Jump to content
MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

Recommended Posts

Severe delays on the 333 flights again. If you look at 9M-MTK/MTO delays these last few days, it’s ridiculous. So much so that MH 66 to ICN on 6/11 was delayed overnight awaiting arrival from MEL (MH129). AKL/DPS/PER are all delayed pretty bad as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The delays continue:

MH123 to SYD, 7/11, 2+ hours
MH388 to PVG, 8/11, 3+ hours (still on ground)
MH164 to DOH, 8/11, 3+ hours (there goes all connections at DOH) and they are using the aircraft from MH140
MH133/145 to AKL, 7/11, 2-4 hours
MH172 to DEL, 7/11, 3 hours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Craig said:

The delays continue:

MH123 to SYD, 7/11, 2+ hours
MH388 to PVG, 8/11, 3+ hours (still on ground)
MH164 to DOH, 8/11, 3+ hours (there goes all connections at DOH) and they are using the aircraft from MH140
MH133/145 to AKL, 7/11, 2-4 hours
MH172 to DEL, 7/11, 3 hours

Shortage of aircraft and no spares(1 tinnsy tiny unalligned turnaround to collapse the the whole thing) and as of few months ago +shortage of engineers.

Up to nearly hundreds of engineers left this year from MAG. And you have the HR head always singing "who? dorang tak syukur? gaji dorang perlu tetap sama mcm ofis" each time someone argues about potential operational constraint from the lack of concern on manpower.

Edited by jahur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jahur said:

Up to nearly hundreds of engineers left this year from MAG. And you have the HR head always singing "who? dorang tak syukur? gaji dorang perlu tetap sama mcm ofis" each time someone argues about potential operational constraint from the lack of concern on manpower.

I wonder if HR ever ventures out to see that even 3k isn't enough to hire wait staff at some restaurants around KL. Hundreds of engineers leaving MAG is quite a big issue, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Craig said:

I wonder if HR ever ventures out to see that even 3k isn't enough to hire wait staff at some restaurants around KL. Hundreds of engineers leaving MAG is quite a big issue, no?

They've opened a new pool of LAE cadetship(via bank loans) only issue to resupply back manpower waiting for them would take years. Its the same issue plaguing pilots. This is not only happening at MAG but quite a number of airlines around the world such as SAS, air india, Qantas. HR have been viewing them as expandable overpaid noisy crowd that should at most be tied directly as an office manager that would eventually be replaced by A.I(which almost everyone else greatly disagrees upon) Any sound of safety regulation and cost and debt acquiring such rating and experties pinned onto the employee is seen as cost nuisance to revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jahur said:

HR have been viewing them as expandable overpaid noisy crowd that should at most be tied directly as an office manager that would eventually be replaced by A.I(which almost everyone else greatly disagrees upon) 

I wonder if HR view themselves as expendables 🤣 But the cost to replace any entry level staff is usually 4-8 months salary and I imagine it's much higher for an engineer or pilot (12-24 months perhaps?). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jahur said:

Shortage of aircraft and no spares(1 tinnsy tiny unalligned turnaround to collapse the the whole thing) and as of few months ago +shortage of engineers.

Up to nearly hundreds of engineers left this year from MAG. And you have the HR head always singing "who? dorang tak syukur? gaji dorang perlu tetap sama mcm ofis" each time someone argues about potential operational constraint from the lack of concern on manpower.

Yes, this is the issue. Imagine a newly hired HR whose basic salary is RM3-4K higher than the engineers who have been working their heart out since MAS era now MAB...and spent all the times and money to attain the professional certification over the decades, and then HR turned around and say "you old man does not deserve RM8-10K a month salary". Of course engineers will say "Fish u, I am out of here!!". 

Now with Turkish Airlines, Riyadh Air, Saudia and Air India placing orders for hundreds of new aircraft recently, EK will be getting their new A350 next year, literally a dead sentence for MH. Can't wait to see when SIA Engineering opens at SZB, it will be fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know how many 737's have the new cabin installed?

Unannounced aircraft swaps are getting annoying when you preselect seats, checkin confirms that everything is ok but the plane your board is different. Last night MH609 has this issue and on Tuesday MH610 had an aircraft swap but the check in staff in Singapore were able to resolve it for me. 

A few months ago they also did this and my wife and I ended up sitting separately owing to row 4 in J not existing in the new cabin. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Robert said:

A few months ago they also did this and my wife and I ended up sitting separately owing to row 4 in J not existing in the new cabin. 

I just avoid Row 1 and 4 (if it’s scheduled as 738) if possible. Reassigned is still acceptable. Downgrade is absolutely not. 
 

On a separate note, does anyone know why MH is only selling fully fare Y (maybe Y1/2) and mostly J for ATQ-KUL in February/March? KUL-ATQ has all booking class available. Is ATQ-KUL really selling that well?

Edited by Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Robert said:

Anybody know how many 737's have the new cabin installed?

Unannounced aircraft swaps are getting annoying when you preselect seats, checkin confirms that everything is ok but the plane your board is different. Last night MH609 has this issue and on Tuesday MH610 had an aircraft swap but the check in staff in Singapore were able to resolve it for me. 

A few months ago they also did this and my wife and I ended up sitting separately owing to row 4 in J not existing in the new cabin. 

As of today, the following B737-800NG have been reconfigured to new seat configuration (12BC/162EY: 174 seats)

  1. 9M-MLM
  2. 9M-MLN
  3. 9M-MLO
  4. 9M-MLS
  5. 9M-MLT
  6. 9M-MSA
  7. 9M-MSF
  8. 9M-MSE
  9. 9M-MSG
  10. 9M-MXD
  11. 9M-MXE
  12. 9M-MXF
  13. 9M-MXH
  14. 9M-MXK
  15. 9M-MXL
  16. 9M-MXN
  17. 9M-MXQ
  18. 9M-MXX
  19. 9M-MXV

They have  42 B737-800NG in their current fleet (including three leaving soon), they are halfway through the fleet refurbishment. Three B737-800NG (FFF, MLK, MLL) will leave for FY. FFF has been withdrawn from service since Oct 2023. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some internal photos show 9m-mah spotted already painted in Malaysia airlines negaraku livery in VCV but still on foreign registration as EI-HJZ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since one of our ministers was at Boeing’s Seattle plant for a “lawatan sambil belajar”, do you think he asked Boeing what’s up with MH’s 7M8 deliveries? 😂

Edited by Craig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Craig said:

Since one of our ministers was at Boeing’s Seattle plant for a “lawatan sambil belajar”, do you think he asked Boeing what’s up with MH’s 7M8 deliveries? 😂

MVA is coming on Nov 16th with MVD 2-3 weeks after presumably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jahur said:

MVA is coming on Nov 16th with MVD 2-3 weeks after presumably.

Oh nice. Thank you for the info. Is MVD MH’s second 7M8? I am curious if they are skipping MVB/MVC. But they’ll have a MVP yeah? 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Craig said:

Oh nice. Thank you for the info. Is MVD MH’s second 7M8? I am curious if they are skipping MVB/MVC. But they’ll have a MVP yeah? 😬

Different airframes requires different rework, hence the delivery is not following the usual A to Z sequence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riza said:

I always thought this ex SK aircraft will do the DOH rotation. Its MEL instead 

Wouldn't it be better to deploy the aircraft to higher yield routes? Although secondhand, this aircraft is perhaps MHs best (and newest built A350) and I won't be surprised if it will also be used on the Japan routes after the initial deployment to MEL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am looking at the scheduling for the 737max it seems Manila, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh deferred with no commencement date.

Meanwhile KUL-BKI will be receiving 2x daily flight from nov 21st onwards and being upgraded to 3x daily from Dec 04 onwards.

KUL-MYY to have 1x daily from Dec 04 onwards as well.

KUL-KCH to only commence at Jan 04 2024 with 1x daily.

Its quite likely MAB will only receive 2 737max this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jahur said:

Its quite likely MAB will only receive 2 737max this year.

You may be right. I was looking at the first flights for B737Max and only 9M-MVD (the second MH Max) has made its first flight. There were no other 9M reggos that took their first flights recently. 

https://aviation.flights/boe/737/66354

Edited by flee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2023 at 11:08 PM, JuliusWong said:

As of today, the following B737-800NG have been reconfigured to new seat configuration (12BC/162EY: 174 seats)

  1. 9M-MLM
  2. 9M-MLN
  3. 9M-MLO
  4. 9M-MLS
  5. 9M-MLT
  6. 9M-MSA
  7. 9M-MSF
  8. 9M-MSE
  9. 9M-MSG
  10. 9M-MXD
  11. 9M-MXE
  12. 9M-MXF
  13. 9M-MXH
  14. 9M-MXK
  15. 9M-MXL
  16. 9M-MXN
  17. 9M-MXQ
  18. 9M-MXX
  19. 9M-MXV

They have  42 B737-800NG in their current fleet (including three leaving soon), they are halfway through the fleet refurbishment. Three B737-800NG (FFF, MLK, MLL) will leave for FY. FFF has been withdrawn from service since Oct 2023. 

JW, I thought -MXA has also undergone the interior refurb Bhai? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tom/PER said:

JW, I thought -MXA has also undergone the interior refurb Bhai? 

MXA is still in the older interior, according to my insider's information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...