MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zamim

MAS B738 MXH MH2564 landed in KCH on one engine

Sebuah pesawat Malaysia Airlines System (MAS) mendarat cemas di Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuching (LTAK) di sini tengah hari ini selepas salah satu enjinnya mengalami masalah teknikal.

Pesawat MH 2564 yang berlepas dari Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) pukul 10.05 pagi itu melakukan pendaratan sedemikian pada pukul 12.05 tengah hari.

Sumber Malaysia Airport Holding Berhad (MAHB) Kuching memberitahu, juruterbang pesawat tersebut terpaksa melakukan pendaratan menggunakan satu enjin sahaja.

"Namun tiada sebarang kecederaan dilaporkan berlaku dalam kejadian itu. Kira-kira 200 penumpang serta anak kapal yang berada dalam pesawat itu selamat," katanya ketika dihubungi Utusan Online di sini hari ini.

Mengulas lanjut beliau berkata, walaupun terpaksa memberi laluan kepada pesawat itu mendarat cemas namun jadual penerbangan lain tidak terjejas teruk.

Katanya, punca kejadian tersebut masih dalam siasatan pihak MAS. - UTUSAN ONLINE

Kira-kira 200 penumpang serta anak kapal yang berada dalam pesawat itu selamat," katanya ketika dihubungi Utusan Online di sini hari ini.

How can there be 200 souls onboard ? Utusan oh Utusan :lol:

Still not accurate even if they rounded the number.

Round to the nearest hundred?

LOL! Whatever the actual number of passengers on board, it's a good load anyway. :)

read the line properly: "kira-kira 200 penumpang" meant approximately or roughly not the exact figure......

Thought i had included around in my original post. But apparently i did not. Same goes to my FB post. But either way this is still very misleading. But this is Utusan, okay i guess it is not very surprising :lol:

Passenger numbers are relative to aircraft type. It is impossible for the number 200 to be associated with a MH B738 even if MH gives it a full LCC configuration, it will just hit about 190 seats (as a comparison FR's config is 189 seats).

We won't question the number if the aircraft involved is a B767.

And by global standard, any report regarding an incident/mishap involving an aircraft, the passengers number will be presented concisely, not on "kira-kira" basis.

If we aviation forumers can get the breakdown of the numbers, why can't these journalists do the same? It is in fact their job to find and verify facts in the first place.

Passenger numbers are relative to aircraft type. It is impossible for the number 200 to be associated with a MH B738 even if MH gives it a full LCC configuration, it will just hit about 190 seats (as a comparison FR's config is 189 seats).

We won't question the number if the aircraft involved is a B767.

And by global standard, any report regarding an incident/mishap involving an aircraft, the passengers number will be presented concisely, not on "kira-kira" basis.

If we aviation forumers can get the breakdown of the numbers, why can't these journalists do the same? It is in fact their job to find and verify facts in the first place.

Coz the journalist training by utusan is about kira kira sahaja

"Kira-kira 200 penumpang serta anak kapal"

so the 200 in the news report is including the numbers of crews as well not only the number of passengers

You guys really should learn how to round of the numbers to the nearest hundred.

Here you can find the example. http://www.tlsbooks.com/roundingnumbers100c.pdf

According to Zamim's post, there were 155 passengers and 7 crews so 155+7=162, so please click to the above link and look out for 162 (at the last column, the 3rd row)

Next lesson...rounding up numbers to the nearest thousand...

then OMG, about 1000 souls almost died a flaming death when an engine decided to retire. ...Imagine the headlines...Major Catastrophe Averted, Skillful Pilots Saved about 1000 lives.

I eat kira kira 0 bowl of rice, drink 0 glass of beverage daily, yet my weight is kira kira 100kg (though some of you may weigh kira kira 0 kg).. Bizarre

Edited by V Wong

OT: I was helping a friend write a police report the other day because of an accident. Got to talking with the constable there who was taking the report.

Apparently the three most commonly used words in a road accident report are: "kira kira", "tiba tiba", and "muncul"

Usually goes like this, with a lot of BS because no one ever wants to admit liability :

Pada kira kira Jam 5.30 petang, saya tengah jalan di lebuhraya utara selatan di Km264 pada kelajuan 50 km/h. Tiba tiba satu lori muncul di depan saya. Saya tidak dapat mengelak dan lalu itu lori itu langgar saya....... :p

even on tv news also u never heard the TV presenter said "dianggarkan....." ?Normally journalist even us a public, we wont get the actual report or fully confirmation regarding of any particular accidents. For example if our family members boarded a crashed airplanes, the authority unable to confirm with us the ACTUAL CONDITION of them as it will takes some times for them to officially announce about their fate. So in this case, the reporter did not get the specific number of people on the planes as the incident just recently happened.

What?! All the more the exact number is of utmost importance. Self explanatory.

wait....I don't get it....

I think...the journalist should get the fact right, not just by estimating the number like that!

Edited by affendi osman

wait....I don't get it....

I think...the journalist should get the fact right, not just by estimating the number like that!

There are journalist, and there are Utusan journalist.

Of the 200 passengers, how many are Malay, Chinese and lain-lain?

The esteemed journalist could have used "hampir" or almost. But then again we are talking about a $hitty newspaper...

Sign in to follow this