MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

A Malaysia Airlines purser was arrested in Paris

This is a true story that mars just over the reputation of the airline, hit by two airplane crashes in the space of a few months. A purser Malaysia Airlines has been indicted for sexually assaulting a passenger stressed aboard a flight from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and Paris, said Tuesday, Aug. 12 sources close to the investigation to the AFP.

The facts date from Tuesday, August 5. After landing his plane, the passenger, an Australian citizen, went to the border police of Roissy (Val-d'Oise). She then eClare had been sexually abused by a purser. "At the beginning of the flight, she expressed to the crew of apprehension" after the crash of Flight MH17 Ukraine and the disappearance of flight MH370 in the Indian Ocean, one of the sources told. The purser then sat next to her, began to talk to him, and under the pretext of "comfort" sexually assaulted.

The man acknowledged acknowledged the facts and was indicted on Thursday 7 August. He was also remanded in custody.

Sigh... are our airline's crew stressed out by the past incidences and imminent take over by Khazanah? Looks like the HR of MAS need to expand their workload to de-stress the crews.

Don't worry, MAS cabin crew are resigning like no tomorrow over the past three years, MAS couldn't recruit fast enough to replace those who left.......sad case.....

MH really has to protect their images by not attracting anymore negative media attention. I bet something like this does happen to any airlines but to MH, it's just going to be headlines which in this case is rather unfortunate.

Not to be a bearer of bad news, Channel 7 here in Australia are about to air this very issue on their show "Sunday Night" this coming Sunday, the commercial is already portraying Malaysia Airlines in a disgusting light, as though MH is responsible for this certain crews actions. Many Australians are already very hesitant in flying MH, and this story is certainly not going to help. The story will feature actual footage of the flight and the victims perspective.

I wondered why she wants to go on TV to elaborate her ordeal? If she is so traumatised, why repeating the whole story again and not let the courts do the required? Worried that the airline or Malaysia government will brushed it off if its not sensationalised enough just like the case of the Embassy guard in N.Zealand? Nevertheless, such acts is totally wrong, and portrayed badly on the airline and the country itself. MAS will have to work hard to redeem itself and move on away from MH17 and 370. Mourning is over. Life need to go on and reputation is at stake here.

Without revealing too much: I can only say this- the lady herself is a bogan (google that) and has a history of trying to attract attention and screwing people out of money. She's after an out of court settlement. There is no end to the evil in this world sometimes ....

I wondered why she wants to go on TV to elaborate her ordeal? If she is so traumatised, why repeating the whole story again and not let the courts do the required? Worried that the airline or Malaysia government will brushed it off if its not sensationalised enough just like the case of the Embassy guard in N.Zealand? Nevertheless, such acts is totally wrong, and portrayed badly on the airline and the country itself. MAS will have to work hard to redeem itself and move on away from MH17 and 370. Mourning is over. Life need to go on and reputation is at stake here.

Normally the TV channel will pay a huge sum of money for the interview. I feel sorry for her, but I imagine she's doing for the money.

BTW, one of the MEL flights was 80% full. So, I think some passengers are still confident with MH, considering all the unfortunate events.

Without revealing too much: I can only say this- the lady herself is a bogan (google that) and has a history of trying to attract attention and screwing people out of money. She's after an out of court settlement. There is no end to the evil in this world sometimes ....

Didn't dare comment until now for fear of being labelled sexist and blindly loyal to MH :

No wonder the video clip seemed staged, her conversation appeared scripted! I could not even understand why she behaved that way. I thought she was out to sabotage MH and trap the guy. Now I know why! Of course still no excuse for the guy if he did act indecently. She also looked pretty 'hiau' (pun intended)to me.. Grrrr!

Edited by V Wong

Flak for woman who accused MAS steward of sexual assault on telly

"It's really rubbish. She did it for one thing. Money. Besides ruining the reputation of an innocent man," said Jessica Greenhill's comment, which was followed by more than 300 others in the Facebook page.

Others hit out at Bushney over the recording of the incident, saying that it did not make sense when facing a critical time. Instead of recording the episode, they said that Bushney should have taken action to avoid it from happening.

More at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/flak-for-woman-who-accused-mas-steward-of-sexual-assault-on-telly

Is he really innocent? I read somewhere that he admitted that he did what she accused him of doing.

Huge difference between consensual and non consensual act. She should be evaluated by a shrink.

WRT French police treatment of non French speaking people, the least said the better

Edited by V Wong

He should have known better. I noticed on my NRT-LAX flight, the In-flight Supervisor was overly friendly with some of the ladies (that includes touching shoulders, which is a big no-no, IMO), while he didn't even make an eye contact with other passengers.

He should have known better. I noticed on my NRT-LAX flight, the In-flight Supervisor was overly friendly with some of the ladies (that includes touching shoulders, which is a big no-no, IMO), while he didn't even make an eye contact with other passengers.

Agreed, even one steward got a Tom Cruise look or a stewardess got an Angelina Jolie look ain't supposed to simply touch customers, even a big no for the opposite sex.

Consensus or not, entrapment or not, cabin crews should not be indulging in such acts in the flight. God forbids, how many of such acts have gone unnoticed on our airline? Looks like the steward have taken the "life have to move on.." quite seriously here. With this act, his life is definitely moving on, and his career too. To elsewhere.

I do agree that something is fishy with the female in question, but that still does not mean that the steward should have done what he did, that was very unprofessional of him, considering that he was the chief purser too.

On one of my KUL-MEL flights, a steward was "picking up" a fellow male passenger who was sitting in the row behind me, the passenger looked somewhat hesitant but he did give his number to the steward and I overheard some inappropriate details. However that particular steward was very attentive and very friendly to all the other passengers too, but I believe that he shouldn't try to pick up a passenger as its rude and unprofessional and may make other passengers uncomfortable.

The other thing from my personal point of view, he's married for the love of God. Just remember your wife and kids before committing such act.

Aiyo moral police... I think in flight behaviour of sexual nature is commoner than we think, hence the mile high club. And cabin crew not immune to it too.. :p

I'm wondering how the guy found time to do what he did, if he did that is ?

Really, if a senior member of the crew can be considered disposable from inflight duty routine, means fellow crew members would have had to fill in the void, which in turn means overstaffing issue/bloated headcount/low productivity .... etc

:)

I do agree that something is fishy with the female in question, but that still does not mean that the steward should have done what he did, that was very unprofessional of him, considering that he was the chief purser too.

On one of my KUL-MEL flights, a steward was "picking up" a fellow male passenger who was sitting in the row behind me, the passenger looked somewhat hesitant but he did give his number to the steward and I overheard some inappropriate details. However that particular steward was very attentive and very friendly to all the other passengers too, but I believe that he shouldn't try to pick up a passenger as its rude and unprofessional and may make other passengers uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, that happened on all airlines. Once on my QF flight, this female crew clearly gave a male passenger (he looks like a footy player, muscly etc) extra attention over other passengers. She kept giving him extra bread, asking him are you alright? do you want anything? While when my seatmate asked for a tea, when she passed him, she rolled her eyes.

She obviously know what she was doing, but WTH was he thinking?

I'm wondering how the guy found time to do what he did, if he did that is ?

Really, if a senior member of the crew can be considered disposable from inflight duty routine, means fellow crew members would have had to fill in the void, which in turn means overstaffing issue/bloated headcount/low productivity .... etc

:)

Don't think this applies to the cabin crew department. The crew to passenger ratio is in line with other airlines (CX, SQ etc.)

She obviously know what she was doing, but WTH was he thinking?

Because she's white ? And so he thought it was ok to loosen up ? Until it was clear the girl was going to sue :finger:

Edited by Isaac

Sign in to follow this