MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

MAS 737-800 routes

Sorry to be a little off topic but can anyone translate Bulis and Beredar for me please?? Thanks. David.

Bulis means bullies- those who bullies ppl. The term inside means the people who ask us to go away when we go for spotting

AND

Beredar means TO go away from something^^

Hope these could help you. Thanks

Sorry to be a little off topic but can anyone translate Bulis and Beredar for me please?? Thanks. David.

----------------------------------------------------------Offtopic-------------------------

David,here's the meaning of the two words:

Bulis-Combination of two words;Buli (Bully) & Polis (Police).These words came after sudden tight security at areas around KUL.

Beredar-Leave

----------------------------------------------------------Offtopic-------------------------

Ok,back to our actual topic.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Should MAS paint one of it's new B738 with retro style, shld look nice and first in Asia.

Or maybe perhaps a B744 or 772ER

Should MAS paint one of it's new B738 with retro style, shld look nice and first in Asia.

Or maybe perhaps a B744 or 772ER

Flew MH1405 KBR-KUL last night and was in the 737-800. Beautiful plane and exterior. Interior wise, first 5 rows, six abreast is J class, with middle seat blocked.

Rows 6-33 in whY has narrower pitch (maybe 31 inch?) than 737-400. All leather seats. Some photos will follow, but as a prelude love the plane for its built but does not like the MH product.

Flew MH1405 KBR-KUL last night and was in the 737-800. Beautiful plane and exterior. Interior wise, first 5 rows, six abreast is J class, with middle seat blocked.

Rows 6-33 in whY has narrower pitch (maybe 31 inch?) than 737-400. All leather seats. Some photos will follow, but as a prelude love the plane for its built but does not like the MH product.

Cant wait for your photo...at least it speak more than thousand of comments/ words as well as the reality and d fact

Interior wise, first 5 rows, six abreast is J class, with middle seat blocked.

Is the seat pitch in "J" same as in Y?

The inflight services management folks need to get their heads examined. 5-star indeed?!

The inflight services management folks need to get their heads examined. 5-star indeed?!

I start to have this believe that the top management in MH listens to no one except themselves..

So whats next in MH? Meal in banana leaf?

So whats next in MH? Meal in banana leaf?

Now, that would be a brainwave well worth pursuing :good: :D

Hang on a bit - what would your definition of "meal" though ? :)

Of course we dont know how is the agreement is like between the lease company and MAS about MLA-MLC. For all we know its the lease company that says change nothing but the paint.

Now, that would be a brainwave well worth pursuing :good: :D

Hang on a bit - what would your definition of "meal" though ? :)

Nasi lemak in a banana leaf... i would like that. :D

Remember BI A 319/320 :angry:

You have a point there... I noticed the best way to get from DRW to Europe with through fares would be Qantas via Perth/Adelaide... which is a long way off. GA serves DPS, but like SIN and SGN with JQ, no through tickets. But given that neither Thai nor MI/SQ serve northen Australia to feed their European Ops, I'm guessing its not high yielding or loading... so I still have my doubts about this route lasting very long...

As far as my naked eyes are concerned, J same pitch as Y. CS was seen explaining to at least two J passengers who enquired about the seat, then animatedly patting the empty middle row while saying "kosong" (=empty)... can't hear what transpired but read lip the "kosong"... from Y there were these 2 apertures to view what was going on in J, no curtain.

As Kenneth said, a picture speaks a million words, will try to upload images tonight if free.

Of course we dont know how is the agreement is like between the lease company and MAS about MLA-MLC. For all we know its the lease company that says change nothing but the paint.

That's silly, if true. If MH values its 5-star image & product and really cares about the impact to its high yield customers, then getting proper product should be part of the key attributes of the lease arrangement. And I think swapping the Y seats for J seats ala those in the 734 is probably much easier than painting the aircraft in Mh colours and getting it registered 9M.

Pity the cabin crew - the front liners. So, here's another round of explaining to do to less-than-happy customers, just like when cold finger sandwiches were dished out to replace hotmeals.

Having 3 EY-sized seats and selling them for 2 business-lass tickets is just pointless. Normally I take the business class seat because it is wider hence more comfortable.

This is similar to checking in to a hotel, to discover you've got 2 single beds while staying alone. Totally useless.

So I suppose the same lease agreement also states that the wau logo on the tail must also be small relative to available space, so that MH's presence via its logo is diminished...hence, together with Y-seats-sold-as-J-as-Y-seats-must-not-be-changed, MH gets a hefty 50% discount on prevailing market leasing rates....(on planes whose previous operator went bust)

I can consider myself flying on board the C Class as well if the row im seating is empty..In this situation, what differentiates between the C Class and Y Class are the lounge access, meals served on board as well as the 30kg allowance on the checked in luggage...

That's silly, if true. If MH values its 5-star image & product and really cares about the impact to its high yield customers, then getting proper product should be part of the key attributes of the lease arrangement. And I think swapping the Y seats for J seats ala those in the 734 is probably much easier than painting the aircraft in Mh colours and getting it registered 9M.

Pity the cabin crew - the front liners. So, here's another round of explaining to do to less-than-happy customers, just like when cold finger sandwiches were dished out to replace hotmeals.

So I suppose the same lease agreement also states that the wau logo on the tail must also be small relative to available space, so that MH's presence via its logo is diminished...hence, together with Y-seats-sold-as-J-as-Y-seats-must-not-be-changed, MH gets a hefty 50% discount on prevailing market leasing rates....(on planes whose previous operator went bust)

As i said earlier, we do not know what are the T&C that MH signed upon getting the three ex-XL planes.

Personally, the small wau reminds me of the old fokker 50s :D

While its easier to swap out from a 734 the J-class eats - is there any unused planes in the fleet?

Maybe MH is waiting a shipment of recaro seats for the 738s and will install them later?

Right now my mind is filled too much with questions than answers to the three 738s.

I do hope someone can fill us in with why they got the 738s in those conditions.

I also hope that MH will receive input from customers on the furnishings of their ...35? owned 738s

I miss to 'meet' the B738 this evening. MH change the aircraft from B738 to A330.

I worried if they change the aircraft on 9 Mac 2009. I already buy the ticket maaaa :(

Edited by M. Sofian H.

Bad luck eh,Pyan?

Let's hope it's not going to happen on March 9th!

(If you manage to get into the 738,don't forget to take a photo on the interior too)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

The smaller Wau.... Is it really smaller or just an optical illusion perhaps by taller fin slimmer fin?

It is smaller relative to available space - irrelevant whether fin is smaller, taller, wider, whatever.

While its easier to swap out from a 734 the J-class eats - is there any unused planes in the fleet?

As we are not talking about putting 734s into the cabins of the 738s, the correct question, in my mind, should be "are there any spare 734-styled J seats available?". We are not talking about ripping out seats out of operating 734s, but with 35 in the fleet, I'm sure there would be some lying around, unless there are compatibility issues which prevents them from being fitted into the 738s.

Well, as there are MH management lurking around, maybe one of them should give the official reason on the substandard seats in J on the 738, (and stop comparing MH to the BA, LH et al on the intra-European routes - they are not competitors to MH where the 738s are operating, and they certainly did not go around town with the 5-star mantra.)

How long will the leased MAS 738 be in service in MAS fleet ? If it's only for a year or two then i guess it's not worth changing the seat configuration financially wise.

Here are some pix from said flight (sorry blur pix from ancient camera - dark cabin interior lighting did not help):

View of J class from seat 9A through uncurtained window

49a2ba785741f.jpg

49a2bb7b26ba8.jpg

Firstly - very quiet engine whether during take off or cruising. Well proportioned aircraft body, so that is look great from the outside

However the black leather seats were hard, with poor seat pitch ( I think it is 31', not as tight as AK's though). When the passenger in seat 8A reclined his seat, it was a sudden recline, not the usual gradual recline, giving me no warning at all so that the magazine that I was reading literally smacked into my face. Carpet was dark blue, the interior was dark and gloomy so that one need to switch on the reading lamp even without the cabin lights dimmed. To 'dirt pick', MH did not do a good job cleaning the cabin before using it - dust and dirt seen around lamp, interior etc. Unfortunately my camera could not capture these well.

I really thought I was flying in a LCC. Anyway I paid LCC-like fare for this flight, so dare I expect the 'going beyond expectation' treatment?

49a2bbf76248e.jpg

Was glad to have all the other seats in row 9 empty. Don't know how those who paid J will feel..... the product differentiation on-board being hot towel, sandwich, teh tarik, guaranteed newspaper, pillow and blanket.

49a2bd37e9de0.jpg

Also guaranteed newspaper, not this old Saturday paper I received on a Sunday night flight. I spotted at least 2 other passengers with Saturday Star. Some passengers did received the Sunday Times and Sunday Star

49a2be8981d67.jpg

Finally the safety card

49a2bf1f7f394.jpg

I saw that the connection for earphone pin was available - did not bring my airline adaptor to plug in my earphone. Upon landing some trance music, emceed by a western sounding DJ was played. I hope this was taken from 'inflight entertainment system'.

Verdict : Poor showing MH! Not impressed at all with the onboard product. I guess for flight less than one hour it is alright but not for longer flights. After this 'once is too much' experience I tried to change my work schedule today to avoid this aircraft for a coming trip in March to Bali. Unfortunately I had no option but to endure it on both legs - pray and fingers crossed for a last minute equipment change. But, dare I also hope that there will be some audio channels available onboard to Bali apart from the snackbox?

The gap between MH and AK is getting closer by the day - one is spiralling downward, the other is ascending upward. Oh ! please gimme back those smarties with its longer seat pitch if I have to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea!

Edited by V Wong

Pixies speak more than thousands of words...thanx for sharing....the interior does look ugly....Indeed what my friend told me was quiet a fact that, just a little divider between the GCC and the EY... not impressive at all if this concept is eventually introduced to MH B738 fleets...argh..uglyx3

I am thankful I am not a crew anymore. I can imagine the comments and complains that I would receive from the passengers. When I was flying, we has many planes on short-term lease. While the registration was not changed and we flew with hybrid livery, the business class seats were always changed to the MH standard.

Oh once again I shed a tear for the airline that I was once so proud off and I feel so sorry for my friends who still endure in these most trying of times.

Quick send an ambulance, MAS has shot themselves in the foot again.