man ur lucky, 2 SQ 747's.. :blink:

Any Air NZ pictures???

Edited by Raj

IPB Image

It is able to fly direct from YYZ to SYD by B767?

How long the range in between in case?

Nice photos, Tony :drinks:

Just checked with your reply to Uncle Pieter, and my question is totally solved.

And that's why B767 can work for such long distance.

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Tony, nice pictures from Sydney! i know there's more... don't stop posting :yahoo:

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Tze Shan & Kevin,

More to come, definitely. :D

Raj,

1 SQ arrives early in the morning, the other from overnight and departs later (yeah, I've got the pics B) ). And not to worry, the NZ 320 will be coming soon. :yahoo:

Sneeze,

Yeah, my bad for the misleading title. Hehe :D Supposed to be Vancouver/Honolulu. :sorry:

Ok, today's public holiday and I'm getting a bit tired of uni work for the moment, so I'll post MORE.

The 763 previously mentioned - remember? Yeah, here's the take off shot. From Rwy 25.

IPB Image

And then it got busy, take off happened one after another (from 25).

Here's a snapshot of JQ's rotation.

IPB Image

We have Virgin-Very-Blue in Australia, here's Uncle Virgin-Very-Long (hmmm...) from the British land. He's being towed to the standoff bay (to clear up gates for other flights) for cleaning.

IPB Image

Did I hear "MANA EK??"?? It's here. :rofl:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Shoosh! Shoosh! Vacate runway and go to your assigned gate! :D

IPB Image

MoRe...

Edited by Tony

Did I hear "MANA EK??"?? It's here. :rofl:

Long haven't heard with that, Imran, where are you.

please "MANA EK?" to me, i just really miss with that, as well as you. :rofl:

Nice photos. Keep on.

Ok, keep the pics rolling~~ Hehehe :D

QUANTAS Seven Foh Foh :rofl: (Pardon me, I'm just being silly)

IPB Image

SING-GA-POH Seven Foh Foh towed to standoff bay :p

IPB Image

As I clicked away, I hear some buzzing from my right. Who brought a fan along to spotting?

And I turned to my right...Ahhh~! The 'FAN'..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Asiana came in at around 7-ish.

IPB Image

IPB Image

"Tony!!!"

What the...Who's calling me? Sounds like someone's yelling from far. Hmmm.

"Tony!!!!"

Where's the voice coming from?

"Tony! PEEKABOO!!!"

Hehe. Naughty Baby Bus. (It's JQ, FYI).

IPB Image

Edited by Tony