MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hisham Albakri

MH's Hibiscus and Heliconia as compared to

Guys - my apologies if this has been discussed before; but does anyone here knows whether MH's decision to repaint some of their aircrafts to the Hibiscus and Heliconia livery has anything to do or influenced by QF's Wunala and Nalanji (and also Yananyi) Dreaming liveries?

Personally, I find the QF's version much nicer than our own MH's. Somehow I have always had this fascination towards the Oz aboriginal paintings.

I'm not a fan of Hibiscus and Wunala is far better than Hibiscus as far as im concerned.

But Heliconia kicks the soul out of all of them! One of the best !

Don't think it has anything to do with QF Wunala or Nalanji Dreaming. If you think so, you may as well include SQ's tropical c/s in the game. smile.gif

Personally I find MH's Hibiscus and Heliconia better than QF and SQ's schemes. Tropical, Wunala and Nanlanji is somewhat too complicated and loaded, IMO.

Personally I find MH's Hibiscus and Heliconia better than QF and SQ's schemes. Tropical, Wunala and Nanlanji is somewhat too complicated and loaded, IMO.

21324[/snapback]

Totally Agreed !!!! MH's Heliconia has got to be the best special scheme around and the Hibiscus one of the best ever. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Well as for me, all are equal in the sense of creativity! Complicated is one thing, but appreciation over such a humungus flying art is far more facinating hehe.. Complicated to understand? hehe, well that represents Wunala and Nanlanji, as for Hibiscus and Heliconia,..all i have to say is MALAYSIA BULEH. But nevertheless when i first spotted Heliconia flying over kuching airspace, I was damn facinated by the bluish fuselage and how different in appearances it is compared to a normal livery. Its really BEAUTIFULL

Don't forget the special 747 of Suid Afrikaanse Lugdiens: was pretty neat as well wink.gif

sad.gif Oh, man, how I miss 743 ZS-SAJ "Ndizani" rocking up at PER, she was definately a highlight on every rotation, thankfully in her later days she became very frequent on Springbok 280/281 sad.gif Edited by Liam Gibb

hmmm....to be honest, i absolutely hated the hibiscus livery initially.....to me, it looked like a giant rectangular shaped partly eaten pizza...but it has grown on me and now i think its absolutely gorgeous...having seen it here in manchester in the flesh also makes u appreciate the design more

absolutely love wunala, nalanji and yananyi

other personal faves : ANA's Pokemon and Continental's Peter Max

on the other hand, i HATE the heliconia....the blue is gorgeous but there are just too many 'garisans'...annoying as hell laugh.gif

Edited by Jamie H

with my biased aussie opinion, I believe...

Hibiscus is far better!

21404[/snapback]

As a very biased Malaysian ... I reckon both Wunala and Nalanji are much better as it reflects a unique Australian art ... those of the aboriginals from the Aussie outback ... Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi! ... jeez ... I could feel the rotten eggs being pelted by my fellow Malaysians tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't think Yananyi Dreaming is anywhere near both Wunala and Nalanji ... however my all time personal favourite is the VH-OJC, Formula 1, City of Melbourne ... real beauty! I saw this one live in SYD way back in 2002. Sad that QF decided to do away with this livery! By the way Liam, do you know whether QF will repaint any of their existing planes with the Nalanji livery now that VH-EBU is already history?

My other personal favourites, apart from MH's Hibiscus and Heliconia and QF's aboriginal series, includes Thai's royal barge series, NZ's LOTR and All Blacks series, SAA's Ndizani and Ansett's Sydney 2000 series in particular VH-INJ. Real beauties smile.gif

Edited by Hisham Albakri

G'day mate, unsure of any birds going to be popping up in Nalanji anytime soon, but I will agree that Yananyi Dreaming (AKA "The Vomit Comet") is quite disgusting.

Sad to say, TG has only one boat left, A333 HS-TEK, as 744's -TGJ and O now wear new livery.

Okie doke, with no surprises, the most awesome livery i've ever gazed eyes upon, was A320-211 VH-HYB "Sydney 2000" (Sandeep: mad.gif )

Merry Christmas

An answer you'd expect from a self-confessed Anglophile - I prefer neither. I like BA's 'World Tails' scheme best. laugh.gif

G'day mate, unsure of any birds going to be popping up in Nalanji anytime soon, but I will agree that Yananyi Dreaming (AKA "The Vomit Comet") is quite disgusting.

Sad to say, TG has only one boat left, A333 HS-TEK, as 744's -TGJ and O now wear new livery.

Okie doke, with no surprises, the most awesome livery i've ever gazed eyes upon, was A320-211 VH-HYB "Sydney 2000" (Sandeep:  mad.gif )

Merry Christmas

21692[/snapback]

G'day Liam - no new Nalanji?!? mad.gif sad.gif mad.gif Those @#$%&* at QF mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

VH-HYB ... that's the miniature version of the VH-INJ isn't it?!? dry.gif

Happy Boxing Day smile.gif

An answer you'd expect from a self-confessed Anglophile - I prefer neither. I like BA's 'World Tails' scheme best. laugh.gif

21693[/snapback]

So which world tail?!? Nalanji, Wunala or Water Dreaming dry.gif

Uncle Hisham wants to know lah smile.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

Liam.. I don't think you aussie anymore lahh.. already Malaysian mah!

You and Pieter both sama-sama lahh smile.gif a new breed of mat-sallehs smile.gif heheheh

But I agree lah, Hibiscus and Heliconia are truly beautiful to look at wink.gif

Wunala looks kinda funky lah.. its getting a bit old now.. although we all still get excited in Perth when it does make the odd trip... right or not, Liam?!

And Sydney 2000 A320!! Fuaaahhh I was sooo lucky to go on that beautiful birdie! But too bad it landed on 21 at PER... I was looking forward to my first ever 24 approach.. to this day, I still have never made that approach...

I'm like, meh...no preference either way. I don't like special schemes cause they tend to be too complicated. Except maybe the QF 'Commonwealth Games Melbourne 2006' scheme they have on one of their 738s.

I don't really like the blue special scheme on 9M-MRD cause to many vertical lines, kinda like a graph papers glue onto an airplane.........the red one? I like it very much, but the white space at the back kinda, how can I say this, ruin the painting(I think), well, every livery has it's own agenda to send a massage...... like abstract thingy, btw, who design all this livery?

Personally I liked all the special liveries from MH, SQ and QF.

This is my opinion:

MH - I liked the Hibiscus livery because it gives a taste of Malaysia with the national flower Hibiscus. Heliconia also but as the same time the blue colour is rather refreshing in my opinion. (I give them my vote because they are my national carrier).

SQ - Their tropical livery reflects the tropical environment of Singapore. And being such a colourful livery also makes it very nice and stands out.

QF - Reflects Australia with their aboriginal background which makes it unique (and colourful). To some extend I do agree that their liveries are a bit too busy.

Liam.. I don't think you aussie anymore lahh.. already Malaysian mah!

You and Pieter both sama-sama lahh  a new breed of mat-sallehs  heheheh

You know at work the other day, I got asked if one of my parents was asian... tongue.gif

Wunala looks kinda funky lah.. its getting a bit old now.. although we all still get excited in Perth when it does make the odd trip... right or not, Liam?!
Man, tell me about it. Its like everyone's birthday's have all come at once, even when we had her 5 LHR rotations in a row! attn BNE spotters: 2 visits only? hahaha tongue.gif

And Sydney 2000 A320!! Fuaaahhh I was sooo lucky to go on that beautiful birdie!
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

But too bad it landed on 21 at PER... I was looking forward to my first ever 24 approach.. to this day, I still have never made that approach...
I finally got a rwy24 approach a couple of weeks back, however was in 73W VH-VBP...4 times I been on her, out of 7 DJ sectors!! My sister landed on it, 2 days later in a 763! mad.gif

I'm like, meh...no preference either way. I don't like special schemes cause they tend to be too complicated. Except maybe the QF 'Commonwealth Games Melbourne 2006' scheme they have on one of their 738s.
rumours have it Boeing had a giant party popper, and just pulled it laugh.gif Question is, why the hell is the mascot for Commonwealth Games 06 a Black Cockatoo (and where do you pull "Karak" from? Is the Games to be rained out? Typical MEL wx. laugh.gif

Personally, the MH ones, reflect the nation as a whole, unlike QF's which depict a minority.

Personally, the MH ones, reflect the nation as a whole, unlike QF's which depict a minority.

21746[/snapback]

dei lah, they were once the majority whhhaaatt smile.gif

here is a joke for all of you:

When entering Australia, Joe Bloggs, your atypical english pommie geezer was filling out his arrival card for immigration purposes... when he got to the counter, the immigration (customs) officer noted that he didn't answer one of the questions... "Sir, you forgot to answer this question: Do you have any previous criminal convictions?"

the reply from Joe was short, but sweet: "BLIMEY! I didn't realise we still needed one to get in!"

HAHAHA laugh.gif

nothing is more special than ANA Pikachu livery and JAL Mickey Mouse livery!

21779[/snapback]

Really?? I think they are kinda weird... the ANA Blue whale was nice smile.gif I think the worst special livery around is that EVA air Hello Kitty A330! eeee yeeerrr! teruk lah... makes the A330 look like kitty litter!

AirAsia LAT (9M-AAP) and Jalur Gemilang (9M-AAI) are personal favorites of mine... I remember this sign on the ops planning notice board in AXM office:

"Restrict AAI on international sectors - Too nationalistic!"

hahahaha laugh.gif

Sign in to follow this