MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

ZRH Spotting 17-18 March 2006

Aiyo.....the triple...always make me melt la. aiyo TK....why la mas dont take in Female. or...is that question too sensitive.

Hey mate..MH do take in female..now she is one of the 'astronaut' who are going to Russia for training.. ;)

Edited by Min Chun

MANA....eh..its there... :lol: :D

Thanks alot for the shots bro! I really love seeing those Trent 500's! :)

Btw...which spot were u at when u took the shot of TK and Fabian...no fence ah? :huh:

the 345s........damn damn!!!! bloody clear! love those man. and thanx for many noses and good coverage of your kicap transporter. your kicap was so precious that MH sent the best transporter. no wonder MH keeps losing money...... :lol: :lol: :p :p

i was whacking tempura with emperor just before that funky AK party and i sent sms to tk. he said he was on one side and u were at the other side of runway. hahaha.......

Hey mate..MH do take in female..now she is one of the 'astronaut' who are going to Russia for training.. ;)

Wrong :p That Female S. Vanajah is an engineer not MH pilot... the MH pilot that go for astronaut training is Mohammed Faiz Kamaluddin a guy.

Imran,

That spot is the runway 16 lineup - from there you can also spot aircraft landing on runway 14. We are on a small hill, so the fence is below us.

Azahan,

TK was cursing the cold and complaining that you guys went to Sushi... and he was guessing already that it was more fishy than that. And yeah, I was on the sunny side, he was on the dark side on the first day :p

Btw, just came back from the airport to see TK off. He messaged me this morning to tell me that it's the blue plane again. This time there were about 20 people at the spotting location (it's sunday), and probably many more at the Heligrill. Will post some pics soon. Don't think he will be posting soon - he told me his schedule...

I have more pics... be patient yah? I am even in the office right now to prepare for my African business trip. Work hard, play hard, and have a ball, right?

Edited by Azman MN

sometimes, some aircrafts prefer rnwy34 takeoff... possible if traffic is light...

IPB Image

IPB Image

or even rnwy32 takeoff, if 3200m is enough:

IPB Image

but the tower is working hard to get the sequence right because rnwy14 is the main rnwy for arrivals!

IPB Image

wow, last minute bank to the right to correct a crosswind landing! See.. only the insides of the winglets are painted.

Edited by Azman MN

Hi Azman, lovely series of clear and sharp photos.

Should thank the IS that assisted you in those early morning shots.

It is so cold there and no wonder your milo supply ended fast :p

I have more pics... be patient yah? I am even in the office right now to prepare for my African business trip. Work hard, play hard, and have a ball, right?

Great stuff, Azman, and all da best for the African trip. Been to Africa only once, to Ghana, when Mr Rawlings was in charge. I remember the BA flight from LGA to ACC very well - the majestic Sahara desert! B)

.ny

Btw, just came back from the airport to see TK off. He messaged me this morning to tell me that it's the blue plane again. This time there were about 20 people at the spotting location (it's sunday), and probably many more at the Heligrill. Will post some pics soon. Don't think he will be posting soon - he told me his schedule...

Baaahhhhhh, excellent shots, Azman, they really made me homesick: will you join me, again, on 29JUL06 in ZRH for the A.net meet ? The sightseeing LX flight has been cancelled now, but they plan a visit to Swiss Techniks instead, so hope some nice aircraft will be there on that date B)

Would have loved to join you guys, but, unfortunately, I was off to CDG yesterday, so maybe another time ?

(pictures of my CDG session to follow)... ;)

Ahhh... nice and warm in Africa today. TK is in Phuket. Nice and warm too... but he is rubbing it in by reminding me that I have to work and he doesn't.... damn...

Anyway, after the departure rush hour at rnwy 16, which ends when EK leaves, we went to get more coffee... then Fabian took us for a walk. He showed us some other interesting angles-

IPB Image

nice houses...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

hmm... too hazy... can't see the mountains in the background...

IPB Image

Very nice pics, especially the MRD in such low light conditions. I notice the SQ B747 had its cabin lights switched on but MH T7 all dark. It would have been nice if the cabin lights are on too, but during landing in low lighting conditions, I suppose cabin lighting should be kept at the minimum.

i totally forgot about this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

sorry Azman...the photos are mostly unedited yet!!! :(

Kicap and Milo delivered by Heliconia Cargo... :D

i totally forgot about this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

sorry Azman...the photos are mostly unedited yet!!! :(

Kicap and Milo delivered by Heliconia Cargo... :D

:o :blink: Maannn.... TK is really busy nowadays... MH really need to

recruit more TrippleSeben pilots, for the sake of aviation photography :D :p :lol:

It was cold that day. Plus very windy! So the Photographer's holes were not occupied...

IPB Image

Man, you can really get very close to action in ZRH. This photo certainly reminds me of those Subang days, where I would go pass terminal 3 to where those Chinese restaurant were located and spotted aircraft, and I thought that was already very close to runway.

This one for Seth:

IPB Image

While waiting for the blue one to depart, I got this:

IPB Image

It was cold that day. Plus very windy! So the Photographer's holes were not occupied...

IPB Image

i love the quebec hotel

all are nice shot. I miss that airport a lot. been there last in 1995.

BTW, "mana CO" :p :p

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Hey guys, I'm back from the wild side (almost 2 weeks without TV, phone connection, radio, much less internet...).

Thought I'll just round this topic off and post the last remaining pictures from that day - some crosswind landings!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Azman:"waahhh.. respect! Pilots landing the planes like that..."

TK: "all in a day's work..." B)

That's it, thank you for viewing, thanks for all your compliments and encouragements!

Good shots of x-wind landings there Azman :D

Can be used for educational purposes... :lol:

So you're back, will there be a special thread of "Wild Africa"

later :unsure: ??? :D

Sign in to follow this