MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Norman

Saying GoodBye to King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud

King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud,

of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

made an official visit to Malaysia on

30th January - 1st February 2006

His Highness arrival wasn't officially covered by MW's spotters.

Thus, his departure after an eventful visit to this country was covered fully by MW's spotters, TK, T Azahan and me :D

First to depart of His Highness four-aircraft entourage is this

Boeing 767, N767A at 1255hrs

IPB Image

Next is this A340, HZ-124 at 1310hrs

IPB Image

His Royal Highness official carrier B747, HZ-HM1A took off at

exactly 1445hrs as scheduled

IPB Image

Last to leave of the entourage is this B777, VP-BRH (previous owner

Raffique Harriri of Lebonan) took-off at 1538hrs

IPB Image

Thank you for the pictures. At least the royal visit will not be forgotten. aviation-wise.

Actually there were six aircraft. You missed a Saudia B744 and a G-IV. Thery were all there in the morning, about 7:15 when I was taxiing out for BKI. When I come back only the 747 and 777 remains. The 747 was at the Bunga Raya, boarding while the 777 was at the A-remote being prepared.

We should have come spotting on Monday. :( :( :(

fuyohh!!!! Delta Seventy ER has shown its magic! very good quality u have there bro! i upload mine soon. s#1t missed that '1Abdullah' by seconds. thot arabs always take their time. but this king was punctual to the dot. 1445 not to start engine but 1445 to initiate take off roll! awesome punctuality! and they always come in style.

Norman, simply stunning stuff sir!

Azahan, can't wait for your contribution.

When a Gulfstream just isnt enough :p

hehehehe well. when you have over 350 members of your delegation and book out 70% of a leading 5-star hotel in KL, you gotta come with style..

Saw all these planes there on Tuesday nite, opposite A wing and by the Bunga Raya complex. There were 5-6 aircraft by my count, but couldn't really see from the aerotrain.. too dark.. and no camera! oops!

Wow, so many Saudis coming, and its not Arab season yet in KL!

But how can anyone be surprise, Saudi is one of the richest country in the world, and its not a democracy. The USA despite being the richest country, the President still has to answer to his people if he were to fly in such style.

Didn't know the late Rafique Hariri plane is in Saudis hands now. It use to be blue in colour right?

with too many funny antennas on a340, i guess the saudi can even do satellite calls to the moon. :D :D

You think ordering briyani is easy ah at 30'000 feet...must have direct satellite link to the "briyani broker" :D :D

...alas...he said mine had too little meat and chicken.... :( :(

Fitri,

Rumour has it...the entire SAUD family will be coming to Malaysia in August for their holidays (after Geneva of course...yearly pilgrimage there for these guys)

You know..its funny...i thought Malaysia's economy would grow mainly due to our own economic and financial achievements...but who would've thought arab tourism would be one of the main contributors! Malaysia Boleh! :D

With 350+ pax who I suppose are very wealthy and travel in nothing less than First Class, no single B747 can fit them all!

I was late. Damn!! :angry: :angry: I already missed the 762 and 340 and when I turned into Bunga Raya, I was practically racing with '1Abdullah' side by side. She was so clean and beautiful. As if it just came out from the showroom. I won the race. But by the time I snatched my Delta, she was gone......

So I only got this one....... B) B) Isn't she gorgeous. Yummy Yummy!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Arab ruled Rwy 14R yesterday.........

Imran!! :angry: Don't you have anything else to send? Always 'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'......'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'......'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'....'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'.

IPB Image

Thank you for the pictures. At least the royal visit will not be forgotten. aviation-wise.

Actually there were six aircraft. You missed a Saudia B744 and a G-IV. Thery were all there in the morning, about 7:15 when I was taxiing out for BKI. When I come back only the 747 and 777 remains. The 747 was at the Bunga Raya, boarding while the 777 was at the A-remote being prepared.

We should have come spotting on Monday. :( :( :(

Thanks for the correction Capt. So it was a 6-aircraft entourage after all :D

So by 1100hrs, 2 already left hmmmm.. :(

By the time you came back from BKI we were still "basking" under the hot sun :lol: :lol:

Waiting for the Royal 74 & ER to depart :D

Azahan,

That nose shots is fantastic... guess what behind those "blocked-off" windows :huh: :unsure:

& thanks for the tips while in cowboy town B)

Guys,

Thanks for kind words... hopefully can edit some of the "co- :lol: lateral shots"

during the Royal Spotting... :lol:

Guys,

I was at the anjung tinjay on the 30th January 2006 around 1730hrs. Saw the number one and two pic plane parking. I manage to take the picture using my camere phone. but when load it in the computer, it sucks!. the picture hancur!... no quality.. so shame to post it here. I t really trigget me out what airline is that or who's airplane is that. Far-far away near the gate A10 saw two Queen of the sky. Hmm i thought it was charter for Haj people.

To Abg Norman: Nice pic... :lol:

To Azahan: Nice Pic... :D

thumbs up for you guys....

-cheers-

Great Shots guys! what a big entourage.. hmmm... wonder how much it costs them just for one return journey like this to KL.. must be mad.. wouldnt it be grat if we could afford all these luxuries? can fly M-Wings members to all sorts of places just for spotting :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Imran!! Don't you have anything else to send? Always 'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'......'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'......'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'....'Donkey', 'Echo' or 'Foxtrot'.

yah, EK always sent in these three Triples... ;)

our friend Imran is still sleeping..

Nice shots from Both of you guys...as for Norman, the seventythreehundred works fine with the Delta70/ER.

just like any camera or lense....when the sun is good...sure Ok wan... B)

Yes, TK... light was good that day... so SeventyThreeHundred showed its strength on the Delta/ER :lol: :lol:

Here are some collateral shots during the Royal Spotting :D

Initially it was a single runway ops on 14R... I was enjoying myself :D

IPB Image

These are my "first"

IPB Image

They departed when 14R Takeoff / 14L Landing

IPB Image

IPB Image

;)

Sign in to follow this