MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LeeTZ

Singapore Air Show 2010

Unfortunately, missed the AirBaltic DH8-400 and P180 :(

Also, 7X also gone....didn't even wait for the Airshow and went spotting in the afternoon...

Guys, thanks for all your help and accompanying me @ SIN: hope you had a great time from room 808 :)

(do show some shots at the appropriate SIN topic, esp. the 'missed Kingfisher'...)

Hi, would like to share my share of photos from SIN Air Show. This was taken from my blog so ignore the narrative.

Sacrificing my Saturday, I was up as early as 6am to catch this 820a.m. flight to Singapore.

1.jpg

All for the Singapore Air Show; the event ticket bought from the agent in Malaysia for S$21.

2.jpg

Warming up my camera with some shots as the plane approached into Changi.

Chasing the shadow.

4.jpg

Welcome to Singapore

5.jpg

From the budget terminal, I took the free shuttle to Terminal 2 where from there I took the Air Show Shuttle to the Air Show site. All in less than 1 hour despite the huge crowd. Hats off to Singapore’s efficiency.

6.jpg

Crowd management by the organiser was superb.

7.jpg

Flags of participating nations. Malaysia was not there. Not invited or not interested?

8.jpg

There were basically three main areas; the static display, the exhibition hall and the air show demo.

My favorite was the static display. A lot more aircraft from all parts of the world compared to LIMA 2009.

Cute Unmanned MQ-8B

9.jpg

High-tech drone.

10.jpg

There were also many business jets being displayed with potential customers given introductory tour inside the aircrafts. My favorite has always been this baby; Cessna Citation X.

11.jpg

Two main displays as far as civil aircrafts are concerned are the Boeing 737-800 and Airbus A330F.

The Boeing 737-800 with Garuda livery on. A celebrity. Long queue for visitors to visit the cabin. I waited for 20 minutes before giving up.

12.jpg

I just love the winglets on the new generation of 737s. Sexy!

13.jpg

The other cebrity. The brand new A330-200F. Airbus undertook hot-weather tests of its A330-200 freighter aircraft at the Singapore Airshow over the weekend. They got what they asked for. Super hot weather!

14.jpg

One for the album!

15.jpg

Beautiful plane. It may be on Hot Weather test but lots of visitors using the plane to avoid hot weather :p hehe

16.jpg

Military planes were also being displayed with majority being from US Air Force. A rare sight for me as a Malaysian. I decided to queue for 1 hour to go inside THE ROCK.

17.jpg

The plane and crew flew all the way from Arkansas.

18.jpg

The Rock

19.jpg

Huge area inside that can fit anything that can be fit in.

20.jpg

The cockpit.

21.jpg

These are some other beautiful planes; more can be seen on my facebook album.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Then came the Air Show. Interesting live show but still no group formation flying except the F16 and Apache which was the same as the LIMA’s show.

26.jpg

27.jpg

My zoom-lens + camera just could not capture the fast flying jets and I have to settle for something slower.

28.jpg

The indoor exhibition letdown was a big letdown. Since it was a Public Day and those exhibition booths are mainly for Trade Visitors, some of the exhibitors decided to cordon off the areas and just ignore the human flow around their space.

29.jpg

Being able to attend Singapore Air Show 2010 is a personal achievement for me. I have always wanted to witness a big aviation event outside Malaysia and this weekend I’ve managed to fulfill that desire. Next on my target is the Dubai Air Show and perhaps one day Farnborough!

Same there same photos with Nik Farid since we were there together, middle of static display area.

The USAF B-52 suddenly appear when RSAF AH-64 Apache stand-by at another site before F-16 came...

SIN06Feb10_USAF_B-52_05354_edited-1.jpg

SIN06Feb10_USAF_B-52_05355_edited-3.jpg

With heavy crop and still can't see clearly the rego accept "LA" on the tail...

Wohoo!! B-52 :clapping: :clapping: ...cool..must have been really noisy!!

Not really, most of visitor not realise the B-52 passing Changi air space...

SIN06Feb10_USAF_B-52_05359_edited-1.jpg

The B-52 fly in high altitude and just only once,I was hoped for twice same like LIMA but unfortunate not. :sorry:

The most best memory in Singapore AirShow 2010 was this 1,

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05227_edited-1.jpg

Queue under hot and humid weather in afternoon on hot tarmac around 30 minutes with Nik Farid.

While on the queue,manage get this 1,

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05238_edited-2.jpg

Her sister on duty today..hehe..

Most wider I can get,

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05271_edited-2.jpg

The cockpit for public view and take some pictures.

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05277_edited-2.jpg

The cabin with batik as main motif on the seat cushion. PTV in each seat in Economy class, sweet...

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05294_edited-2.jpg

Garuda (GA/GIA), Boeing 737-8U3 (MSN 30140/3129), First Dlight date 17/12/2009, Delivery Date 23/12/09.

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05222_edited-2.jpg

Last, I love this livery so much.

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05215_edited-3.jpg

Thank you :)

SIN06Feb10_PK-GMF_05238_edited-2.jpg

Her sister on duty today..hehe..

nice one bro!! super sexaayyyyyyy....!!! :p

May i ask? Why Singapore a/f name as RSAF? isnt that Royal Singapore Airforce? So where's the royalty came from?

dont you think it suppose to be SAF instead?

correct me if i'm wrong. I'm just curious. Couldnt keep this question playing in me head, that's all.

Republic of Singapore Air Force(RSAF), we've a president and not a monarchy, many people are confused with the Royal Saudi Air Force(RSAF).

HTH.

May i ask? Why Singapore a/f name as RSAF? isnt that Royal Singapore Airforce? So where's the royalty came from?

dont you think it suppose to be SAF instead?

correct me if i'm wrong. I'm just curious. Couldnt keep this question playing in me head, that's all.

Republic of Singapore Air Force(RSAF), we've a president and not a monarchy, many people are confused with the Royal Saudi Air Force(RSAF).

HTH.

Yes,there were some people confused what does RSAF mean;they thought the Republic of Singapore Air Force is (RoSAF),just like Republic of Korea Air Force (RoKAF).Perhaps they thought there's a monarchy in Singapore,after the establishment of independent Singapore in 1965,but they forget that Singapore is actually a Republic.Sorry for the OT here :pardon:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Small contribution from me.

Taken at BKI T2. HS-TOM Piper. No info from A.net I think.

BKI_HSTOM_0677.jpg

Gulfstream lineup.

SIN_GULF_1042.jpg

SIN_PKBVD_1039.jpg

Not a very nice rego. :p

SIN_FOKES_0750.jpg

Likewise this one. :p

SIN_FOKFF_0745.jpg

SIN_RPC618_0747.jpg

Some more coverage of the Airshow from me :)

Flight Deck of Airbus A330-200 Freighter F-WWYE

1651741.jpg

An RSAF F-16 and AH-64 Apache doing a tango

1651740.jpg

RAAF F-111 Aardvark doing a "Dump & Burn"

1651739.jpg

- Vivek

Late post from me...was there on the last trade day.

It was really hot in the mid noon and not many people were around the 738...and the lone guard let me in. A million thanks to him!

"Welcome to Garuda Airlines" they greeted me :)

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

A330F gives birth to a baby A330F

DSC_0051.jpg

the ultimate place to make a marriage proposal :p

DSC_4288.jpg

Potential pilots get a tour of the front..just like a scene at a car dealership where the buyer gets a feel at the drivers side and the SA explains the functions.

DSC_4314.jpg

while potential buyers get a tour at the back.

DSC_4316.jpg

inside the Chinhook

DSC_4266.jpg

DSC_9962.jpg

DSC_9967.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

At night, watching planes on 02L/R final approach from my balcony.

DSC_0265.jpg

more photos can be seen from my facebook album here ...the photos are not as good as taken by the "taikos" in MW though

Hopefully to see you guys again in two years time back here in Singapore, 14-19 February 2012.

Only, when there will be more aircraft FLYING; this time, that was minimal, unfortunately :(

I concur the SA2008 was much more better compared to SA2010 in terms of flight display.

Cheers.

Only, when there will be more aircraft FLYING; this time, that was minimal, unfortunately :(

You were lucky to see her fly... ;)

When I visited the show, she was 'sick'... :(