MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal

If you realise, on the 737 theres a front galley on the right.

I believe the galley plays a part in this. In the front part of the plane there is a small galley on the right, where you enter the plane its somewhere there.

Edited by Walter Sim

Traditionally the captain sits on the left and probably most access points into the aircraft are also via the left. Airport facilities are therefore mostly geared towards this configuration.

The only aircraft I know of using the right-hand side of the aircraft for passenger's entry is the Lisunov LI-2, and is, therefore, easily recognizable to differ from the Douglas DC-3 B)

Could it be somewhat American influences? they're on the left side rather than the "British Right side" like ours.

Since most of the airplanes manufactured in the US including those earlier models. Infact the world first airfield with airport facility is from the States. So there!

just my 2cents. :help:

Did anybody realize that all cargo doors were built on the right or starboard side except for upper deck cargo compartment. There will be a lot of traffic on the right. So.. the entry will be from the left side of the aircraft to ensure smooth flow of the pax. And don't want pax to see baggage thrown in to cargo compartment.. :rofl:

If you realise, on the 737 theres a front galley on the right.

I believe the galley plays a part in this. In the front part of the plane there is a small galley on the right, where you enter the plane its somewhere there.

Yes Walter :good: .. 737's front galley is on the right side.. Why? coz the front left door is bigger than the right side.. again to ensure smooth flow of pax.. right door will be use for loading of meals from catering truck.. :drinks:

Edited by Samsyuri

Traditionally the captain sits on the left .....

Is there anything in the rules book that prohibits the captain from sitting on the right seat, going against convention ? Just curious

Is there anything in the rules book that prohibits the captain from sitting on the right seat, going against convention ? Just curious

Saw something reharding this before. Should be something about the angle or sight which Captain can see..Something liek that..forgotten :huh: :sorry:

Very simple reason.

Captains sit on the left hand side, and captains can look at the beautiful passangers boarding.

First officers sit on the right hand side, so he can watch the cargo loading, refueling, and maybe toilet servicing.

Don't you rather be a captain?

Very simple reason.

Captains sit on the left hand side, and captains can look at the beautiful passangers boarding.

First officers sit on the right hand side, so he can watch the cargo loading, refueling, and maybe toilet servicing.

Don't you rather be a captain?

Haha... :rofl: I'd rather be a captain though,Capt.Radzi :lol:

By the way, are there any hidden exits on the floor of the plane?

Did I remember correctly that pax on B727 can enter and exit via rear?

Yes, also the SE-210 Caravelle and Douglas DC-9 series have this feature...

Did anybody realize that all cargo doors were built on the right or starboard side except for upper deck cargo compartment. There will be a lot of traffic on the right. So.. the entry will be from the left side of the aircraft to ensure smooth flow of the pax. And don't want pax to see baggage thrown in to cargo compartment.. :rofl:

Yes Walter :good: .. 737's front galley is on the right side.. Why? coz the front left door is bigger than the right side.. again to ensure smooth flow of pax.. right door will be use for loading of meals from catering truck.. :drinks:

i remember that last time LeeCH did mention about this question in his thread b4.

another question, is that some of the B737 come wit built-in stair? coz last time, i saw few picture of the AK 733, 9M-AAB use the stair, which seems like built-in one. anyone can clearified me?

another question, is that some of the B737 come wit built-in stair? coz last time, i saw few picture of the AK 733, 9M-AAB use the stair, which seems like built-in one. anyone can clearified me?

It is an option.

It is an optional accessory or compulsory accessory, like Proton cars ? :rofl: :rofl:

Or you can it optional "dead weights" :rofl:

MH B737 "L" and "J" regd came with airstairs and it was remove during pre-service inspection. So you can see a small door below fwd entry door. But "M" and "Q" regd came without airstairs and you won't see any door below fwd entry door. :D

The choice of having the pilot/PIC sitting on the left is probably because mass aircraft production started in the US and so it is likely that the Americans decided on that arrangement based on how they drive.

The question of whether the captain can sit on the right instead of on the left may have legal implications but I haven't read enough of the aviation laws and regs to be certain on this. Maybe our commercial pilots can help here. From what I know, air crash investigators would first investigate who was sitting in the left hand seat at the time of the crash and the next question would be who was doing the flying.

In the C172 that I usually fly, the front left hand seat has a lower insurance coverage than the other three seats, probably because that seat is presumed to be the pilot's seat.

In the C172 that I usually fly, the front left hand seat has a lower insurance coverage than the other three seats, probably because that seat is presumed to be the pilot's seat.

Wah, I didn't know where you sit also have insurance implication. Thanks for the information, Captain Attan.