MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Hooi Yen

Airlines to KUL

perhaps even QATAR, SIA and LUFTHANSA occassionaly, who knows, peak seasons are always full of surprises.

:lol:

Ah Qatar <_ they hardly want to upgrade the a300...........>

Wow BR 744 for KUL, compared with CI A3B6 for TPE-KUL since old days in Subang. :)

Speaking of CI AB6, most of its destinations are now serviced by the brand new 333, any idea when CI will deploy the 333 to KUL ? And any chance BR will make the TPE/KUL back to daily again ?

Ex-airline served

Jatayu Airlines

Philippine Airlines

Canadian Airlines

I thought PR just relaunced KUL not so long ago ?? When did they stop flying into KUL again ? I saw their 733 parking at the Satellite terminal few months ago.

i really miss the time when Northwest Airlines serve KUL.

Yeah, me too. The 1st and also last time i ever saw their D10 was a few days after 911. Parked near the main terminal building.

MU have withdrawn from the route KUL-PVGvv.The website have not shown any schedules of MU on this route.MH have dominated the KUL-PVGvv route.Any confirmation,please?

The MU KUL/PVG sector is still on with the flight schedule as follows :

航班号 出发机场[时间] 到达机场[时间] 机型 经停 班期 生效日期 失效日期

MU539 上海浦东 [1840] 吉隆坡 [2340] 320 0 __3_5__ 20060419 20061027

回程/吉隆坡-上海浦东/20060421:

航班号 出发机场[时间] 到达机场[时间] 机型 经停 班期 生效日期 失效日期

MU540 吉隆坡 [0130] 上海浦东 [0630] 320 0 ___4_6_ 20060415 20061028

I really don't know how they can compete with MAS which operates double daily 772 on this route.

If we are lucky, perhaps even QATAR, SIA and LUFTHANSA occassionaly, who knows, peak seasons are always full of surprises.

I don't think we'll see QR sending their 380 to KUL in the next 10 years. When they ordered the 332/333 QR said one of the 1st destinations to get the brand new 332 service is KUL but it's been 3 years plus now and we still get the old AB6 while many other new cities get the 332 or 333.

perhaps even QATAR, SIA and LUFTHANSA occassionaly, who knows, peak seasons are always full of surprises.

like CI, boring stuff.....

Apart from MAS A380, it seems like its quite difficult for KUL to get new generation aircraft such as A380, B787, B748, A350 in the next XXX years.... :(

I guess EK has mentioned that they will use the A380 to KUL, perhaps during the summer schedules where it is considered a peak season. If we are lucky, perhaps even QATAR, SIA and LUFTHANSA occassionaly, who knows, peak seasons are always full of surprises.

Unlikely.

I guess EK has mentioned that they will use the A380 to KUL, perhaps during the summer schedules where it is considered a peak season. If we are lucky, perhaps even QATAR, SIA and LUFTHANSA occassionaly, who knows, peak seasons are always full of surprises.

Unlikely.

Unlikely.

Apart from MAS A380, it seems like its quite difficult for KUL to get new generation aircraft such as A380, B787, B748, A350 in the next XXX years.... :(

Perhaps we'll see AY 359 here in the next few years ...... And JL 788 or JQ 788 (if they fly to KUL) :)

At least CI upgraded sometimes

We might get Finnair A350, JL 787, LH 748(If they order) and peak season A380 service from mid-east :)

hahaha ..EK is so full of s++t...

they said that they'd operate 380 to KUL in the near future...but they can't even fly 8 x weekly with 772...

other places like BKK and SIN get 773ER.... twice daily as a minimum.

don't see that happening soon..

Qatar airways is another hypocritical airline. KUL was one of their first destinations in SEA...but we are the last to get 332/333s.... not one of the last few....but LAST!

LH....forget it. we're lucky if they can maintain 4xweekly 744 flights.

MH is probably all we'll see for a while.

i've given up hoping...

its been almost 20 years but nothing has changed. we are still waaaaaaay behind SIN, our nearest competitor.

at least 10-20 years back, we still had a variety of european airlines flying to KUL. now we get shitty little airlines like riau etc etc.

wow.

well done MAB

hahaha ..EK is so full of s++t...

they said that they'd operate 380 to KUL in the near future...but they can't even fly 8 x weekly with 772...

other places like BKK and SIN get 773ER.... twice daily as a minimum.

don't see that happening soon..

hey hey.. :angry:

It probably hasnt occured to you but perhaps the loads into KUL dont warrant such heavy usage of that aircraft. As we've previously discussed on the forums, traffic in terms of volume going into BKK and SIN is much greater than that into KUL, thus EK (being the smart one..) cashes in on that by using aircrafts which enable them to carry as many pax as possible on those routes. Once the demand for KUL increases, you will definitely see the extra 777's plying the route.

I dont doubt their intentions of operating the A380 into KUL in the future. You want a fairy tale, MAS operating the 747 into Dubai during peak periods. Cant even fill up an A330... <_>

hey hey...that's exactly what i meant... !!!

if EK cannot justify flying a 772 into KUL....so then they shouldn't say that they will fly A380 into KUL.

by the way....I know that loads to KUL don't warrant much s++t from many airlines...and that's why we've lost sabena, aeroflot, csa, balkan, BA, qf, ansett, ana, turkish, kuwait, air france, air new zealand, seychelles, northwest, panam etc etc etc. ... over the past 20 years.

and i've known that since before u were a twinkle in your parents' eyes... so take it easy!

Edited by Izanee

if EK cannot justify flying a 772 into KUL....so then they shouldn't say that they will fly A380 into KUL.

by the way....I know that loads to KUL don't warrant much s++t from many airlines...and that's why we've lost sabena, aeroflot, csa, balkan, BA, qf, ansett, ana, turkish, kuwait, air france, air new zealand, seychelles, northwest, panam etc etc etc. ... over the past 20 years.

and i've known that since before u were a twinkle in your parents' eyes... so take it easy!

Wooahh there guys.. relax ok..

EK to KUL is indeed very plausible, should they ever decide to use KL as a stop to Australia, as they do now with SIN and BKK. However, the problem is granting of fifth freedom rights between KUL and Australia, as the Malaysian Government protects MAS, with the exception of Lauda air.

There was plenty of rumour that EK would commence its second daily service to Perth Via KUL. Also they intend to have a daily ADL service also rumoured to be via KUL. The market is there, its just that to operate cost-effectively, the playing field needs to be levelled, and MAS should compete on equal terms... of course, I can only foresee this happening if MAS handles its restructuring exercise well.

I think the government only realised we are far behind BKK & SIN in 90s, and the importance of building KUL as a main hub for foreign airlines. We once have the biggest airport in the region in the 70s (Subang) but we have lost the oppurtunity to attract new airliners or even maintain the airlines that serves KUL particularly during 1980s. When the government wanted to develop KUL as a main hub in the region in late 90s, it was just too late and we were too far behind BKK & SIN as most of the airlines have already established their hub in these airports, and many passengers use to transit there because of more connections as well as frequencies.

My opinion is that the government is somehow acts a bit slow.... :angry: We are at least 20 years behind them...

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

However, the problem is granting of fifth freedom rights between KUL and Australia, as the Malaysian Government protects MAS, with the exception of Lauda air.

Wow ? Is this really the problem ? I always thought it's very easy to get 5th freedom rights in KUL, just like BKK (go and count how many airlines have 5th freedom rights in Don Muang).

There was plenty of rumour that EK would commence its second daily service to Perth Via KUL. Also they intend to have a daily ADL service also rumoured to be via KUL.

It seems to me that EK prefers either SIN or BKK and same with QR (the planned MEL flight, 2x daily into BKK now with the brand new 332). May be EY ......

By the way, i just checked the CI flight schedules. Most cities are now served by the brand new 333 (36J & 277EY) :

-BKK

-DPS

-DEL

-FUK

-HKG (still got 2x daily AB6 on certain days)

-CGK

-NGO

-NRT (on certain days only, with 3x daily 744 service)

-SIN

-SGN (still get AB6 service on certain days, daily 333 flight)

I think we'll get the CI 333 here this summer B)

Why shouldn't they? :huh:

EK will most probably be operating the high-density config A380 on the KUL route. With that in effect, they could fill up the aircraft with 2 772 loads. Thus, they will both have the extra equipment to operate elsewhere whilst still cutting costs.

EK logic its called... B)

so take it easy!

You want me to take it easy? Look at your past replies. I understand that your current occupation leaves you absolutely exhausted at the end of the day, but you should still exercise some restraint when posting bro.

NOW LETS LEAVE THE RANTING FOR A.NET ;)

You got up on the wrong side of the bed or is it something else thats bothering you because you sure are showing one hell of a rude attitude here ..

Why you getting so emotional over these sort of things , its not like you're not going to be able to sleep properly tonight just because EK don't send their 777-300ER here right ?

i've known that since before u were a twinkle in your parents' eyes... so take it easy!

With regards to that ...

Don't try to pull off some smart remarks here

Very Rude

I have just checked the CI website,

A333 will be operated to KUL starting 1 July 2006 onwards operate flight between KUL and TPE.

A333 will be operated to KUL starting 1 July 2006 onwards operate flight between KUL and TPE.

Yeah!!! Good news for spotters!! :D

Cool ...... Thanks for the news, Yeung H.

hey imran bro... i'm chilling out man. what do you mean past replies bro?

it seems that you got a bit defensive on a statement i initially made on EK ;)

anyways....the thing i said about u still a twinkle in your parents' eyes...was a joke. i sincerely apologise if you were hurt by that as i never meant it to insult your parents, or you for that matter!

as for gavin....HUH???!!!???

this is a forum, not a dictatorship. i don't think i was rude to anyone, but u were to me. remember the reasons u guys started this site ok!!! :)

When you mean onwards, is that mean continue on for extended time or just for summer. Anyway, great search Yeung.......At last some new stuff :)

seth K,

i am not sure whether it is the permanent change of a/c or not.

In my opinion,it should be a permanent change as CI is progressively phasing out of its AB6.

Sign in to follow this