MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

Emergency on AK50

According to report, flight AK50 from KUL - MFM encountered problem when they were about to reach MFM. The pilot saw that the indicator showed all doors were opened prior to landing and informed the tower about this. POB 148.

According to report, flight AK50 from KUL - MFM encountered problem when they were about to reach MFM. The pilot saw that the indicator showed all doors were opened prior to landing and informed the tower about this. POB 148.

What is POB stand for?

Ya, it's pax on board. Not the right acronym?

Yea, What actually happen?

Few topic of AK incidents being posted recently without proper justification...!!!

Best Regards.

Yea, What actually happen?

Few topic of AK incidents being posted recently without proper justification...!!!

Best Regards.

Sorry for my poor translation. It was a short news on one of the local daily and I figured better to translate as much as I can rather than putting the whole article here in Chinese. Bottom line is it was reported on the news, not from some who call themselves pilots!

Why it is so important to report to the control tower the POB prior to landing?

Guess in the event of real emergency, it's important to know how many people they are dealing with..

Why it is so important to report to the control tower the POB prior to landing?

In case of emergency, the rescue would know how to respond according to the number of passengers. From my point of view la...

Yes, they have to account for everyone in case there is a crash, etc. If everyone is accounted for, the rescue workers will not need to endanger their own lives unnecessarily.

In case of emergency, the rescue would know how to respond according to the number of passengers. From my point of view la...

They usually like to have an idea of roughly how much resources will be needed so they won't be caught by surprise..

Edited by Cheng Long

Sorry for my poor translation. It was a short news on one of the local daily and I figured better to translate as much as I can rather than putting the whole article here in Chinese. Bottom line is it was reported on the news, not from some who call themselves pilots!

Just paste it or mentioned the news program name as local daily consists of hundreds, I'm sure lots of people could understand that its from a reliable source rather than improper assumptions or irrelevant updates from unreliable sources...CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG...

Regards

Just paste it or mentioned the news program name as local daily consists of hundreds, I'm sure lots of people could understand that its from a reliable source rather than improper assumptions or irrelevant updates from unreliable sources...CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG...

Regards

Chinese?

Chinese?

They asked for it.. but wondering how many of us here can read Chinese?

They asked for it.. but wondering how many of us here can read Chinese?

For sure the next post will be "please translate into English". :angry:

At which stage the POB/SOB will be reported? Radar? Control? Approach? or Arrival?

Let me try to answer :pardon: ?. Normally POB information and aircraft registration are requested before Approach (Landing) and before Clearance (Takeoff). Correct ah, Captain ? :rolleyes:

Not everywhere needs POB/SOB to be reported.

As I know only Singapore Radar 1st Contact and during clearance delivery , Malaysia report to ground control and Aussie if its not public transport a/c need to report POB/SOB. Of cos, these are in normal operations.

Not everywhere needs POB/SOB to be reported.

As I know only Singapore Radar 1st Contact and during clearance delivery , Malaysia report to ground control and Aussie if its not public transport a/c need to report POB/SOB. Of cos, these are in normal operations.

What is clearance delivery?

When approaching airport such as from KLIA to Changi, what is the sequence of communication involved? Radar--> Control--> Approach--> Arrival-->Tower--> Ground? What about delivery ?

Sign in to follow this