MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sandeep G

Bangladesh AirAsia

This is reported by Asian Aviation (Volume 3, Number 4 - May 2006)

Here are the highlights:

Commence operations in October.

JV between AirAsia (Malaysia) (49%) and Bangladesh's East West Airlines (51%)

Fleet will comprise 2 A320-200s (from the Malaysian shareholding company, presumabley 9M-AFK, 9M-AFL)

Initial destinations:

Four Domestic (not disclosed)

International: Kolkata, Chennai, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur

TBA (2007): Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, two Middle Eastern Destinations (I would guess Dubai is one of them).

Other rumours:

Lookout for Phillipine AirAsia.. wah this AirAsia certainly is expanding here there and everywhere... let's hope brand quality is maintained!

Edited by Sandeep G

HABIS!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Once Air Asia captures the Subcontinental market...many regional airlines will start to feel the heat! :good:

It would be really good for the People of Bangladesh..Hence that Not many of them have had the Opportunity to Fly in Aircraft and especially the poor People..So Air Asia is Making it a Dream Come true for those People i guess..With Low Fares everyone can fly.. :)

It would be really good for the People of Bangladesh..Hence that Not many of them have had the Opportunity to Fly in Aircraft and especially the poor People..So Air Asia is Making it a Dream Come true for those People i guess..With Low Fares everyone can fly.. :)

Actually, it's for immigrants :good: Now.it's easier for them to enter Malaysia :good:

Actually, it's for immigrants :good: Now.it's easier for them to enter Malaysia :good:

Similar to AK's services to Indonesia, they're cashing on the labour traffic. My flights to SUB & SOC were almost 90% Indonesian labour.

wow, air asian expanding fast... now bangladesh... which country next?

wow, air asian expanding fast... now bangladesh... which country next?

I read from somewhere that they said Burma and Laos are their next target.

I read from somewhere that they said Burma and Laos are their next target.

Then Nepal, and of course China and India :good:

Who knows,they will expand their operations to the Far East..such as Korea and Japan :pardon:

it is really gonna b airASIA..

n soon hope it flies to uk as well.. hahahahahahahahahahahaha.. den i can go home wif only rm500 instead of rm3500 now..

den i can go home wif only rm500 instead of rm3500 now..

OooOoo~ :blink: that's VERY low cost! you sure you can enjoy your trip?? :pardon:

From what I was reading briefly on this a while back. It looks set to be called "Air East Asia" :huh:

Sound cool :drinks:

From what I was reading briefly on this a while back. It looks set to be called "Air East Asia" :huh:

Can Bangladesh be considered an East Asian nation? Its rather subjective really...

Those in the Americas, Europe, maybe even Africa might consider Bangladesh to be in the "EAST" and in "ASIA" thus East Asian...however those who reside within Asia wouldn't likely refer to Bangladesh as an east asian nation.

my 0.02 :)

...however those who reside within Asia wouldn't likely refer to Bangladesh as an east asian nation.

true...it somehow seems to be a bit west-ish, doesn't it? :p