MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
S V Choong

First 777-312ER for Singapore Airlines

hhmmmmmm...wonder why the bottom-part of the tail is white now :sorry:

hhmmmmmm...wonder why the bottom-part of the tail is white now :sorry:

Yea..I prefer the original livery for the tail part too..whole tail in dark blue looks better.. :mellow:

Certainly looks great be it with the A3UGLY tail or not. I cannot wait to lay my hands on this long beast with its EFB onboard. Please do not make me wait any longer. Scheduled to operate to CDG departing SIN on Dec 1st 2006.

Certainly looks great be it with the A3UGLY tail or not. I cannot wait to lay my hands on this long beast with its EFB onboard. Please do not make me wait any longer. Scheduled to operate to CDG departing SIN on Dec 1st 2006.

Wow..

Even though it's not been delivered to SQ, yet SQ already scheduled for its work timetable.. :rofl:

Leech, are you on the SIn-CDG sector flying in Sierra Whiskey Alpha? :rolleyes:

i do agree with all of you that the tail look nicer in their old 777 colors... it look weird that the tail part is all white now :D

so LeeCH, we can expect the picture from the office of this new bird in DEC ya?

LeeCH - when can I expect this new bird with its new seats down here in MEL? :D

Next time I fly SQ will be February; any chance of being on it then? And as I haven't ticketed the Feb itinerary yet...would be good to know which of the MEL dailies it's going to be deployed on. ;)

LeeCH,

I remember you once said that the pilot rating you have is good for B772ER and B773, but at that time you were not sure whether it is good for B773ER. From your comments above, I supposed your current rating is also good for B773ER, or you have to take extra courses/trainings to be a certified B773ER pilot?

i do agree with all of you that the tail look nicer in their old 777 colors... it look weird that the tail part is all white now :D

I think they forgot to paint it hahaha

MEL and CDG are one of the very first few stations to come online for B773ER as the B744 is really running short at the moment. (As captured in the forum on Oasis Airline based in HKG). As for me, common rating. Only difference is we set power using N1 instead of EPR as there is no EPR gauge in rolls the huge GE115 engines.

MEL and CDG are one of the very first few stations to come online for B773ER as the B744 is really running short at the moment.

I might shift my outbound in Feb from SQ238 (currently 773) to SQ228 (currently 744) then.

looks like missing someting. yeah the tail has white part and the title looks bigger then usual T7 :huh:

Azuddin

Shits, MAS should really Cancel the A380 orders and get the B773ER man..

Big time agree :good: :good: :good: . Don't talk size, talk range.

We already stuck between Star Alliance (SQ, TG) and we also stuck between the two that operate the 773.

Wow..

Even though it's not been delivered to SQ, yet SQ already scheduled for its work timetable.. :rofl:

Schedule planning starts 6-12 months out from the date of operations, then lots of amendments in the second and third months before operations and will then be finalised for the actual running. So yes, Plan Early. And if under any circumstance the aircraft delivery is delayed, the schedule will be varied accordingly - Contingency Planning.

I think they forgot to paint it hahaha

Ditto. :rofl: Do agree with most of you that the old livery seems more "complete". :p

Don't talk size, talk range.

Cancel A380 orders - I agree.

Talk range don't talk size - DISagree. Range is important, but so is the size. It depends heavily on the size of the market, bilaterals which will affect the number of flights you can put on city pairs, all other commercial/marketing stuff, and definitely not forgetting the engineering aspects - whether it'll make it to the destinations (VERY important!!!). Airport infrastructure also needs considering - runway, taxiway, ramp etc.

Shits, MAS should really Cancel the A380 orders and get the B773ER man..

I definitely agree :good: . But what comes into mind is this: Which one is more expensive- Airbus A380-841 or Boeing 777-300ER :huh:?

Edited by Andrew Ong

Doesn't look any different... Agree that the EVA one is more appealing in sight. But surely this new ER is gonna rock the pilots and pax! Sure it's a nice plane to fly with and fly on!

It's time to add a little arts on the liveries, not heavily but lightly, SQ and MH? :good:

Doesn't look any different... Agree that the EVA one is more appealing in sight. But surely this new ER is gonna rock the pilots and pax! Sure it's a nice plane to fly with and fly on!

It's time to add a little arts on the liveries, not heavily but lightly, SQ and MH? :good:

I dunno.. I think they should try and avoid all connotations to the A380.. the fin paintjob is one such area.. I think it looks better when all painted and without that little white strip at the bottom... won't that bit get real dirty from the rudder actuators too??????? an because it's white, it would really show!!! I think the clean Singaporeans are in for a shock! :)

I definitely agree :good: . But what comes into mind is this: Which one is more expensive- Airbus A380-841 or Boeing 777-300ER :huh:?

Overall, I have to say 773ER is much more cheaper. we can say that it's cheaper in

Efficientcy,

Range,

Maintenance,

Facility,

773ER has a good fuel efficientcy because of the GE90 and only 2 engine. Also has better range. About maintenance, 773ER air frame is a simple stretch of the 772 and only adding the raked wingtip, bigger fuel tank and lighter material were used to build the air frame.

773ER only uses 2 engines and A380 uses 4. one reason that CO, AA and DL retire their 747, DC-10, MD-11, 727 and cancel the A340 is because every engine maintenance cost times the number of engine. let say if one engine maintenance is about USD1000, 4 engine would be 4000, so 2 engine only 2000. The A380 is all new aircraft and maintenance cost would be high since it a big aircraft and also, lesson course about A380 maintenance has to be given to the technician and all parts are new. For 773, 772 parts is compatible with 773.

About facility, not all major airport in the world can handle A380. Let say St Marteen, I don't think an A380 can land at St Marteen. Even a "kampung" airport like Luanda, Angola have 2 773ER coming in from Paris everyday. Most airport which is not A380 ready need to spent more to upgrade their facility, like runway, Airbridge, GSE and even need to hire or give lesson to crew.

All in favor of MAS having 773ER rather then A380 say "I" :clapping: (of course, we can only think which is better).

I bet MAS wount regret if they just lease a few 773ER just for try out.

I prefer the old livery .

The "Singapore Airlines" titles are BIGGER then the rest of 777.

Bigger titles look better, I think, however, the white 'bottom' on the tail looks terrible: as if the 'bird' has landed i.s.o. is flying :(