MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
KK Lee

MAS 777-200 Withdrawal thread

If i'm not mistaken, when MAS was operating BKI/HND, the flight departed from BKI in the midnight and the return flight departed from HND around 8am or 9am or 10am (GMT+9). Looks fine to me ;) Anyway, thank God there are still Dragonair and Asiana Airlines.

i think flee refers to D7 flights

i think flee refers to D7 flights

Yes. I know that but what I was tring to say is, the slot at HND was a good one when MAS still had a right to it. And it makes total sense for a FSC to utilize this much prized slot instead of a LCC.

I think MH has decided to focus on NRT - that was why it switched its LAX flights to NRT instead of TPE.

Previously it had 3 slots plus 1 other slot (originally allocated to Transmile)

I think MH has decided to focus on NRT - that was why it switched its LAX flights to NRT instead of TPE.

Previously it had 3 slots plus 1 other slot (originally allocated to Transmile)

Seems like a pretty screwed up idea to focus on NRT. Business travelers always prefer HND and for those who have been to Tokyo will know, getting out of NRT can be a pain as it is further away and not to mention it is expensive.

Everyone else like CX, SQ, TG, KE flies to both NRT and HND and their flights are pretty full for HND. Or may be Tokyo is just not a money maker for MAS anyway.

9M-MRK Having maint at SZB and all logo and wording already removed. End of lease

Any idea where is it going to next ? Where is her new home ?

9M-MRK Having maint at SZB and all logo and wording already removed. End of lease

Wow. I can't believe it's already started. How weird that the lease for 9M-MRK has ended before 9M-MRA!

Anyway, it looks like MH will only keep enough B772s to cover LHR, CDG, AMS, FRA, AKL and LAX. I reckon IST will go to the A33E and all other destinations currently being served by the B772 will also go to the A33E.

Just for the record, only MRP and MRQ are owned by MH, the rest are all leased.

These 2 birds are less than 8 years old. They should be refurbished to the same standard as the A380 and it will provide some sort of product consistency for the KUL-LHR flights.

Anyway, it looks like MH will only need about 11 or 12 B772s to cover the long-haul routes that the A33E can't.

Wow. I can't believe it's already started. How weird that the lease for 9M-MRK has ended before 9M-MRA!

I'd imagine MRJ, K, L will go first as a few years ago these three had their crew rest area removed and have been dedicated to India, China, Japan, Hong Kong (and previously Australia).

9M-MRK is back in service this is the latest flight,i wonder why the logo and title is removed

• MAS52 seen @ 2012-08-21 18:10 CET on route from KUL to KIX
  • MAS371 seen @ 2012-08-21 06:24 CET on route from PEK to KUL
  • MAS370 seen @ 2012-08-20 18:50 CET on route from KUL to PEK
  • MAS21 seen @ 2012-08-19 12:42 CET on route from CDG to KUL
  • MAS20 seen @ 2012-08-19 02:00 CET on route from KUL to CDG
  • MAS89 seen @ 2012-08-18 10:24 CET on route from NRT to KUL
  • MAS88 seen @ 2012-08-18 04:18 CET on route from KUL to NRT
  • MAS5200 seen @ 2012-08-16 08:18 CET

9M-MRK is back in service this is the latest flight,i wonder why the logo and title is removed

• MAS52 seen @ 2012-08-21 18:10 CET on route from KUL to KIX
  • MAS371 seen @ 2012-08-21 06:24 CET on route from PEK to KUL
  • MAS370 seen @ 2012-08-20 18:50 CET on route from KUL to PEK
  • MAS21 seen @ 2012-08-19 12:42 CET on route from CDG to KUL
  • MAS20 seen @ 2012-08-19 02:00 CET on route from KUL to CDG
  • MAS89 seen @ 2012-08-18 10:24 CET on route from NRT to KUL
  • MAS88 seen @ 2012-08-18 04:18 CET on route from KUL to NRT
  • MAS5200 seen @ 2012-08-16 08:18 CET

Thanks for the info. I really hope they will change their mind and stick to the 772ER until they make up their mind if they want to replace it with the 787 or 350.

A plane's age doesnt always have to be a keyfactor of WFU this plane first.

For example KLM's MD11's. They have PH-KCA till PH-KCK (excp KCJ which doesnt excist).

Last month PH-KCH left, next will be PH-KCI. Here it has to do with flighthours vs. C- or D-Check.

When the flighthours are almost near the next big maintenance check the frame will be the first to be phased out.

The older machines like KCA/KCB/KCC etc. had their heavy checks more recently so can still fly longer without those expensive costs just ahead :)

Maybe its more or less the same with MAS ant the T7s.

With leased aircraft I can imagine some contracts are ending, so if -MRK's leasecontract is ending soon it can be a reason that this is the 1st one to be WFU

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

MRK back in action.. What a flip flop decision...

Remove all logo then they paint back all da logo and wording....

Better check you facts, don't think MRK being back in action is because of flip flop decision making.

Better check you facts, don't think MRK being back in action is because of flip flop decision making.

Anything to do with the MRO PVG incident? I'm not surprised if MRO's the one that's retired first instead of MRK.

Sign in to follow this