MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas Wan

MH131 30DEC AKL-KUL

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT HAPPEN TO MY FLIGHT JUST NOW FROM AKL-KUL.

WHILE WAITING FOR PAX TO BOARD THE PLANE.....THE AERO-BRIDGE COLLAPSE

AND DAMAGE THE WHOLE DOOR AND ARCF SKIN. THE WHOLE DOOR WAS DRAG DOWNWARD. THE ENGINEER TOLD ME AIR ZEALAND HAS NO SPARE DOOR AND WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR KUL TO SEND ANOTHER DOOR. NOW STUCK HERE TILL NEXT YEAR. WAIT TILL I REACH HOME AND TRY TO UPLOAD SOME PICTURE I TOOK FROM MY PDA.....NOT VERRY CLEAR

Wow...horrendous news indeed!! blink.gif

And will AKL compensate for their mishap?

Edit: what a/c type is that?

Edited by Y. J. Foo

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT HAPPEN TO MY FLIGHT JUST NOW FROM AKL-KUL.

WHILE WAITING FOR PAX TO BOARD THE PLANE.....THE AERO-BRIDGE COLLAPSE

AND DAMAGE THE WHOLE DOOR AND ARCF SKIN. THE WHOLE DOOR WAS DRAG DOWNWARD. THE ENGINEER TOLD ME AIR ZEALAND HAS NO SPARE DOOR AND WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR KUL TO SEND ANOTHER DOOR. NOW STUCK HERE TILL NEXT YEAR. WAIT TILL I REACH HOME AND TRY TO UPLOAD SOME PICTURE I TOOK FROM MY PDA.....NOT VERRY CLEAR

22302[/snapback]

No joke! Is this a 747 or 777 flight? Would it be nice if the AKL airport authorities replaces the flight with a NZ 747 or their brand new 777 biggrin.gif

Cheer up Nicholas ... you'll reach home in no time! Be patient bro!

Horrendous or what ???

Were anyone hurt by the mishap ?

There goes another incident for MAS (no fault of theirs I hope)!!!!!

Next year is just two days away....so not too long a waitlaa!!!!!

Pitty MAS and the stranded pax tho!!

MAS should wet-lease some alternative ( ANZ ?) for these passengers (and send the bill to the airport authorities, if it's NOT MH's fault), or position a substitute from KUL: might be cheaper, afterall, than putting everyone into hotels, etc...

Guess, the flight was fully booked, because of the upcoming New Year festivities ?

Glad to hear, Nicholas, you're well and not hurt by this mishap wink.gif

it's a 747. Saw it today (30DEC about 1700NZDT, 1200MYST) parked in Air New Zealand Engineering Hangar.

Was suprised to see it. Parked in the Hangar with a bit of angle too, tail sticking out. I was too far away to see the rego. and didn't have my camera at that time...(damn).

MW members, go get photo updates there, cheer up, at least u know u have something to share with us up here tongue.gif

ahh, thats sad!

I'm awaiting for pictures, wonder how that'll look like.

Luckily the aerobridge did not collapse when passengers are boarding.

Nicholas, where were you when it collapse? In the plane? If can describe how it happened, must be a hair raising experience.

That can't be good. sad.gif

Does anyone know how AKL airport is looking like now? I read in Australian Aviation Nov issue that AKL airport is planning to put in a new level dedicated to departure and the existing level to arrival? huh.gif

I'm not sure how it will work with 2 separate levels. wink.gif

maybe the bridges have doors closed and open and stairs to commute to lower level.

KLIA's top floor is for departure, and lower levels for arrival. Is that what you meant?

Edited by Walter Sim

maybe the bridges have doors closed and open and stairs to commute to lower level.

KLIA's top floor is for departure, and lower levels for arrival. Is that what you meant?

22368[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply Walter.

Hmmm...I was thinking along that line but due to limited space in AKL airport I wonder how they will go about it. It's possible I guess but it will probably feel quite cramped and congested during peak period.

Anyone got anymore news regarding the aerobridge collapsing? I couldn't find anymore news online.

Nicholas, thanks for bringing us the news. I am now in Wellington. Hmm.. didn't catch the news today.

Perhaps we could meet up sometime along with S Chang and Raj the next time you come to AKL again?

I'm not sure how it will work with 2 separate levels
I believe it will be like BNE, which has a sort of scissor style airbridge. One walkway goes down for arrivals, and the other comes from the floor above and both meet at the end, which is a drivable airbridge (ie, it can move in all directions, is simply not just moved out to a/c)

This is no good, and I hope MAS are compensated quite heavily. The firm who own AKL, should be made to wet lease an a/c to get the stranded pax home.

The firm who own AKL, should be made to wet lease an a/c to get the stranded pax home.

22383[/snapback]

Exactly what I said, Gibby: either AKL airport or MAS should wet-lease an aircraft to get the stranded passengers out-a-there mad.gif

Pieter, it shouldn't be up to MAS to pay for it. This is totally unacceptable at any international airport for such an occurence! If MAS send a replacement bird, it should be at the airport corps expense.

wah seh mannn... Air NZ keeps no spare 744 doors??? MY MY.... Didn't they steal any from Ansett that time? biggrin.gif

But seriously.. that sounds like metal fatigue... which means that the airport is very poorly maintained... shoddy lah.. lucky no pax boarding..

AKL better pay for it!!! We want Air NZ plane here tomorrow, with MH flight number! Let's go spotting! smile.gif hahahah Nicolas, tell us if you get ah! smile.gif

Liam, looks like this ain't the year for the kiwis.. smile.gif

wait wait..im getting lost here..Nicholas..you r departing from AKL or KUL? MH131 from AKL? howcome you said 'WAITING FOR KUL TO SEND ANOTHER DOOR"..the door made in KUL? blink.gif mellow.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Sorry..really blow d... tongue.gif

wait wait..im getting lost here..Nicholas..you r departing from AKL or KUL? MH131 from AKL? howcome you said 'WAITING FOR KUL TO SEND ANOTHER DOOR"..the door made in KUL?  blink.gif  mellow.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

Sorry..really blow d... tongue.gif

22438[/snapback]

yes still here in akl...all ready to go back kul this afternoon, then traaaakkkkkkkabooooommmm, i am standing near staircase to upperdeck at that time. The inflight superviser was standing near the door while waiting for pax to board the plane and the cleaner just left the the bridge. heard from the engineer here, they asked kul to borrow one from hanger.

No one was hurt...but all the pax...long face

The firm who owns Auckland airport is Menzies Aviation, I believe. The passengers who are stranded at AKL, I would have thought they will be transferred to the next SQ flight? It is peak season now in NZ, getting the next MH flight will not be ideal as it will be really full.

By the way, what is the rego of this particular 744?

a crap shot here... AvSec was around so didn't go near the fence to get better view. anyway, here it is. 31stDEC afternoon

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

viewed frm the observation area. Signboard of Air New Zealand Engineering on far right.

a crap shot here... AvSec was around so didn't go near the fence to get better view. anyway, here it is. 31stDEC afternoon

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

viewed frm the observation area. Signboard of Air New Zealand Engineering on far right.

22603[/snapback]

Thanks for getting us some shot S Chang.

It's not everyday you get to see 2x MAS B747 in AKL.

Sign in to follow this