MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robert

New MAS Ticket Office at Sentral

This seems to have been missed from last month:

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/19379

Malaysia: Malaysia Airlines Opens One-stop Ticket Centre At KL Sentral

Headline Business 2008-12-18 17:35

Tan Sri Dr Munir Majid officially opening the ticket office during the ribbon cutting ceremony. Flanking him: Dato Seri Idris Jala – MAS MD/CEO.

Tan Sri Dr Munir receiving his e-ticket.

1 of 2KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA: The newly upgraded Malaysia Airlines ticket office in KL Sentral, a one-stop centre that offers everything one needs for travel, was opened on 15 Dec 08.

Occupying 3,800 square feet, Malaysia Airlines' flagship store boasts 27 counters manned by 60 staff, offering all services for the national carrier, Firefly, MASwings, Enrich, Golden Holidays, and more, the airlien said in a statement Thursday (18 Dec).

Staff can also assist customers with ticket refunds, application for Australian visas and even handle medical cases. On top of this, the opening hours are long, from 4.30am to midnight daily to ensure that customers' travel needs are taken care of.

Opening the flagship store, Malaysia Airlines Chairman, Tan Sri Dr Munir Majid said the national carrier is committed to ensure that the customer's travel experience is seamless all the way.

"This one stop centre will make it easy for customers, and even travel agents to conduct all the necessary transactions. We have a bigger waiting area, dedicated counters, and up to 60 staff on 3 shifts to ensure that we can better serve our customers," he added.

Refreshed with MH=Malaysian Hospitality's colourful look and feel which reflects the multi ethnicity of the country, the ticket centre looks warm and inviting, a perfect place to cater to more than 20,000 customers, including travel agents, every month.

"More and more people prefer to do their transactions at KL Sentral, and our sales have increased 420% since we started operations in 2002. It makes perfect sense to upgrade the centre to cater to the increase in demand and offer the entire suite of products and services that we have," he added.

Munir also said the ticket centre is part of Malaysia Airlines' plan to intensify and consolidate its ticketing operations in the Klang Valley.

"Our focus is customer convenience. As such, our plan is to have two centrally located one-stop centres, the flagship store in KL Sentral to cater to customers in the city and surroundings, and another in Subang Skypark for those in the suburbs.

"Work on the ticket office in Subang Skypark will begin next week and we expect to open our doors in February 2009." (MySinchew)

I never been inside the new ticketing office in KL Sentral but has passed by that place many times. I didn't know that there is an Enrich counter inside. I still paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail to claim for my missing miles. Oh, and the ticketing office in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail is closed down for good.

I never been inside the new ticketing office in KL Sentral but has passed by that place many times. I didn't know that there is an Enrich counter inside. I still paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail to claim for my missing miles. Oh, and the ticketing office in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail is closed down for good.

This KL Sentral office has been extended and now has many more counters. I think the Enrish counter was added as part of this extension.

The new ticketing office as seen from the check-in area in KL Sentral.

DSC07115.jpg

The check-in facility in KL Sentral has also being improved with the instalment of this machine. Earlier, an ERL staff will be stationed there to stamp on the train ticket before allowing passengers to pass through to the check-in counters. I am not sure how the procedure is done now after the instalment of the machine, as I have yet to try it.

DSC07116.jpg

DSC07117.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA: The newly upgraded Malaysia Airlines ticket office in KL Sentral, a one-stop centre that offers everything one needs for travel, was opened on 15 Dec 08.

Occupying 3,800 square feet, Malaysia Airlines' flagship store boasts 27 counters manned by 60 staff, offering all services for the national carrier, Firefly, MASwings, Enrich, Golden Holidays, and more, the airlien said in a statement Thursday (18 Dec).

"This one stop centre will make it easy for customers, and even travel agents to conduct all the necessary transactions. We have a bigger waiting area, dedicated counters, and up to 60 staff on 3 shifts to ensure that we can better serve our customers," he added.

"More and more people prefer to do their transactions at KL Sentral, and our sales have increased 420% since we started operations in 2002. It makes perfect sense to upgrade the centre to cater to the increase in demand and offer the entire suite of products and services that we have," he added.

The truth:

- On a normal day, almost all counters at the inner side/second section of the ticketing office are closed, leaving only about 14 of the 27 counters being operated.

- It is NOT a one stop center. For Enrich related transactions, my questions were asnwered like the followings:

On Missing Enrich Miles

Me: I want to claim some missing miles.

MH KL Sentral: For missing miles, this office only help to collect the actual boarding pass and we will post it to the Enrich customer service center.

Me: So, I need to go to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail if I want the matter to be resolved on the spot, like always?

MH KL Sentral: Yes.

On Enrich Redemption

Me: I would like to make a redemption now, for a flight tomorrow.

MH KL Sentral: You need to make a booking through our Customer Care Hotline.

Me: Can you help me make the booking through your system?

MH KL Sentral: No, I can't. It can only be made through the hotline.

Me: But I thought this is the FLAGSHIP office?

MH KL Sentral: Yes it is, but we don't handle such matter through the counter.

I then spent the next 15 minutes waiting for my phone call to be picked up by the very busy telephone service agent and was turned down because

Telephone Agent: You can't make an Enrich redemption for a flight on such a short notice.

Me: But I've done this before. The last redemption I made was exactly 24 hours before the departure time of the flight - no problem.

Telephone Agent: I am sorry, it can't be done.

Me: So it can't be done through the counter and it can be done here. So where should I make a redemption?

Telephone Agent: Through the hotline.

Me: So if there's anything that you can help me with my request?

Telephone Agent: I can't do anything.

???

I then happily spent about MYR 4,000 with www.emirates.com NO HEARTACHE.

Amusing experience there Azizul. I have no further heartache with Malaysian Airline System Berhad and its subsidiaries since I quit flying that exquisite airline for the past one year and a half :)

My only memorable time with counter service was when I wanted to make a seat selection, but was told to call their prestigeous callcentre because thay can't do it over the counter through their multi million ringgit state-of-the-art computer system.

BTW, I find it strange that Malaysian Airline System Berhad would want to hide the interior of flagship store from the eyes of passers by, by pasting stickers with huge pictures of its award-winning cabin crew all over the glass windows. For a 5-star airline of extraordinary prestige, I think they should showcase the contents and all the glory of its store to everone that passes by at KL's main transportation hub.

Pretty appalling experience there...

The truth:

- On a normal day, almost all counters at the inner side/second section of the ticketing office are closed, leaving only about 14 of the 27 counters being operated.

It's not just with MH though. I reckon it's a Malaysian thing... :rolleyes:

How right, just go to Emirates! You'll get a better product.

Thanks for the business ;)

I felt so sorry with Mr MAR case... Seem like the situation never been improved also the effective, even with "new" FLAGSHIP office and cutting edge technology,, still require us to call here and there just to made simple trans-section and redeem... I dont know how long it take for them to learn others company efficiency to deliver customers satisfaction... Im not talking about entire organization, just some of them need to learn more...

Emm Mr. MAR, the MYR 4k ticket for vv sector to/from ME region ke??which classit is??

Typical MAs isn't it? It seems to be the culture, carried over when it is just a government-owned company....no, wait a minute, it is still now a predominantly government owned company...

Typical MAs isn't it? It seems to be the culture, carried over when it is just a government-owned company....no, wait a minute, it is still now a predominantly government owned company...

Hahahaha :clapping: GLC normal lah!

I had the same experience with you Mohd Azizul Ramli. I fly with MAS on the KUL-LHR sector every 2 months and sometimes my points were not recorded as i did not show my enrich card upon check in which i know is my fault. I went to KL Sentral to claim my miles and that was the exact same conversation i had with MAS KL Sentral.

Jln Sultan Ismail office for Enrich is the best i have to say everything is done on the spot and they are so helpful. They told me that i qualified for Enrich Gold and I even got my Enrich card upgraded to Enrich Gold on the spot and they gave me the membership pack. This is what i expect a flagship store - KL Sentral should be providing. Truly 5 Star service.

azizul..i have given up on enrich since they have wasted my time whenever i tried to claim miles. plus i forgot to update my enrich membership which resulted in me losing lots of miles.

singapore airlines - on the other hand....faultless. I cannot believe why i was such a loyal dog to MH over the 12 years i have been in the UK. i refused to fly SQ cos i wanted our national airline to prosper. now i realise that there are much better and CHEAPER options around.

look at the state MH is in - i mentioned it last year or the year before - once MH ran out of assets to sell - it will stop making money! cutting costs in the wrong places will result in that - this is not an oil company. it is an airline - so-called 5 star one at that!

no point lying to the public - there are many many examples of five star airlines flying in and out of KLIA. we can see for ourselves.

MH have also successfully driven away all their loyal customers by not listening and cheating ppl of hard earned money for so called FSVC services - 30% reduction in pax numbers over the first quarter of 2009! That is significant and is NOT due to the recession.

I feel sorry for the hardworking staff of MH who have been so patient to the management and work tirelessly to be ambassadors for the country....unfortunately, GLCs in Malaysia reward failure with titles and MORE money (e.g. MAHB and MAS).

sorry for the rant...

Edited by Izanee

sorry for the rant...

nothing to feel sorry about. What you said is right

I feel sorry for the hardworking staff of MH who have been so patient to the management and work tirelessly to be ambassadors for the country....unfortunately, GLCs in Malaysia reward failure with titles and MORE money (e.g. MAHB and MAS).

So I wasnt the only one who was surprised some titles were dished out to a head honcho of the GLC you mentioned. For what? The state of toilets at KLIA is a good place to start comparing with other real top airports. The satellite building renovation is going at a snail's pace, many months delayed compared to original schedule.

the 747( Purrajaya) features and photogaphed in the tread " 747 to kuching " (Nose/frontal shot) looks so dirty, with water marks stretching from upperdeck windows all the way to maindeck.

Hope the next color scheme MH chooses will be black so dont have to worry about all the marks anymore or keeping it clean.

Hope the next color scheme MH chooses will be black so dont have to worry about all the marks anymore or keeping it clean.

Nope, doesn't work like that in real life

Dark coloured dirt only gets attracted to pale coloured surfaces whilst pale coloured dirt only gets attracted to dark coloured surfaces

Murphy's law no. ? :p

GLCs in Malaysia reward failure with titles and MORE money (e.g. MAHB and MAS).

(OT) Nevermind lah all this people craving for titles.... they don't mean anything outside Malaysia's borders, neither do they mean anything at all '6 feet under'! :)

azizul..i have given up on enrich since they have wasted my time whenever i tried to claim miles. plus i forgot to update my enrich membership which resulted in me losing lots of miles.

singapore airlines - on the other hand....faultless. I cannot believe why i was such a loyal dog to MH over the 12 years i have been in the UK. i refused to fly SQ cos i wanted our national airline to prosper. now i realise that there are much better and CHEAPER options around.

look at the state MH is in - i mentioned it last year or the year before - once MH ran out of assets to sell - it will stop making money! cutting costs in the wrong places will result in that - this is not an oil company. it is an airline - so-called 5 star one at that!

no point lying to the public - there are many many examples of five star airlines flying in and out of KLIA. we can see for ourselves.

MH have also successfully driven away all their loyal customers by not listening and cheating ppl of hard earned money for so called FSVC services - 30% reduction in pax numbers over the first quarter of 2009! That is significant and is NOT due to the recession.

sorry for the rant...

Same here, so frustrated with Enrich I decided to switch to Singapore Airlines - I love how everything is handled professionally and most importantly can be done online with no hassle. MH truly lags behind, when people are moving towards online / electronic, they still promote traditional methods to get things done, for instance this so-called Flagship Ticket office (this thread).

Sharing an experience of a friend:

MH call center hebat skrg. Kalau kena tunggu, system bgtau no. berapa & dlm berapa minit akan dilayan. Kalau tak nak tunggu, blh key in phone no. & MH akan call balik. Dah buat td, tak sampai 10 mins dpt call dr MH. Ni baru 5-star!

Any opinion?

Sharing an experience of a friend:

Any opinion?

Wow. Is that for real ?

Good on them if it is.

My record time being put on hold by them was almost 2 hours. In that time, I left the phone call on speaker mode (calling from a landline in Australia, you only pay a flat rate of 20 cents - for my case), did my laundry, transferred my laundry from the washing machine to the dryer, took them out from the dryer and then folded them and still I was on hold.