MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Airports that you can walk to downtown

I was reading about Kathmandu KTM, and somebody writes that you can literally walk from the airport to town, only 6km away. Not that I want to try it when I get there tomorrow pm.

I think Luang Prabang LPQ is walkable to town, though I didn't try it.

I wonder where else in the world, one can land at an airport, and just stroll into town (assuming only with a backpack lah). :)

Edited by Naim

Well, if your plane lands at BKI LCCT, the airport isn't really that far from town :D

Edited by Isaac

Doc, understand you're going to KTM soon. MH, AK or something else?

I was reading about Kathmandu KTM, and somebody writes that you can literally walk from the airport to town, only 6km away. Not that I want to try it when I get there tomorrow pm.

I think Luang Prabang LPQ is walkable to town, though I didn't try it.

I wonder where else in the world, one can land at an airport, and just stroll into town (assuming only with a backpack lah). :)

VTE, SGN, MNL, MLE,

VTE, SGN, MNL, MLE,

Yes, I think VTE can walk to downtown, SGN can walk to District 1, MNL can walk to Makati.

MLE cannot walk, must take boat.

My former city of residence, San Diego - great views of downtown if you are sitting on the left hand side.

Hahaha, yes, I remember flying just above the office blocks!

Have a good and safe trip! Look forward to ur write up and pix. :)

Watch this space: http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18158 :D

KTM is quite close by but gotta walk through some pretty dodgy areas to get to town.

MNL, MLE,

MLE is on hulhule island. Male town is on the main island. Can swim :p

MNL - depending on where in Metro Manila you want to go. Paranaque is easiest. Makati is possible, but you might get run over by someone first :D

I think you can walk from Ngurah Rai to Kuta , if Kuta counts as downtown

Yes, I think this is the most walkable so far!

My home town of Dundee, Scotland has its airport EGPN a short walkable distance from the city centre, although I prefer arriving in my favourite resort at BKI and also at KLIA.

Well, if your plane lands at BKI LCCT, the airport isn't really that far from town :D

Tanjung Aru 'town' only lah

Die loh if walk all the way to town proper (though I would not be surprised if it has been done before) :D

Toronto city's Billy Bishop airport is separate by a channel. One can get to they city by catching a ferry across, vice versa.

I guess previously in TWU, one can walk to town from the old airport if they wanted to. In LDU I believe one till can if determine enough.

Edited by S V Choong

What about Taipei Songshan (RCSS)? I think this airport is right at the edge of Taipei City.

Lukla in Nepal ...... ???

Las Vegas (KLAS)......???

Tioman & Pangkor .....???

What about the one with highway crossing the runway (sorry could not recall) .....??

:hi:

My friends and I walked from Tower of Pisa all the way to Pisa airport before. Not very far, and can enjoy the city of Pisa at the same time.

Would like to try this when I get there! :)

Die loh if walk all the way to town proper (though I would not be surprised if it has been done before) :D

Walking to Api Api centre from BKI would be quite dangerous because of traffic.

Edited by flyingfish

LDU. The best part is my business partner's office is just across the street.

Walking to Api Api centre from BKI would be quite dangerous because of traffic.

Some daring souls may choose to walk from BKI LCCT to Sutera Harbour Resort, which I think is about the mid point between the airport & Api-Api.

Tanjung Aru 'town' only lah

Haha. Yeah. But Api-api is not very far what hahaha. I've actually seen some foreigners walked towards downtown from BKI LCCT. I'm not sure where they were going to though. I first saw them when I was at the junction going to LCCT. When I came out, I saw them again near Sunny Supermarket :D

Some daring souls may choose to walk from BKI LCCT to Sutera Harbour Resort, which I think is about the mid point between the airport & Api-Api.

If they can afford to stay in Sutera, they probably don't really have to save on taxi fare. But then, there are some many weird People nowadays :D

Sign in to follow this