MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
zeqa

RBA suspends AKL, BNE, PER, SGN and KCH

http://www.bruneiair.com/blog/2011/06/21/royal-brunei-airlines-announces-route-suspensions-as-part-of-stabilisation-plan/

Route Suspensions as Part of Stabilisation Plan

Posted June 21st, 2011

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

21st June 2011

Royal Brunei Airlines Announces Route Suspensions as Part of Stabilisation Plan

Royal Brunei Airlines (“RBA”) today announced that the company is moving forward with a comprehensive and sustainable plan to improve its operations, financial performance and customer service experience.

As part of the plan, services to Auckland, Brisbane, Perth and Ho Chi Minh City will be suspended effective after the last scheduled flights of October 2011. Flights to Kuching will also be suspended after the last scheduled flight of July 2011.

“It was not an easy decision to reduce RBA’s route network. However, it is the first step towards creating a stronger foundation that will allow the airline to enhance our value to customers, employees, and society,” stated airline Deputy Chairman Dermot Mannion.

Passengers who have purchased tickets for travel on suspended flights are asked to contact the travel agent where they purchased their tickets or their nearest Royal Brunei Airlines ticketing office.

For passenger inquiries, the Royal Brunei Airlines ticketing offices may be contacted at:

Brunei

+673 2333 333

Kuching

+60 082-453422

Auckland

+64 9 977 2209

Brisbane

+61 7 3017500

Perth

+61 8 93218757

Ho Chi Minh City

+84 8 2221 7633

For media inquiries, please contact:

Corporate Communications

Royal Brunei Airlines Sdn Bhd

Tel: 2240010

Fax: 2223115

Email: edmedia@rba.com.bn

Share/Bookmark

I thought RBA is doing OK on the Australian route? :huh:

hahas!! Zeqa, you beat me to few seconds...lolx!!

Seems like RBA is SERIOUSLY GOING DOWN HILL (again) =@ .....five destinations to be cut!!! Kuching and Ho Chi Minh City are no surprise but Perth, Brisbane and Auckland??? The whole Oceania destinations dropped from five to ONE only!!! :( :(

Edited by JuliusWong

I'm very grateful BKI is retained (for now) :D

With BKI twice a day (and AK presumably using the earlier rights of the BKI flights to do a double daily from KUL), I'm sure it is feeding into BI's various other routes.

But this just hints about the bad shape BI is in. Must be suffering from serious cash flow haemorrhage.

Your insinuation being that there are actually people going AK on KUL/BWN and vv to connect onto BI's route network ? :blink:

Wow ! Wonder what sort of transit time margin can reasonably be factored in ?!

I suppose if it's leisure travel with no urgent deadlines to keep up to ..... :D

Undercapacity! They failed to fill up 772 on AKL and BNE. Maybe they will start those routes once they get new aircraft which suited with their demands.

KUCHING HIT BY MEGA SHOCK WAVE

KUCHING, Tue - An amazing shock wave ripped through the housing area of Tabuan Jaya and it's surrounding area believed to have been caused by a distraught English teacher who just discovered that his favourite airline will suspend all operation into Kuching International Airport by July. The damage from the shock wave has yet to be ascertained by there were temporary suspension of all flights landing and taking off from Kuching Airport.

WHY???? WHY????

WHY???? WHY????

hahas!! Someone please call the ambulance!! Our Cikgu kena heart attack!! (choi!!)

It was a no brainer for RBA in getting those B777s onboard. Wrong aircraft= Too much capacity. They should've gone for A330 at least or newer B767. The inaugural MEL return flight came back to BWN with 70+ pax onboard, out of 285 seating capacity. Even having their flight full, most are cheap fares, how are they gonna to cover cost of goods sold?? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know it is not sustainable.

They have A320 on Perth and Shanghai route being a full fare carrier! A freaking 6 hours on a narrowbody is not a funny joke. And with abysmal marketing plan with no strategic plan, RBA is just waiting for another slaughter. Revenue management team is nil. Trust me, even with B787 coming onboard, I doubt that they can be any better unless those revenue management, CRM and other related systems are put in place.

With likes of MH, SQ and EK having slew of new aircraft and top notch amenities, RBA's product and service are far behind those of competitors. Lets see whats next....RBA, giving the world Asia's best.

Edited by JuliusWong

WHY???? WHY????

Haha, overreacting? KCH records the lowest yield and lowest frequency for RBA. So I won't be surprised. I would rather thin MasWings could manage this route well with daily ATR service.

I'm very grateful BKI is retained (for now) :D

Same here! I thought they cut BKI too when i read the title ... :o Just bought a RBA ticket two days ago. Have even booked the hotel! Lucky me :p

Even ex-SQ exec (RBA current CEO) can't apply one or two of SQ recipe for success! :help:

Could you be referring to Mr Robert Yang ?

Could you be referring to Mr Robert Yang ?

urgh...the man resign from RBA already? Now everything make sense now! Sorry for the wrong quote... :o

urgh...the man resign from RBA already? Now everything make sense now! Sorry for the wrong quote... :o

He dropped the bombshell early last March, much to dismay of some industry insider. He was about to set the house right. sadly....

Edited by JuliusWong

BKI could also be affected now that BKI has direct service to PER and BI cutting PER, BNE and AKL...all 3 destination which I'm sure are popular with EX-BKI passengers...I guess only time will tell...

There goes the royal yellow banana plane out of kuchings sight <_>

RBA and MAS are just like 'twin sisters' .......... No different at all ........ if you know what I mean ..... :rolleyes:

:hi:

Prove it <_<

Home market too small; they should promote their connectivity even more (via BWN) and sell cheaper fares to attract business; even better: join an Alliance... :pardon:

Home market too small; they should promote their connectivity even more (via BWN) and sell cheaper fares to attract business; even better: join an Alliance... :pardon:

I doubt it'll happen. The management just can't be bothered. The country's leader also can't be bothered. Better shut down the airline.

..... they should promote their connectivity even more (via BWN) and sell cheaper fares to attract business;.....

Even cheaper than now ? Oh goody ! :lol:

..... Better shut down the airline

Don like dat bah :p

Needless to say, Mai my wife, was shocked to read the 'news' about suspending the SGN route: she had been station-manager for BI for years at Tan Son Nhat, prior to her moving to the Netherlands... :blink: