MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mike P

D7 to launch KUL - LGW from 24th October 2011 onwards

In addition to this. Jeddah is to be launched after Hari Raya followed by Osaka either to begin by years end or early next year. These are all insider rumours.

Also, Dhaka and Kathmandu are to be operated by D7 Utilizing A321. Not sure when and as to how accurate it is but there is talk and a hint of the A321's coming on board was somewhat mentioned in one of D7's press release. Lets wait and see.

Any reason why?

A lot more European- and Transatlantic/Caribbean connections...

Did a quick check on D7 booking and realise that D7 is also doing Turkmenistan too!

Probably a charter. AirAsia X were only given approval for Beijing, Shanghai, Jeddah and Istanbul. So these new routes will come online once the logistics and aircraft are available. I think the priority amongst these would be Jeddah.

D7 10 Dep KUL 0840 Arr LGW 1440

D7 12 Dep KUL 1450 Arr LGW 2110

So those who want connections should take D7 10 as it arrives in the afternoon.

Any advantages of using LGW over STN?

LGW is EasyJet's hub - so better for connections to Europe.

Trains are faster and cheaper as it is nearer to London.

LGW is more developed as an airport - lots more facilities and not a ghost town after 11 pm.

I believe those who are checking Air Asia sales today should seen this regarding D7 moving to LGW instead of staying in STN...

And A321 for D7???

Airasia is The Best Low Cost Airline & STN Is The Best Low Cost Airport...........why they move??

LGW is EasyJet's hub - so better for connections to Europe.

Trains are faster and cheaper as it is nearer to London.

LGW is more developed as an airport - lots more facilities and not a ghost town after 11 pm.

I thought most people fly with Ryanair.

Nothing wrong with A321...never heard any announcement from them to get such planes...and yet they are long haul...rarely heard A321 as a long haul aircraft...:S

I thought most people fly with Ryanair.

In 2010, STN suffered a drop in passenger traffic. Ryanair is also scaling back on its STN hub and cutting flights. Many in the UK are of the opinion that STN has mishandled a lot of issues and that is why airlines are scaling down their operations there.

Another problem with UK aviation in general is that the Air Passenger Duty (over RM 500 for D7 flights) is way to high. LCCs like Ryanair and EasyJet are moving more of their flights to EU hubs. D7 is splitting its EU flights and flying to Paris too. Even BA itself is considering launching some of its long haul flights from Spain to avoid the high British taxes.

It is not likely that D7 will go for the A321 as it will just complicate fleet planning operations. They already have A332, A333 and A350 types. A321 NEO might be different, though, but that is still a long way away.

It is not likely that D7 will go for the A321 as it will just complicate fleet planning operations. They already have A332, A333 and A350 types. A321 NEO might be different, though, but that is still a long way away.

The reason why I heard they are getting the A321 regardless of NEO or not, I'm still talking about the A321 is because Dhaka and Kathmandu were mentioned too big too be operated by the A330 and they rather use the A330's on longer routes hence why the A321 had been mentioned. But we'll just wait and see.

The reason why I heard they are getting the A321 regardless of NEO or not, I'm still talking about the A321 is because Dhaka and Kathmandu were mentioned too big too be operated by the A330 and they rather use the A330's on longer routes hence why the A321 had been mentioned. But we'll just wait and see.

So if an A330 is too big then why not give the route to AK?

So if an A330 is too big then why not give the route to AK?

I think AK has already mentioned before that they rather do shorter turn around routes and I honestly wouldn't really know the actual reason as to why. I'l try to find out from someone inside and see what they say.

A318, A319, 320 and A321 have the same crew rating. Apart from pax number, fleet planning and support should be straight forward especially if A321 is assigned to DAC and KTM only.

Sign in to follow this