MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tony

SYDney coverage

Ooo :blink: What's happening on 26-28 Oct? You're coming to town? :D

see your PM ;)

see your PM ;)

Surprise surprise - not getting any! :help: Will see if it comes in later. Might take a while to reach Sydney <_>

Thanks for the PM, Pieter - we'll see how it goes. ;)

Continuing on the topic...

QF 743 I believe? Silver engine cowling, should be it. VERY NOISY engines!!! :help: :ph34r:

IPB Image

Vietnam

IPB Image

Looking at the international terminal near Runway 07. I was opposite the river. Couldn't recall the name, but the place is called Barton Park. ;)

IPB Image

JAL lovers?

IPB Image

Emeeehlates...

IPB Image

NZ 767 moving to the international terminal.

IPB Image

Edited by Tony

IPB Image

Now that is golden! Priceless and an absolute stunner!

Wouldn't mind a copy of that for my background, Raj :) Will send you a PM!

My dream came ture... it was just pure joy to catch her each time she came home :yahoo:

Here is one of her pose... (as she stood there good 2 minutes for ATC clearence to head to terminal)

IPB Image

One of the surprise while I was there.... believe this was a charter flight that carried Australian troops. (notice left gear is off first as she rotates!)

IPB Image

It is 07:14am as this KIWI BUS departs for home after an overnight stay in Sydney... first of the many NZ flights for the day to follow.

IPB Image

Barton Park is indeed a great place to visit.... excellent airport views and great for 07/25 ops.

Raj,

Sweet~ Where did you make that shot of VXB and OJI from? Looks like the construction site to me (that's near the emergency services gathering point).

It is 07:14am as this KIWI BUS departs for home after an overnight stay in Sydney... first of the many NZ flights for the day to follow.

IPB Image

Barton Park is indeed a great place to visit.... excellent airport views and great for 07/25 ops.

Nice panning shot. :good: :good: :good: :good:

Yup, thats the radar field site which was under custruction when I visit last year.

OJI was taken from the Tower field area, just in front of the gate. (with a ladder)

Yup, thats the radar field site which was under custruction when I visit last year.

OJI was taken from the Tower field area, just in front of the gate. (with a ladder)

Yeah, recognise those shots cuz I went there some time earlier in the year with 2 spotters on the Sydney Board. Chased away by the construction site worker. :angry:

OJI's location does look significantly different - and now I know. I usually stand on the mount since I have no ladder with me, but I guess if I could do it between fence holes it would be a great angle!

Since I rented the car for 10 days, first thing I did on day one was to visit local Home Depot store and get me a nice ladder :) And on last day gave it away to local spotter who was very nice help.

Yeah, recognise those shots cuz I went there some time earlier in the year with 2 spotters on the Sydney Board. Chased away by the construction site worker. :angry:

OJI's location does look significantly different - and now I know. I usually stand on the mount since I have no ladder with me, but I guess if I could do it between fence holes it would be a great angle!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fantastic! Both have fantastic light and both are beautiful subjects. I must say, next time I'm in Sydney, I better make it a point to go spotting! :)

Edited by Sandeep G

Nice shots from everybody, esp that stunner from Raj! Makes me wanna go back there wooohoooo!

One of my fave places is the ops deck when 34 is in use...

IPB Image

Edited by tsentsan

IPB Image

WOW, this is really a nice shot of the 3-holer: how many mm ?

IPB Image

To be accurate: 16R. YSSY obs deck is at EskyBar.

Anymore EK A345's?! Dying to see them!

Not recently - very busy with assignments.

BUT if we're lucky, I could get some shots from the ATC TWR (field trip tomorrow). Not EK tho, since I'll be going at 1-ish. :sorry:

Will continue posting shots next week...

Quickly...

Looney Tunes spotted taking a rest at the international terminal.

IPB Image

VS, SQ and TG at the standoff bay.

IPB Image

A330 wingspan.

IPB Image

Taking off 34L.

IPB Image

Compare wingspan of the A330 vs length of the T7.

IPB Image

Emirates GEAR UP.

IPB Image

China Airlines.

IPB Image

Looks sad. :(

IPB Image

Let's look for a parking...

IPB Image

To be continued...

Compare wingspan of the A330 vs length of the T7.

IPB Image

Tony,

EK in the picture is a 340, not a 777 :nea:

Although, not linked to any pictures, I would like to share this with you guys:

October 19, 2006

Singapore Airlines said it has put one of its Boeing 747-400s out of service after the aircraft lost a bolt while flying over Sydney on its way to the city-state on Wednesday.

The 15 cm (5.9 inches) long bolt hit the roof of a house in Sydney with a loud bang, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported.

"The aircraft involved will undergo a wide-ranging inspection before returning to service," Singapore Air said in a statement.

The statement said the airline was treating the incident "very seriously". But added that the dislodging of the bolt, from the aircraft's "leading edge flaps", had not compromised the safety or performance of the flight SQ220.

The airline said it was in touch with the aircraft manufacturer, Boeing, to identify the possible causes of the incident.

Singapore Air said it was "cooperating closely" with an investigation launched by the Australian Transportation Safety Bureau and would also deal with any issues arising from damage to property caused by the incident.

(Reuters)

Sorry everyone - EK in that pic is indeed an Airbus. This is a good way to demonstrate the effect of fatigue + 'V' drink...it doesn't increase alertness!! *tired*

Thanks Pieter for pointing it out. :sorry: