MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

CX, QR and SQ Pass Skytrax 5-Star Airline renewal audit for 2014

6 February 2014, London, United Kingdom

Skytrax announced today that three of the world's current 5-Star Airlines - Cathay Pacific Airways, Qatar Airways and Singapore Airlines - have all passed the renewal audit process, with their 5-Star rating now confirmed for 2014.

Speaking about the latest 5-Star Airline Certification, Edward Plaisted of Skytrax said: "the top level Quality Rating as a 5-Star Airline is only awarded to those airlines achieving the highest, overall quality performance, and it is great testament to each of these airlines that they have been able to maintain (and in many instances improve) the quality of product and customer service they offer to passengers. The airline industry is more competitive now than at any point during the last 15 years when Skytrax have conducted World Airline Rating, and we continue to set higher quality targets for 5-Star Airline approval to match this growth in quality improvement."

The 5-Star Airline Rating is not all about luxury or premium features that an airline offers. Whilst appreciating that airlines generate high revenue levels from premium First or Business Class customers and they have to look after this top end of the market, the Skytrax Ratings reflect that the largest percentage of an airline's customers are those travelling in the economy class seats. These customers don't get premium check-in services, they don't get fast tracked through airport processes, they don't get invited to enjoy a glass of champagne in a first class lounge - but they are the "majority" element, and their travel experience, enjoyment and comfort is of paramount importance in determining an airline's suitability for 5-Star rating.

http://www.airlinequality.com/news/5starAirlines_announced.htm

Who cares? Skytrax is toilet paper.

True...........I wonder how much $$ actually changed hands.

As much as I am a Malaysian and should support MAS, it will be an insult to us frequent travellers if MH retains its 5-stars status. She is worth 3 stars at most. The cost cutting since BTP 1 has stripped MH into her bare bones, nothing else to strip anymore. My personal opinion....Don't flame me....

Who cares? Skytrax is toilet paper.

Our fellow member MIchael does.

On another note I hope MH loses it's 5 star status. Another kick in the backside for them to improve.

Edited by Walter Sim

the way the cost cutting is going on the frontline, the crap reviews it is getting from passengers plus the low morale of staff, MH will definitely lose its five star status along with any chance of winning 'best cabin crew'.

Now that QR and UL are in OneWorld - the novelty of flying on MAS will disappear as more and more people realise that you can get better service elsewhere.

Very sad news

Edited by Izanee

I really hate the way MH boasts about the Skytrax 5-star status so much. They should just focus on providing good quality service to their passengers.

I really hate the way MH boasts about the Skytrax 5-star status so much. They should just focus on providing good quality service to their passengers.

5 star is just a slogan not reality sorry.

Well, they do not have anything to promote anymore........therefore is milking the '5 stars' status kao kao!

Well, they do not have anything to promote anymore........therefore is milking the '5 stars' status kao kao!

I agree. Things on MH (meal presentation, hardware) just look cheap compared to other airlines! MH is only looking at short-term cost savings without looking at long-term outlook in terms of passenger satisfaction.

Sign in to follow this