MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilson Kook

New airlines to KLIA

I doubt BA or ANA will be coming about this side. ANA already code shares on all MH flight to Japan from KUL.

As for BA, I dont think we are on their list at all, even so with the current economic downturn and the possible merger with QF. Malaysians would just have to live with the fact that BA, our once important friend is no longer an available option from KUL. The nearest you can catch them at an airport is at SIN.

We'll see !!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I doubt BA or ANA will be coming about this side. ANA already code shares on all MH flight to Japan from KUL.

As for BA, I dont think we are on their list at all, even so with the current economic downturn and the possible merger with QF. Malaysians would just have to live with the fact that BA, our once important friend is no longer an available option from KUL. The nearest you can catch them at an airport is at SIN.

We'll see !!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Apart from spotters who would like something new to photograph or people who fly First/Business class why would you want BA? The Y class product is pretty poor compared to MH (744's). Tight legroom, old entertainment system, poor food and a condescending crew.

For Y class give me SQ or MH anyday.

Apart from spotters who would like something new to photograph or people who fly First/Business class why would you want BA? The Y class product is pretty poor compared to MH (744's). Tight legroom, old entertainment system, poor food and a condescending crew.

I totally agree but the fact that BA flies to KUL is simply an image and branding for the airport itself, considering it is a big gun despite the negative factors they possess as you mention. MH for me anyday too....quality over prestige. I must say that a good way of feeling good about not having BA here or even the other big guns is that MH has better services hence people prefer them over BA, QF, NH, SA, AF and etc. Look at KUL-FRA for example....MH certainly offers a better inflight product compared to LH and given a choice I would surely choose MH to LH but the price difference is an important facotr these days, hence MH has reduced their capacity with the emergence of new airlines such as EY, QR and EK as well as LH for the pricie factor.

I should think KLIA is doing "ok" although they arent performing as well as they expect to, thanks to the slow response of certain quarters who sat on things too long and resulted in SIN and BKK heading the hub concept ahead of KUL.

My 2 cents worth

I totally agree but the fact that BA flies to KUL is simply an image and branding for the airport itself, considering it is a big gun despite the negative factors they possess as you mention. MH for me anyday too....quality over prestige. I must say that a good way of feeling good about not having BA here or even the other big guns is that MH has better services hence people prefer them over BA, QF, NH, SA, AF and etc. Look at KUL-FRA for example....MH certainly offers a better inflight product compared to LH and given a choice I would surely choose MH to LH but the price difference is an important facotr these days, hence MH has reduced their capacity with the emergence of new airlines such as EY, QR and EK as well as LH for the pricie factor.

I should think KLIA is doing "ok" although they arent performing as well as they expect to, thanks to the slow response of certain quarters who sat on things too long and resulted in SIN and BKK heading the hub concept ahead of KUL.

My 2 cents worth

If one is traveling from point to point like KUL/FRA, MH is fine. However, when you need to travel to other city like STR or HAJ, or more than one city in Europe, MH will be more expensive and inconvenience. Likewise for travelers from outside FRA.

To most frequent travelers; frequency, connection, schedule is more important than inflight service and fare. Although LH, BA, KL may be offering poorer inflight service but their yield and load between SIN/Europe is higher than MH from KUL.

:drinks:

Agree with you on BA cattle truck. Even if i can earn AAdvantage miles on BA between US-UK, I'd still fly AA if i have to fly whY for the better seats.

Only reason I'd fly BA is the New Generation Club World seats, and the extremely good value World Traveller's Plus fares. Otherwise it's QF all the way for me, especially with a consistently good to excellent yet down to earth and casual crew, a menu and wine list which promotes premier Australian produce. LH F is also a commendable class act with quite possibly the most diverse wine list I've ever seen but sadly J is worlds apart - thankfully i've yet to experience LH's infamously poor whY product. SQ might have a good hard product but I found their food and wine lists to be rather staid and pedestrian in F and J, and the crew generally overly formal though dependable and efficient (just don't ask them for anything "out of the ordinary"). Of course when you use LH F and QF as benchmarks you end up having too high a standard.

Have flown MH a few times and have found them pretty good. The crew is more casual and not overly formal or subservient like on a lot of other Asian carriers. But alas this points tart has to wait till they join OW. :)

Edited by Keith T

If one is traveling from point to point like KUL/FRA, MH is fine. However, when you need to travel to other city like STR or HAJ, or more than one city in Europe, MH will be more expensive and inconvenience. Likewise for travelers from outside FRA.

There ought to be MH through fares to other European cities via interline or codeshare agreements, for not much more than the fare to the gateway city. You could fly MH into LHR and add on BD flights to other parts of the UK for instance as there's a MH/BD codeshare. Out of FRA I'd be surprised if there isn't an interline agreement between MH and LH.

Most IATA fares can be interlined with one another. Exception being DL, which bizarrely excluded a lot of non-Skyteam carriers from combining/interlining in the latest filing of their fares. So you couldn't for instance fly BA or LH to ATL and throw in a domestic flight by DL on the same ticket not even if you pay for the DL flight as an add on. Conversely you can't also include intra Europe segments on BA when DL is the major international carrier.

Oops OT...:sorry:

Edited by Keith T

Taken a leaf from Ryanair and Charleroi Airport, may be MAHB should be paying BA, AF, UA, DL, QF, etc to operate to KUL.

Since MAHB is operating more and more duty free at KUL, MAHB can recover the subsidies from increased duty free sales.

Whatever happened to Kingfisher Airlines and Oman Air? Thought they were flying into KLIA?

Kingfisher Airlines haven't operated flights to KUL;but on Jan 16th they will be flying to SIN,using A330-200,according to Wikipedia.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

I'm not sure when Air Niugini started operation to KUL.

Capt, Air Nuigini to KUL from Port Moresby PX394 POM1500 - 1910KUL 757 every Wed starting from 10/29/08

Going back at night PX395 KUL2010 - 0420+1POM 757.

Some how, you and another friend of mine spotted the plane in the morning.

A check in their website didn't show any schedule change for above flights. :pardon:

It was taken on a Friday.

I was puzzled why on a Friday ?

Ttried waiting for her on Wed evening but left early due to rain. =@

Couldn't find info in KLIA website or Flightstat about this flight :blink:

Another mystery airline like Biman :p

Hmm... it's quite obvious that few airlines find KLIA an attraction stop. And until high yielding traffic can be eeked out of there, the only place with action will be KL LCCT.

In any case, SIN or BKK (dare I say the two de facto gateway to Malaysia) is just a skip across the prairie. MH provides very good connections to both cities. From there, you'll be spoilt by the huge variety of airlines to choose from.... including the much loved BA and QF. :)

Edited by S. Huang

In any case, SIN or BKK (dare I say the two de facto gateway to Malaysia) is just a skip across the prairie. MH provides very good connections to both cities. From there, you'll be spoilt by the huge variety of airlines to choose from.... including the much loved BA and QF. :)

A hub supposed to provide convenient connection to all the cities in the region. To limit or sanction certain cities is against the objective and self defeating. Believe MAB and MH had this mentality, a reason why KUL failed to become a hub.

Most pax connecting via BKK take TG for star alliance connection. MH’s KUL/BKK sector are mostly point to point pax.

On KUL/BKK, AK and MH provide 12 and 4 daily flight respectively. Which terminal, LCCT or MTB is more successful?

Because I have soooooooooo much time, lemme update all of you a list of airlines(excluding cargo) operating at KLIA/LCCT (As of April 2004)

Air Asia (Air Asia X, Thai Air Asia, Indonesia Air Asia)

Air India

Air India Express

Air Mauritius

Air Niugini

Best Air

Biman Bangladesh

Cathay Pacific

Cebu Pacific Airways

China Airlines

China Eastern Airlines

China Southern Airlines

Egyptair

Emirates Airlines

Etihad Airways

Eva Airways

Garuda Indonesia

Gulf Air

Hong Kong Express Airways

Iran Air

Japan Airlines

Jet Airways

Jetstar Asia Airways

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Korean Airlines

Kuwait Airways

Lion Airlines

Lufthansa German Airlines

Malaysia Airlines

Merpati Nusantara Airlines

Myanmar Airways International

Qatar Airways

Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Nepal Airlines

Saudi Arabian Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Sri Lankan Airlines

Thai Airways International

Tiger Airways

Uzbekistan Airways

Vietnam Airlines

Xiamen Airlines

Yemenia Yemen Airlines

(Source: www.klia.com.my)

Edited by Wilson Kook

Any chance for Delta to fly KUL?

They going to fly NRT-SGN and NRT-BKK starting May.

Azuddin