MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Wood

Two MH 744s leased out (5 years)

Hi Everyone,

Speednews reports today that two Malaysia Airlines B747-400s have been leased to Ethopian Airlines for 5 years, the aircraftwill be used for the busy summer season.

Greg Wood / Perth WA

Tze Shan, you've only got to look at the satellite terminal on most days, hardstanded a/c everywhere. You make more money leasing them out, then you do having a/c that are surplus to requirement just lying about all day, only to be rotated with another bird the next.

This is definately a positive sign for MAS.

check out KLM's birds.

Those are signs on good utilisation, oh well at least thats the reason for them being dirty anyways.

I see far a lot of planes sitting at the gate.

I was gonna say.. MAS isn't that clever :) hehehe kidding..

but seriously, the 744s would be better converted to freighters (or as 744BCFs) and replace all the icelandic metal and save the airline heaps of dosh as well as improving the profitability of MASKargo which is already quite a strong performer :)

check out KLM's birds.

Those are signs on good utilisation, oh well at least thats the reason for them being dirty anyways.

Excellent point, Walter, of the 25 747's KLM operates, only 1 spare aircraft at AMS :o :o :o ; the rest is operating, in (heavy) maintenance or at AMS for about 2-3 hours before another long-haul route ;) (Example: PH-BFT - arrived AMS from LAX as KL0602 at 1258hrs and departed for HKG as KL0887 at 1520hrs)

In contrast to MH

You always see few 747's sleazing in KLIA's Satelite Terminal.

and also 738 <_>

I heard the news yesterday from cousin. Are the lease 744s 'staying' in desert now?

You always see few 747's sleazing in KLIA's Satelite Terminal.

:D :D haha did you mean "Snoozing"?? haha

cos it would be quite funny to see a few 'sleazing' 747s :)

Just imagine the following scenario:

A Boeing 747 (Big and fat) strides up to an Airbus A330 (Slim and tall) and says: "Excusez-moi mademoiselle, but do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I conduct a missed approach and reask for the visual" :p

OR:

"Pardon mademoiselle, I couldn't help but notice you on my TCAS and I wondered if I could get close enough to see inside your "cockpit" and hear what kind of alarms and sirens I could make you sound" :)

Edited by Sandeep G

haha did you mean "Snoozing"?? haha

cos it would be quite funny to see a few 'sleazing' 747s

Picked up this one too and wonder what you mean, Walter

the 744Combi is a good choice for Ethiopian i think... capacity of a 767, payload of a DC-8? something like.. correct me if im wrong..

any news on which planes are leaving the MH fleet as part of the rationalisation (step backwards...) program..

Hey guys,

So does Mas Still Own Both 9M-MHM and 9M-MHL???

Where are they Located and are they still in Mas c/s??

Edited by raj

Hey guys,

So does Mas Still Own Both 9M-MHM and 9M-MHL???

Where are they Located and are they still in Mas c/s??

AFAIK their ownership have been transfered to Boeing, and according to the latest A.net's database, 9M-MHL and 9M-MHM are at Marana and Goodyear respectively, still retaining the red-and-blue cheatline.

Thanks for the info Y.J....

So if their ownership has Been transferred to Boeing, So this means Mas Doesn't own these two planes..Rite??

Ex-MAS 744 (GE powered Combi reg: N73714, serial number 24405.) has gone to Kalitta Air. This bird have just came out from conversion into BCF. Aircraft has been sitting under the sun since 2003.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=...&id=6133089

(The a/c will appear at about half way of the video clip)

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/g...d.main/3980157/

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this