MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sharil Abdul Rahman

Everything Scoot

Creative :D

Edited by Zamir

Scoot chief executive Campbell Wilson said recently the airline was due to receive its first 787 in November, with the Dreamliner to replace all six Boeing 777-200s the airline currently flies by the middle of 2015.

The airline has 20 Dreamliner’s on order – 10 787-8s with 335 seats and 10 787-9s with 375 seats.

Singapore Airlines long-haul low-cost subsidiary Scoot has begun the long anticipated transition from 777s to more efficient 787s. Scoot took delivery of its first of 20 787s on 31-Jan-2015 and plans to place the aircraft into service on 5-Feb-2014.

Scoot is planning a rapid fleet transition which will see all six of its 777-200s phased out by the end of 3Q2015. The airline also plans to launch several new routes as its fleet expands to 10 aircraft, a mix of 375-seat 787-9s and 330-seat 787-8s, by Apr-2016.

The 787 is important, but not the only, component of a long-term business plan that Scoot needs to implement to reach profitability. Partnerships are also crucial for unlocking growth as currently less than 5% of Scoot passengers connect to other airlines.

Scoot 787 handover ends 15 month period with no aircraft deliveries

SINGAPORE — The Merlion is taking to the skies.

Budget airline Scoot today (July 6) unveiled its newest Boeing 787 Dreamliner featuring the iconic Merlion, birthday greetings for Singapore as well as crew caricatures. The SG50 party-themed livery was painted on the plane, named Maju-lah. over seven days, with certain sections painted by hand.

More:

Scoot to spread wings with new destinations in the plans

SINGAPORE: Scoot, Singapore Airlines’ (SIA) medium to long-haul low-cost subsidiary, is set to take off with an ambitious growth plan to double seat capacity and increase route network by 50 per cent over the next 12 months.
For the first time, it is considering flying west to the Middle East and beyond — a proposition it has hitherto refrained from because of abundant opportunities in its dominant market largely comprising China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and Australia.
“The West is definitely on our cards. We are exploring some options at the moment. We haven’t finalised our decision on an announcement yet but it is not too far away. Our aircraft can fly non-stop up to London,” Scoot chief executive Campbell Wilson told TODAY.
Scoot’s eight-hour Singapore-Sydney flight is its longest at present.
“We might be a bit more niche when it comes to long-haul operations. It would not be immediate as there are lots of opportunities within Asia-Pacific, but it is not something we are closed to, especially as fuel prices stay benign,” he added, emphasising the airline’s business model focused on leisure travel on high-volume routes.
Full report:

I flew Scoot SIN-HKG in June. It was a Dreamliner, but I had no idea if it was a -8 or -9. Does someone know?

Flight was at 1 am, a couple of hours after I arrived from Sydney, so I was too tired to take down the registration.

But paying around USD150 for business class was quite awesome!

Edited by Azman MN

I flew Scoot SIN-HKG in June. It was a Dreamliner, but I had no idea if it was a -8 or -9. Does someone know?

Flight was at 1 am, a couple of hours after I arrived from Sydney, so I was too tired to take down the registration.

But paying around USD150 for business class was quite awesome!

they don't have 8's yet.

I've flown their -9's in "business" also, cheap but really more like Y+ if i am truly honest with the product.

they don't have 8's yet.

I've flown their -9's in "business" also, cheap but really more like Y+ if i am truly honest with the product.

Actually they have -8 already. First one delivered a week ago.

9V-OJC SIN-HKG 19 june 2015

11667499_10153756294806091_6591363865018

Edited by Waiping

they don't have 8's yet.

Well, more like business minus rather than economy plus :) . Kinda like business class seats before angled lie flats were invented. Better than any economy + I have seen so far.

So I've been on both 8s (ANA) and 9s ! Cool!

Edited by Azman MN

Well, more like business minus rather than economy plus :) . Kinda like business class seats before angled lie flats were invented. Better than any economy + I have seen so far.

So I've been on both 8s (ANA) and 9s ! Cool!

i think maybe need to gostan one more generation of business class. Before the angled lie flats were invented, business was like 50-52 inches of pitch (ala SQ Ultimo or the MH 744 purple seats) :D - which i would think is superior to this TZ offering, but if you go back to a slightly earlier period - circa the MH 744 business orange Seats (this is a LOOOOONG time ago) with like 40 or so inches of pitch - is probably a a better match.

I've been on both -8's and 9's too and there is one thing I don't really like about it. Maybe it's me, but it seems like when you're inside, cellphone reception is crap (ok, before anyone lectures me about usage inflight and all that - I'm referring to on the ground with the doors open) Someone told me it was from all the composites used that it blocks the signal. Don't know how far it's true though. Got my first pair of 359 rides in two weeks time and I'm not sure if that'll be the case also.

Scoot Is World's First Airline To Operate All Dreamliner Fleet

September 03, 2015 16:24 PM

By Tengku Noor Shamsiah Tengku Abdullah

SINGAPORE, Sept 3 (Bernama) -- Scoot, Singapore's great value budget carrier, became the first airline in the world to operate an all-Dreamliner fleet when its seventh 787 entered scheduled service today.

In a statement, the airline said Scoot's last 777-200 retired in style with a pyjama party on its final flight on the Singapore-Taipei-Tokyo route.

Scoot's chief executive officer Campbell Wilson said: "Since deploying our first Dreamliner in February this year, we have transitioned to an all-787 fleet in record time - just seven months.

"It is therefore appropriate that our latest Dreamliner sports the name 'Lickity-Split'."

Campbell added that Scoot's 787 had allowed the airline to set a new standard in budget travel, with great new offerings such as WiFi Internet connectivity, streaming entertainment and in-seat power throughout the aircraft, complementing the many choices already enjoyed by its guests.

Scoot has a firm order of 20 787s, split equally between 335-seat 787-8's and 375-seat 787-9's.

To commemorate being the first in the world to operate an all-787 fleet, Scoot is practically giving away tickets to destinations across the network.

It is offering an Economy Fly ticket from Singapore to Bangkok from only S$8 and to other Scoot destinations from just S$48, as well as ScootBiz perks starting from S$138.

The sale starts from today until 11.50 pm on Sept 6.

The one-way fares from Singapore exclude taxes and surcharges.

Scoot approaches profitability & becomes SEAsia’s top performing long haul LCC, boosting SIA outlook

web.jpg

Singapore based LCC Scoot is closing in on profitability and has become the best performing long haul LCC in Southeast Asia only three years after it was launched by the Singapore Airlines (SIA) Group. Scoot’s losses have narrowed significantly in recent quarters and the LCC is now profitable when excluding the impact of fuel hedging losses.

The Singapore based carrier outperformed all five other Southeast Asian long haul LCCs in the quarter ending 30-Sep-2015. Load factors are the highest in its peer group and Scoot is starting to see an improvement in yields.
Scoot’s outlook for 2016 is bright as it starts to enjoy the full benefits of its transition to 787s, lower fuel prices and a closer relationship with short haul LCC sister carrier Tigerair. But a 49% increase in capacity in the fiscal year starting Apr-2016 and several new route launches will likely pressure yields and could delay Scoot’s ability to turn its first annual profit until the fiscal year commencing Apr-2017.
Scoot had an operating loss of only about USD2.50 per passenger compared to about USD8.50 for the largest long haul LCC in the region (and the world), Malaysia AirAsia X. There were generally larger losses per passenger at smaller peers – including at Scoot's own overseas joint venture, Thailand based NokScoot.

Do not see Scoot making any profits for some years to come. Although it has transitioned to a all 787 fleet, but it has to pay very much more for the aircrafts - as Scoot was operating then the old fully paid up 772s from its parent SIA. Secondly do not see how Scoot can even take on all its 20 aircrafts in the next 3 years or so as it is not possible for scoot to grow the destinations. These 787s were ordered originally by SIA which changed its mind and "transfer" all these 787s to Scoot. It's financially difficult to start a low cost airline with brand new state of the art 787 aircrafts which cost over USD200 million.

Scoot adds Singapore-Berlin route, its third long-haul destination

SINGAPORE - Budget carrier Scoot on Friday (Dec 1) announced that it will be introducing Singapore-Berlin flights in the second half of next year, in what will be its third long-haul destination.
It intends to start selling tickets to the flights, which will operate four times a week, in the first quarter of next year.
The route from Singapore to Berlin will take about 13 hours, while the return leg will take 12 hours and 30 mins.
More:

Scoot sees second extended 787 delay in weeks

Technical and administrative issues caused a Scoot Boeing 787 Dreamliner flight to be delayed 56 hrs.—the second extended delay for the Singapore LCC’s 787s in less than a month.
The most recent incident occurred Dec. 18 when an “aircraft equipment limitation” delayed an Athens-to-Singapore flight, forcing 321 passengers to disembark, Scoot said in a statement.