MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Where would you like MW's 5th Anniversary to be held ?

Please, give your valued reaction before 01 February 2010...

I agreed, why not consider other destinations other than KUL? ..Perhaps can consider doing a voting system here?

Edited by Kenneth T

Places where traffic is heavy and interesting:

1 HKG

2 SIN

3 BKK

Places where traffic is unusual:

1 HAN

2 SGN

SIN has the advantage as we can make a day trip! :)

Sin is nice.. but with the big crowd gathering, would security be a problem or being asked to leave by the singa version of bulis? :huh:

I think it should be held at all locations where there are more than 2+ members PER, SYD, MEL,SIN,HKG,KUL,AMS,Tokyo etc... :rolleyes: So we can all members RTW can post pics of planes or buses with wings in one thread in Observation. :rolleyes:

I think it should be held at all locations where there are more than 2+ members PER, SYD, MEL,SIN,HKG,KUL,AMS,Tokyo etc... :rolleyes: So we can all members RTW can post pics of planes or buses with wings in one thread in Observation. :rolleyes:

Bro, you took the "down south" very seriously ah? :p

Anyway, IMHO practically we should try to do it in SIN this time due to traffic and accessibility. Bulis or not we'll have to find out but based on current situation it's not going to be worst than KUL. BKI does not have the traffic to justify a visit unless you are looking for other things to enjoy i.e. cheap seafood nice beaches and Korean Karaoke.

So I vote SIN-city. If this is successful maybe we can try other more exotic destinations like Phuket, Hanoi and Saigon, even Hong Kong in the future. Those places may require a night's stay.

Up to now, SIN is leading... :pardon:

Can any of the SIN-members advise 'group of people' not allowed on Changi Beach ? :huh:

The beach is public-area, right, so I would think it shouldn't be a problem...

Keep your proprosals comin' please !!! ;)

I'd go for SIN anytime over any airports in Malaysia for spotting fulfillment. SIN has traffic that many airports in Malaysia can only dream of and that makes us spotters trigger-happy :) Might even need another 4GB memory card and another battery if SIN's the chosen one.

I personally prefer SIN instead of BKK for this up-coming anniversary event, when there no others airport in Malaysia best for spotting currently...

with a day trip down south by air within range of MYR250 return, I wish can go...

BTW, folks, do not forget to check world cup schedule first ea...hehe

BKI anyone?

Its time we all fly to Kota Kinabalu (BKI)

Sounds good idea....

lol... must be kidding you guys. <_>

anyway, IMHO, beside of spotting we also can make a group "visit"/walkaround of the town instead of only spotting then makan and chao. <_ dunno lar... src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:">

I'm for BKI(Kota Kinabalu)

another empty vote. haha...

perhap we BKI make a branch gathering over here rather than waste money to fly far.

Can any of the SIN-members advise 'group of people' not allowed on Changi Beach ? :huh:

The beach is public-area, right, so I would think it shouldn't be a problem...

I don't see a problem at Changi beach as it is a public place as u mentioned. Easily accessible by public transport. And lotsa peoples n families (many groups of people) go there during the weekend. Good for morning and afternoon spotting (gotta walk a bit).

Guys, let's confirm this early so that everyone can have ample time to plan for their trip.