MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Wilson Kook

New airlines to KLIA

Any chance for Delta to fly KUL?

They going to fly NRT-SGN and NRT-BKK starting May.

Azuddin

44th airliner will be another unkown to the world indonesian airliner!

I think the list above is correct but Air India does not literally fly into KUL anymore. they used to have a twice weekly BOM-DEL-KUL flight at some point but it stopped I think recently, correct me if I am wrong.

As for Delta, never know, if MH is sure of joining Skyteam, maybe they might start a service to KUL after all !!!

:rolleyes:

They going to fly NRT-SGN and NRT-BKK starting May.

I thought NRT/BKK are flown by NWA for many years already ? And NWA commenced NRT/SGN just 2 or 3 years ago using 752 ? Not exactly a new service. I remember NRT/BKK was flown using D10, 742 and 744 before and now 332.

Edited by Isaac

Delta to KLIA might stand a chance, if we can bring the passenger yield up.

HOWEVER, even MAS flights to the US of A aren't full. As compared to our neighbours Singapore, if I'm not mistaken, they mount daily flights to the States, and their flights are often packed, based on personal experience.

PS: I've only flown to the US from S'pore 3 times :p

I can't see Delta making a profit by flying into KLIA. Not at the moment. Maybe in the future.

In addition to that, it saddens me that some of the bigger players like Qantas, British Airways, ANA and Asiana are abandoning our quiet little airport. Well guys, let's just sit and hope.

I thought NRT/BKK are flown by NWA for many years already ? And NWA commenced NRT/SGN just 2 or 3 years ago using 752 ? Not exactly a new service. I remember NRT/BKK was flown using D10, 742 and 744 before and now 332.

It's not really a new service. Just that we will see Delta planes instead of the NWA planes

Actually I got this news from one of my friend working with Delta. He saying that KUL route is still under consideration. It won't be a long haul service from the US. It's only a service from the NRT using 757 or A330.

Delta to KLIA might stand a chance, if we can bring the passenger yield up.

Oh ... yield again. Frankly, i don't think yield is the only problem KUL is facing. Do any of you guys seriously think BKK is a high yield destination ? NO WAY ! It is a very leisure oriented destination. But all the major European carriers are flocking into that airport everyday. Even small European players want to get a slice of BKK. SIN is the only city in Southeast Asia that can demand such a high yield traffic but there actually are more airlines that keen to fly into BKK than SIN, the mega financial centre of Southeast Asia. The numbers of airlines serving BKK as well as aircraft movement far exceed that of SIN.

So i believe yield is not the only problem at KLIA. I believe there simply is not enough traffic too. Passenger flow simply is too low.

it saddens me that some of the bigger players like Qantas, British Airways, ANA and Asiana are abandoning our quiet little airport.

I don't think Asiana (OZ) ever flown to KUL right ? Not even SZB (referred to KUL then). OZ however, does have a scheduled charter flight to BKI for a few years now ... hehehe ...

Actually I got this news from one of my friend working with Delta. He saying that KUL route is still under consideration.

Fingers crossed :) By the way, UAL was at one point consider serving KUL either from HKG or NRT in 2000 but of course that didn't happen.

Edited by Isaac

Let's just hope for the best. I'm looking forward to see Delta plane at KUL.

Delta is actually spreading out network to airport with lesser competition with other US airlines.

Azuddin

Just found this off the internet. Keeps us happy, at least for now. Hopefully that long search for a new airline into KLIA may end soon.

Kingfisher Airlines Ltd Vice-President (Global Sales) Siva Ramachandran said there is a proposal for including destinations such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Dhaka, Dubai and Maldives.

"Apart from this our service network would also extend to other international destinations in the Gulf such as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait," he added.

He said for this, the company is planning to hire foreign crew, and that "we are also waiting to get government permission in this regard".

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/india/new.../12/18/53333/on

PS: This was published about 3 months ago

Edited by Wilson Kook